• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My PPIs, Store/credit cards Reclaim.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PPIs, Store/credit cards Reclaim.

So I have decided to try and reclaim my PPI and credit card charges myself.

Headache!!!!

I hope its okay to post a thread. I want to have a place to keep people up to date, advise, tips etc.

So I have started reading what is needed to be done.........so many people have done so many different things etc. Its confusing.
    Any advice along the way will me appreciated it.

I have
    1) £1000 loan, nearly repayed. (Lloyds TSB)
    2) 2x credit cards (1 is at least 8 years old)-------Late payment charges on some, PPI on them (Lloyds TSB and Post Office. Had a Captial one at one point but not used it in years)
    3) Store cards Argos, New Look-------Late Payment charges and PPI
    4) Studio Account with horrible late payment charges.

I normally only miss payments by a day depending on when I have been paid etc, so I don't do it on purpose. I have cleared all accounts (not loan) at least once in the past (this includes the credit cards)

So this is what I have done so far.

1) Started to dig up statements (I tend to keep them a year) and list what charges have been applied to which account/card
    2) Got a template for an SAR

There is so much conflicting information out there. Some people have claimed by just sending details of charges, some have filled in hundreds of forms to send off.

Any advice, tips etc.
    I am reading all the threads and all that on here as well.
    Tags: None

Re: My PPIs, Store/credit cards Reclaim.

Hi there

First of all keep PPI reclaiming separately to that of the charges.
    I'm sure someone here will help you on the charges side of it, but I am more on the PPI side of it.

If you already have paperwork, you can fire away on the reclaiming of the PPI by completing a reclaim questionnaire, send to the ones responsible for setting/arranging it for you.

If the credit was from the same business, for example 2 credit cards, one SAR request is sufficient with the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order, just enclose the account numbers, so they will be aware that you require all the data from both accounts.

And the same with a reclaim complaint, if the accounts were with the same business, and you have the same mis selling reasons, you can complain on the one complaint - apply all account numbers that apply.

As you already have the SAR letter template, below is the reclaim questionnaire, always keep copies as well, in case you need to refer back to it again at some point, you should receive an acknowledgement letter within a week, maybe 2, and from there they should confirm they have 8 weeks as from the date they received the complaint to send you a final decision.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.pdf

More details below, and how to calculate PPI, posted by Turbo.
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...I-Calculations

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ASE-READ-FIRST

It does not matter if the accounts are still active or settled, or what position your in, hope this info helps, we will help all we can.

Good luck.

Comment

Its been a while since I started this thread and I have not started claiming yet due to some personal issues.

So I am going to start now.

1) Got letter ready to send to Lloyds TSB re-Credit card charges since 2005ish
      2) Will start others slowly over next few weeks.

Question
      I took out my 2 year loan with Lloyds in 2010, can I still claim PPI? Because by then PPI laws were changed etc.
      Want to know if it is worth starting any claim on this Loan.

Still got to battle with Argos, New Look, Captial One and Studio Catalogue. I am in not fit state physically or emmotionally to do this but I refuse to let some stupid company gain some of MY money!

Comment

Hiya

Hope your well and thank you for posting.

Yes you can still make a reclaim even if it was an account taken out in 2010, if you have been mis sold, then you have a right to reclaim back the ppi no matter what.

Please let us know how you get on, and any problems, we can take it from there.

Good luck. x

Comment

Hi Di

Thanks, I am doing okay --ish!

Good to know I can claim even though it was 2010. I am trying to find the "book" of paperwork I got from them but I do remember the Bank man asking me about PPI and as I was in a full time good paying job, there was no fear of not paying on time etc. Plus I was conned into starting a Life Insurance too, but I needed to start one as I had just married and was planning a family.

Will start the claim then, thanks

Comment

Hey

been a while.
            Well paperwork is STILL here and unfinished. I am determined to carry on with this and I am going to sit here tonight and fill in forms etc.

Comment

One of my new years res was to not delay on completing things. So I am carrying on with these claims.
              The PPI claim form for my Lloyds credit card is complete. I am lucky to still have the original letter then sent me about when the police started, so going to photocopy this as well as a statement to highlight the charges. So i am okay to send this off. Is that all I need to do for the credit card??? Or should I send the SAR off first.

Well I have a letter for my argos, studio etc etc all ready to fill in and send off. These ones seem simpler then claiming for PPIs!!

I actually dont think I had PPI on my loan from 2010. But it doesn't hurt to try and claim right?

Now just need to find info for Captial One and Post Office cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittycat View Post
                One of my new years res was to not delay on completing things. So I am carrying on with these claims.
                The PPI claim form for my Lloyds credit card is complete. I am lucky to still have the original letter then sent me about when the police started, so going to photocopy this as well as a statement to highlight the charges. So i am okay to send this off. Is that all I need to do for the credit card??? Or should I send the SAR off first.

Well I have a letter for my argos, studio etc etc all ready to fill in and send off. These ones seem simpler then claiming for PPIs!!

I actually dont think I had PPI on my loan from 2010. But it doesn't hurt to try and claim right?

Now just need to find info for Captial One and Post Office cards.
                Hiya
                You have everything in order then ;-) that's good.

It is optional to send a SAR request, but it may help if you need information to help you with the reclaim, but they should send you a breakdown once resolved, so the choice is your's really.
                We will be happy to post up a SAR for you if required.

Any loans and credit cards taken out, they may have even added it without your knowledge, in this case yes it's worth making a reclaim.

Good luck.

Comment

Dizzy Di, you are such a support. Always got good advice thanks.

I have decided to start my Store cards one first as I am sure I have more documents for my credit card and will delve into that when I have a week off soon.

I have used a template letter that basically says and i wish to receive a breakdown of all costs, charges etc on my account and that by law I am entitled to recieve this.(i shall be sending off a £10 cheque to cover info)
                  So this is the right first step? Then I guess once I receive the breakdown I can calculate costs and send another letter onto them.
                  Should I request a copy of my agreement with them? I know there isn't a "signed" one as I joined via a catalogue once i placed my first order.

Comment

Your very welcome. ;-)

Yes that is fine what you have done, and yes you are entitled to the information, by sending the letter to request for the data on the account.

It is usually the first step, more so if you've no information at all.
                    It's good to know and have an idea of what you should expect to receive, but you do not actually need to write the amount or calculations on the complaint letter etc.

Requesting for the copy of the agreement is also optional, usually they will only normally provide them if the account is still open/active, but yet it is still known on closed accounts that some businesses will still provide you with a copy of the agreement.
                    Some write back and state if the account is closed they are no longer obliged to provide the agreement, but maybe they will enclose the agreement with the SAR info, it can vary from one business to the other.

To request for the agreement alone, it a £1 postal order or cheque and they should provide by 12 days, sometimes it can go on to 14 days.

Comment

Thanks Dizzy. Letter is typed up ready to go. Been researching all night!!

Comment

Good one, well done. x
                        And the best of luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X