• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court claim form

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking and reading a lot of the posts with interest. Now decided to join.

Due to mental health reasons, I have not been able to work at my second job and things have snowballed.

I owe approx £80000 and the first court claim has arrived.

What do I have to do, just fill it in, or do I send the prove it letters etc.

This debt is for a bank credit card ( £8000)and they are doing this them selves.

card was done online and don't rember signing anything, although I will search my papers as I keep everything.

Also have a £10000 debit with the same bank, so expecting another county court claim for that one as well.

Is there anything I should do apart from filling in the form received and sending to the court.

I will only be able to offer a very small monthly payment, don't have the figures right now, but about £30 which I don't expect them to accept.

What action will/can they take, charging order would be ok as there is no benefical interest in the property, will they force a sale(cannot see the point as no equity).

Hope this makes sense

thanks for any help/advice.

Do I have to still make monthly payments even with a charge on property?
    Tags: None

Re: court claim form

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking and reading a lot of the posts with interest. Now decided to join.

Due to mental health reasons, I have not been able to work at my second job and things have snowballed.

I owe approx £80000 and the first court claim has arrived.

What do I have to do, just fill it in, or do I send the prove it letters etc.

This debt is for a bank credit card ( £8000)and they are doing this them selves.

card was done online and don't rember signing anything, although I will search my papers as I keep everything.

Also have a £10000 debit with the same bank, so expecting another county court claim for that one as well.

Is there anything I should do apart from filling in the form received and sending to the court.

I will only be able to offer a very small monthly payment, don't have the figures right now, but about £30 which I don't expect them to accept.

What action will/can they take, charging order would be ok as there is no benefical interest in the property, will they force a sale(cannot see the point as no equity).

Hope this makes sense

thanks for any help/advice.

Do I have to still make monthly payments even with a charge on property?
    Couple of changes, the other debt is £15000.

The amount I can repay monthly on the £8000 credit card is £15, shall I offer £10. This was worked out by my cash available after all priority debts and pro- rata with the other debts which are owed but not gone to court yet.

Comment

Hi,

See you named yourself after the iconic character created by the late Kenny Everett. The man was a genius. Anyway, your total debts come to £23,000. Have you spoken to someone like National Debt Helpline or CAB at all? I feel, taking account of your health issues, it would be wise to approach one of these organisations as soon as possible and ask their help, as this could have a bearing on the way the creditors and, ultimately, the court deals with your case. If at all possible, speak to one of the organisations I have mentioned tomorrow.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

My employer has a counselling dept, they have a money expert and she looked at my debts and worked out the amount left to pay debts.

Total debts are £80,000. This is the first of the expected court proceedings, only credit card so far for £8000, do you think they would accept £15 ?

Is there any point asking to prove the debt, I know I owe it and the amount is correct, although it includes a few penalty charges.

I understand if I agree. then I send my proposal for payments on the form back to the bank, only goes to the court if I dispute the claim.

Only had the card a year and it was applied via internet, so I guess it would be easy for them to prove it?

I had a visit a couple of months back, from the collections dept and the bloke was quite nice and understanding of my problem.

But I guess they still have to proceed.

Comment

Yeah. And they're going to have to explain why they let you run up such large debts. I still feel you need someone to help you deal with the legal issues. Contact your local Law Centre tomorrow and ask to see one of their legal professionals. Advice is free. The fact you have mental health issues has a bearing on the case and your creditors have a lot of questions to answer. This is why I am advising you to contact your local Law Centre.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X