• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BlackHorse Finance Claim Pre 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackHorse Finance Claim Pre 2005

Please help!

I have gone through the complaints procedure with Black Horse Finance in relation to recouping my PPI for loans that I had in 2000 and 2001 which I paid off sometime in 2004/5
    When I took out the initial loan I was told that I could not have the loan unless I took the payment protection which I could barely afford, added to this during the period that I had the loan I had been made redundant, a fact that I made them aware of and asked if there was any assistance that could be given, i was told there was not and struggled to keep up the payments as best as I could bur sunsequently had late payment charges etc.

However they have now replied back to my letters (after 2 and a half months!!!) and advised me that they shall not repay the PPI and that the FOS wil not assist me as this agreement was made prior to 2005 and I can contact the FLA, I would like to know in addition to the FLA is there anything further that I can do.

Any help or advice anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks

Cautious Lady
    Tags: None

Re: BlackHorse Finance Claim Pre 2005

Originally posted by Cautious Lady View Post
    Please help!

I have gone through the complaints procedure with Black Horse Finance in relation to recouping my PPI for loans that I had in 2000 and 2001 which I paid off sometime in 2004/5
    When I took out the initial loan I was told that I could not have the loan unless I took the payment protection which I could barely afford, added to this during the period that I had the loan I had been made redundant, a fact that I made them aware of and asked if there was any assistance that could be given, i was told there was not and struggled to keep up the payments as best as I could bur sunsequently had late payment charges etc.

However they have now replied back to my letters (after 2 and a half months!!!) and advised me that they shall not repay the PPI and that the FOS wil not assist me as this agreement was made prior to 2005 and I can contact the FLA, I would like to know in addition to the FLA is there anything further that I can do.

Any help or advice anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks

Cautious Lady

Hi and welcome

Well in my opinion you do have good reasons to make a complaint/reclaim, but as BH was not regulated they tend to fob off unfortunately.

However, you can give the FLA a try, but just want to make you aware that going from others and myself who have tried this avenue in the past they have not been that helpful, but do give it a go, because you may be one of the lucky ones with a bit of luck.

Now if this fails, even though the FOS are not able to adjudicate/take on non regulated policy complaints, they do usually advise on other avenues, but it may take some time.
    This is usually the underwriter/insurer avenue who were highly likely to have been regulated (as being a insurer), you can try pursuing them.

Although it's likely they will not accept any liability, but the FOS will be willing to take it on - on this avenue, and investigate what involvement the underwriter/insurer had when the policy was sold to you, as they have obviously been involved somewhere along the line.

If you do not know who the insurer was, you can write to BH and ask them to provide you with the policy details, this should be sent free of charge in the post, even though the account is no longer active you are entitled to details of the insurer which are enclosed on the policy document booklet.
    Or you can ask the FOS to find out for you.

It's another avenue the FOS will probably suggest, but do rule out the FLA first, see where that takes you, hopefully it will be resolved at this avenue, but if this fails, then do contact the FOS on the next best direction to take.

Good luck.

Comment

Cautious Lady - I can confirm what Di says, but you will have to be tenacious.

In the one case (of three) cases that I'm pursuing that falls under FLA jusrisdiction (as if a 'buddy-club' vested interest group such as the FLA would help in any case), Blackhorse's underwriter, LTSB General Insurance - i.e. themselves - have proven to be extremely slippery.

They completely ignored a letter I sent to them at the same time as I sent complaints about the other two cases to the FOS. I made contact a couple of times with people who promised to call me back to let me know what was happening, but several weeks later, nothing.

I'm preparing now to hand this case over to the Ombudsman too.

Good luck with your own case and let us know if you manage to make contact (and with whom should you manage to get a response)

Best
      Halimac

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ng-Corporation

have a nose

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X