• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please on Judgment Order...!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please on Judgment Order...!

Hi I post a brief outline of my case!

I was looking to go into business with someone (not someone I new very well) but the business model looked right and so I paid him £5k with a further £20k for a 25% share of his business and a Directorship. After paying the initial £5k we started to discuss work practices etc and started to work together. Then I asked for the share certificate details and for an agreement between us to be put in writing. He then decided he didn't want to do that as he didn't like using solicitors as it cost money he also says in writing to me (emails) that he didn't like solicitors and he wanted to avoid the tax man. I started to get very wary of him and said I wanted to get this sorted before I paid any further monies. He instructed his accountant too insipid the share certificate but nothing ever came to me. She said he never signed any agreements for her to go ahead and issue such paperwork so she couldn't. So I told him I was out.

I have emails frohim throughout agreeing that if I pulled out he would refund my initial £5k and that if I did I would be bounded not to discuss his business details. He then went to ground. I asked him to go to mediation he refused and has since refused to send my £5k back. I might be stupid I hear you say and I guess I am but we both work in an industry where we have to be consider to be "fit and proper people" so I thought we could trust each other!

I raised a small claims court stating I wanted my money back or the minimum share option all of which I have him saying he would do (emails) and have sent these copied to the Court. The Judge has come back with and order:-

The claim is stayed on the grounds that the claimants statement of case (I've only done a defenece of a counter claim and statement of truth) discloses no causes of action against the defendant. Unless by a certain time I file with the Court and serve a copy to the defendant a further statement of case that discloses accuse of action against the defendant, the claim wil stand and be struck out.

What more can I send them. They say I have sent inadequate particulars of claim.
    My question is what else am I supposed to send them???? Any thoughts help greatly appreciated. I'm my eyes it basically I've been a bit naive and he's taken money by defraud ? Thanks for reading""
    Tags: None

Re: Help please on Judgment Order...!

Hi Bootsie

Can you post up the exact wording of the POC you entered please?

Cel :beagle:
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine, good to hear from you. I'm really virgin to this what's a POC? :tinysmile_kiss_t4: !!

Comment

Particulars of Claim.

The exact wording that you entered on the Court Form when you started the case.

Anything your unsure of....just scream x :beagle:
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Do post your POC here and that's two of us who will look at it for you. Don't delay - sounds like time is against you.

Comment

Hi thanks for looking I'm away a t the moment and don't have access to it but will post it ASAP. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks Celestine I worked it out after asking you!!! I'm away at the moment but will do ASAP I've not got it on me just now.

Comment

Here's what my statement to the court said.

Defence of Counterclaim and Statement of Truth Page 1 of 3

Defence of Counterclaim:

1 (A)

Mr X states in his Counterclaim that I “agreed to purchase 25% shares for £25,000 with no other conditions to the sale other than the transfer of the shares”.

I have an email from Mr X (which holds potentially sensitive information to another party so it is currently not added in here). The email to me dated Tues 24th May 2011 stating in his words (text starts):

“where do i see you fitting in. 

As i said, i alway knew that at some stage, i expected to take on other people.. I know my streagths and also my weakness's, i have a vision for the network far beyond being the affinity king. Non of which have yet been done, but have all been tested out my me and they work.

They fall under the headings of Insurance and Advertising. 

If you decide to come onboard, your position will be Marketing Director and i will give you free reign to market the network. My skills are in coming up with other idea's that the company can develop” (text ends).

This is also confirmed by him in an email dated 30th May 2011 (Doc 1).

He clearly states the Shares come with a Directorship and subsequently gave me a Directors Form to complete and return to him so he could forward to Companies House, I never returned this to him and he never asked me for it again.

1 (B)

Mr X also states in a further email of 28th May 2011 (copy attached Doc 2) regarding me joining the business as a job (text starts):

“i think you are the right person for the job” (text ends).

(Copy of email date 30th May 2011 attached Doc 3) states:-

……As promised. The deal:- That £5000 is paid into my pay pal account via the companies website.

Once this has been paid, i will disclose what has happened this week that makes me think that the value of the network has gone from £100,000 to £1,000,000.

Once i have told you why i think that £25,000 for a 25% share in the network is a sound investment, if you agree then we arrange for the other £20,000 to be paid and the Directorship and Share holding be assigned to you.

On your part, what is being discussed between us in highly sensitive company business. You will agree not to inform anyone of the information i will give you. This includes your other associate.

If you agree to these terms and place the funds in my pay pal account, if after i have disclosed the details you decide not to join the network as it's marketing director i will refund the £5000 and you will be bound to keep the company's secrets secret.

Claim No. 121121212

Defence of Counterclaim and Statement of Truth Page 2 of 3

3) Defence of Counterclaim continued:

1 (C)

Mr X claim states that I started to demand changes to the Company which he was not prepared to do. I am not sure what changes he is referring to as they are not specified in his Counterclaim so I cannot defend or comment on this.

1 (D)

Mr X claims that the loss of income from this amount not being paid “has damaged his Company”.

I will require specific details and proof from Mr X in order to comment and defend against his statement. I do have documentation showing that he has recently given away £500 to Charity. I would assume a “damaged” Company would not be able to be this generous.

1 (E)

Mr X claims “a share transfer form was completed by his Accountant and forwarded to me”. I confirm this has never been received by me and ask Mr X to send proof of having sent it to me. My last request for this document was 2nd January 2012, via email.

I also Defend this statement with:-

Copy of letter attached (Doc 4) sent by me to Mr X dated 15th November 2011 stating that no share transfer to that date had been received by me.
                I also asked Mr X in the same letter (Doc 4) to undertake Mediation which he has subsequently refused to do.
                I have an email from his Accountant (Doc 5) dated 27th Sept 2011 stating she was “sorting things”. Nothing has ever been received by me.
                I also have an email from Mr X stating that he wished to “keep the taxman and solicitors out of our dealings” (Doc 6) dated 25th September 2012 it was then I decided not to go ahead with any further dealings with Mr X.
                1 (F)

I received a final “offer” from Mr X to again “buy in” to his business in Feb 2012 for a considerably reduced amount and no Directorship. I felt I could not work with him and advised him to this effect. Also that I was going to pursue the matter of refunding my £5,000 through the Courts as he had offered previously “to refund the £5,000 and I would be bound by the Companies secrets”. (24th Feb 2012 Doc 7).

This is the basis for my Claim via the Courts.

Defence of Counterclaim and Statement of Truth Page 3 of 3

2) Statement of Truth

I, confirm that insofar as the facts stated in the above Report (and any attachments) regarding my Claim No ?!?!?!? dated 7th June 2011 are to my own knowledge true.

I confirm that I have made clear which facts and matters referred to in this report are within my own knowledge and which are not. Those that are within my own knowledge I confirm to be true. The opinions I have expressed represent my true and complete professional opinions on the matters to which they refer.

Signed……………………………. Dated …………………………….

Comment

Sorry not posted back sooner. Was your original claim for the return of your £5,000? (Presumably you didn't pay him any more than this.) I guess he then defended and counterclaimed against you, and you replied in the terms posted above. Is this correct? Your original claim would have been set out in your Claim Form, and I think the Judge's order relates to this.
                  You don't say if you've had any legal advice. It may be worth your while to take some advice from a solicitor or law centre. Many solicitors offer a half hour free consultation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X