• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT Help required PLEASE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT Help required PLEASE

Hiya everyone Sorry its been along time in talking with you all, I have had a quite a year from hell..but thats another story...My reason form y posting is I am after someone who knows about property laws an transactions.

You see when I purchased my property off the council I believe they have added unfair terms and conditions in which they are forcing private tenants to pay for what the council does not want to pay and cannot claim from their council tenants and all previous private tenants since they bought in their unfair conditions and put it in the contracts basically forcing to us and others to pay!!!

As part of the terms and conditions of purchasing the property the council insist that we PAY for the servicing of the District heating system..Whatever the costs are at the end of each year they divide this amount between the private tenants who are forced to pay or be cut off from their heating and hot water supply, but like all the others...the private tenants pay for the heating the hot water the same way they do by means of pay as you go....you charge up a heating card...NO ONE ever runs up a bill...and we are ALL charged the same rates for the supply...

I need someone to advise urgently!!!!

Many thanks...

I have got less than 28 days to respond!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: URGENT Help required PLEASE

Sorry to bump this...But I could really use some help and advice please

Comment

In recent years, a number of local authorities have been found to be in breach of the law over things like this. Your best bet is to speak to a legal professional at your local Law Centre. They provide free legal advice. It is difficult to decide whether the issue you have brought to the LB forums is a matter of Contract Law or Public Administration Law, hence the advice to contact your local Law Centre.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks Bluebottle, I have been in touch with my MP and they have put me in touch with my local councillor who is going to fast track as much help as he can. My MP has asked that i keep them informed of any updates, from what my local councillor has said, he said it sounds like have duped a lot of people into thinking none of the neighbours would talk to each other and find out what they have been doing. I`m hoping for a positive outcome. At best, something along the lines of a unlawful contract and un enforceable.

Comment

I'm glad your local councillor and MP are taking this matter seriously. Please let us know how things pan out.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

This is just my opinion as i do not deal generally deal in this area, but is it not unlawful to got off someones heating supply? Is it not also a breach of human rights laws under the right to adquate accomadation and living standards! On those points alone i would say the terms were unlawful let alone unfair in contract law.
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

To be honest Teaboy I have no idea, but I am NOT going to let them get away with what they are intending, without a doubt when they have gone to court they will have lied and said everyone is paying this charge when they are clearly not. As for disconnection, they can try but I doubt they would succeed in gaining a court order to allow entry to do this when the supply is paid for and no bill is run up, the only bill NOT being paid at this said time is the bill they are charging me for "services" that they are NOT charging everyone for and are not Proportion with what should be shared by each household that is connected to such supply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X