• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI - Direct Car Finance UK (the funding corporation ltd??) and Credit Acceptance UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI - Direct Car Finance UK (the funding corporation ltd??) and Credit Acceptance UK

My situation is quite similar to Beagle Puppy but finds it more complicated. Took a private Car Finance with a single premium PPI and GAP Insurance policies in 2001 through Credit Acceptance UK who went into liquidation in 2010. Although the company is still active and operational in US but denies any involvement with CA UK company (got an email reply from their Legal & Litigation dept. saying they don't understand the terms/what I meant by Underwriter/Insurance company for CA UK!!). Administrators Deloitte in London refused to disclose any info(particularly when I inquired about CA UK underwriter/Insurance co. claiming they dealt with CA UK company and already closed the books, only a few years ago and gave me US contacts!). I paid up in full through debt collection agency Marlin (who I must say have been very supportive in my search for info). My search for Underwriter/Insurance co is because FOS said I might be able to claim PPI through them (i.e Underwriter/Insurance Co). Can confirm Credit Acceptance were regulated by CCA 1974, and understand I won't be able to claim through Financial Compensation Scheme. My initial findings (might be wrong) were either AVIVA or Sterling were the underwriters, but both companies deny any dealings with CA UK. AVIVA wrote to me and said is 'not responsible for investigating the sale of my PPI policy. Because the sale was arranged and sold by Credit Acceptance' Their letter went on and said 'To clarify, in the event that you choose to make a complaint to the FOS about Aviva or any Aviva subsidiary company, we will ask them to dismiss the matter on the basis that we have no responsibility for the sale of your PPI policy'. I haven't written to Sterling Insurance because they denied outright over the phone that CA doesn't ring a bell to their ears!

Just found the paperwork which shows Sale agreement was somehow 'jointly' done by CA UK and Direct Car Finance UK (I have what seems to be Credit Acceptance's Insurance Verification Form detailing DCF as Dealership Name and number, Vehicle Cash Price, PPI, GAP and Warranty boxes checked and both my Declaration signature and DCF's agent signature). I also have DCF's Invoice to CA UK with vehicle and price details. I also have Customer Data Sheet with my details on and CA's Conditional Sale agreement paper. I checked with FOS and was advised DCF still exist but was given contact details for 'the funding corporation ltd'. Companies House search reveals that DCF UK was dissolved on 22.01.03.

It's been seven months now only trying to dig out some info in order to make a claim to the right people. Does anybody know if:
    a) Direct Car Finance is indeed 'the funding corporation ltd' and if the answer is YES, shall I make claim to 'the funding corporation ltd'? since DCF is dissolved and CA liquidated.
    b) Anybody know who was the underwriter/how do I go about finding the Underwriter/Insurance company?
    c) what address if either 'a' or 'b' above (or any other if not a or b).

Please help
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X