• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I need help accused of shop lifting in asda store & treated appalingly after appeal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help accused of shop lifting in asda store & treated appalingly after appeal.

. I entered your store tobuy some items, including a pack of nappies, which when I picked them up I putthem over my pram handle as I had no basket at that time to put them in. I then realised I needed a basket, so Icollected one from a till point and went on with my shopping. When I hadfinished my shopping I went to the till and paid for my items. Mistakenly, I had forgotten to put thenappies on the conveyor belt and went to leave the store.
    I had just reached the internal doors when the security guardcame up and asked for my receipt. Ishowed the security guard my receipt and on inspection I saw that I forgottento pay for the nappies. I turned to theguard, apologised and offered to pay for the nappies, on which he told me thatNo, I couldn’t pay for the nappies and that I had to step to the side. The security guard then asked me to sign apiece of paper to agree to being banned from the store or otherwise the policewould be called. At no point did heallow me to explain what had happened and was very abrupt in his dealings with me. All this was done at the front doors of thestore on one of the busiest days of the week.
    Needless to say I was extremely upset and embarrassed as I waswith my young son and I didn’t want to be embarrassed further I signed thepaper and left the store.

I am unsure weather they have dealt with this situation properly i sent them a letter appologising for my genuine oversight explaining that i am a single mother and that i use the store everyday.

and thier reply was:-

Dear Heather

Thankyou for your letter requesting that we lift the ban you currently have on entering asda.
    After careful consideration i feel at the present time unable to allow you to return to shopping at the store. i hope this answers your query.

yours sincerely

I rang the store asking what there reason were for there actions, they replied saying that i wasnt banned for theft i was banned for my shopping habits? i asked what he ment by this and he replied saying because i walked through the self service and the paying desk which i know i definatly did not do. i asked him if he had checked the cctv to prove that and he said he didnt need to as he was taking his collegues word for it. I told him i wanted it reviewed and the cctv looked at which he then said ok bye and put the phone down.

I now no longer want to shop at the store anyway because of the way ive have been treated but i feel i need some justice as this is rediculous.

Tags: None

Re: I need help accused of shop lifting in asda store & treated appalingly after appe

It may help you to post this again here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ewthread&f=256 as more may see it who can help you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X