• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Express

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Express

Hi everybody just joined having problems with Mortgage Express and the conduct of the recievers that they have appointed
    Tags: None

Re: Mortgage Express

same here - some questions for you all out there:
    • Has anyone experienced a debt forgiveness or mortgage write off with Mortgage express? I appreciate that this may be a confidential arrangement
    • Why don't we all club together for a class action against Mortgage Express? That should wake them up as surely with the number of problems with the appointment of LPA receivers and their relative lack of experience in managing out the properties successfully and selling for huge shortfalls thru agents out of area, etc....

Comment

why dont we all take out a class action against Mortgage Express?

Comment

Hi Surinder,
        I would be interested in a class action against mortgage express.

Comment

Hello there,

yes we are having a lot of problem with them. They are rude, our properties are empty and they are letting tenants leave early when they are not allowed to without giving adequate notice!

Which LPA firm have other people had instructed on their properties? We have Begbies-Traynor.

Princess

Comment

The Ombudsman has already ordered some mortgage lenders to pay compensation for selling properties at below market value following repossession and the same approach should apply to properties taken into receivership and sold or badly managed:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...n-disputes.htm

I have a residential mortgage with Mortgage Express and had a complaint upheld by the Ombudsman which resulted in an £8k refund for overpaid interest and a £600 reduction in my monthly payments. This ruling could effect all customers whose loans originated with GMAC (Buy-to-Let and residential) and were sold on to Mortgage Express who then charged a lower Standard Variable Rate for its "organic" customers when they came off the introductory fixed rate, and double the amount for ex-GMAC customers. There are thousands who are being overcharged.

It looks as though Mortgage Express would like me to keep this quiet and when I got into arrears they immediately issued possession proceedings. The case was dropped and after a second complaint to the FOS I had a refund of the overcharged legal fees. So Mortgage Express are not my favourite creditor right now even though they didn't get to take my home off me :nono:

As a direct result I have been planning a group action against them and have been collecting a list of victims. All that's needed now is to find a solicitor willing to take this on with a CFA

Comment

Originally posted by Surinder View Post
              • Has anyone experienced a debt forgiveness or mortgage write off with Mortgage express? I appreciate that this may be a confidential arrangement
              • Why don't we all club together for a class action against Mortgage Express? That should wake them up as surely with the number of problems with the appointment of LPA receivers and their relative lack of experience in managing out the properties successfully and selling for huge shortfalls thru agents out of area, etc....
              Count me in for class action against Mortgage Express

Comment

Originally posted by Surinder View Post
                Count me in for class action against Mortgage Express

Comment

Hello I have an issue with Mortgage Express they will not extend my term or sell the business on. Not treating us fairly. I would like to start a petition to the Financial Conduct Authority. I have sent a letter to them with 3 examples so far. I need many more.

Comment

Originally posted by enright007 View Post
                    Hi everybody just joined having problems with Mortgage Express and the conduct of the recievers that they have appointed
                    Yes! I have and continue to incur many problems with them all including Drysdenfairfax Solicitors.

Class Action could be the way forward and if we have the collective evidence I have a Barrister who would consider to takethem on

Regards

RAF

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please expand your issues with ME.

Comment

I have a number of good Solicitors that I can vouch for however we have to be mindful of costs and be clear and in agreement with any proposal Class Action intended

Kind Regards

RAF

Comment

Let us group together and access how much money is available I am willing to consider to take the lead subject to cooperation. We have to draft out our Particulars of Claim carefully and ensure that the respective potential claimants are not time barred.

I look forward to your respective response.
                        RAF

Comment

I am willing to facilitate an initial meeting in London near Bond Street Station to discuss, agree and understand the respective issues and have a solicitor/s present.

I look forward to hearing from one and all.

Best Regards

RAF

Comment

[QUOTE=RAF525;550677]I am willing to facilitate an initial meeting in London near Bond Street Station to discuss, agree and understand the respective issues and have a solicitor/s present.

I look forward to hearing from one and all.

Best Regards I am in the same boat with MX they have got rid of a good Tennant through LPA and are now selling my property over less than 2 months mortgage which I wanted to pay I told them it Was illegal and I was taking house back so they've bordered it up they try there very best to take house off without court order and there's no one stopping them they should be regulated there crooks I have just found out that they have been charging me too much interest

Comment

[QUOTE=Darrenj1210;686890]
                              Originally posted by RAF525 View Post
                              I am in the same boat with MX they have got rid of a good Tennant through LPA and are now selling my property over less than 2 months mortgage which I wanted to pay I told them it Was illegal and I was taking house back so they've bordered it up they try there very best to take house off without court order and there's no one stopping them they should be regulated there crooks I have just found out that they have been charging me too much interest
                              Can you provide a little more information about your situation.

This isn't the first time I've heard about the Mortgage Express acting in a heavy-handed way and not always lawfully either.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X