• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How can i take the local council to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i take the local council to court

In 2011 i married the lady i have cared for since 1996 because she almost died.my relationship with her from 1996-2011 has always been as her carer as she has m.s and is parylised from the waist down,the council decided that as i married her we must have been living as a couple from 2004 ,took her to court and had a ccj with a fine of nearly £5.000 for overpayment of council tax made against her,she is severely disabled and vunerable and bullied by the council for almost a year,i have tried to help by writing on her behalf but it seems futile and they seem to ignore all my letters ,need advice.
    Tags: None

Re: How can i take the local council to court

Hi I think that maybe going to a solicitor and getting them to write to the council on your behalf and maybe swearing an oath that your telling the thruth, I think its called an avit davit or something, anyways that might help.

Mind you thats just my opinion, someone else may pop along with another idea.

Comment

I have worked with people with conditions, like MS, and suffer with a neurological disorder which is not MS. I feel that the first thing you need to do is get in touch with the MS Society and obtain some advice and guidance. The MS Society's website is at www.mssociety.org.uk. There, you will find links for carers and patients and a freecall telephone number for their helpline. You should also get in touch with the Equality & Human Rights Commission about this matter. Their website is at www.equalityhumanrights.com.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
        Hi I think that maybe going to a solicitor and getting them to write to the council on your behalf and maybe swearing an oath that your telling the thruth, I think its called an avit davit or something, anyways that might help.

Mind you thats just my opinion, someone else may pop along with another idea.
        The word you're looking for, Sapphy, is affidavit. These need to be done by a Notary Public/Commissioner for Oaths.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ALDERVALLEY View Post
          In 2011 i married the lady i have cared for since 1996 because she almost died.my relationship with her from 1996-2011 has always been as her carer as she has m.s and is parylised from the waist down,the council decided that as i married her we must have been living as a couple from 2004
          How did they work that out?

took her to court and had a ccj with a fine of nearly £5.000 for overpayment of council tax made against her,
          Which is it - a fine or a CCJ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X