• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy: Where is my money?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy: Where is my money?

Basic story is that i took redundancy from my job(I do have another one which I am working in now). However I have been paid my last salary pay and it was stated in the stuff to do with redundancy that they would pay that with it. I have emailed them and they are looking into this. Simple question: How long, legally, should they take to pay me this money?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Redundancy: Where is my money?

I believe the relevant part below applies - However as you have emailed them i believe they must pay you your redundancy within a reasonable period of time (after which you can claim at tribunal i believe), and they would likely be held liable for any financial deteriment you suffer for their failure to pay you on the originally agreed date of payment.

Note below is regarding claims made to tribunal i believe.

Claims for redundancy payment.(1)An employee does not have any right to a redundancy payment unless, before the end of the period of six months beginning with the relevant date—
    (a)the payment has been agreed and paid,
    (b)the employee has made a claim for the payment by notice in writing given to the employer,
    (c)a question as to the employee’s right to, or the amount of, the payment has been referred to an [F1employment tribunal], or
    (d)a complaint relating to his dismissal has been presented by the employee under section 111.
    (2)An employee is not deprived of his right to a redundancy payment by subsection (1) if, during the period of six months immediately following the period mentioned in that subsection, the employee—
    (a)makes a claim for the payment by notice in writing given to the employer,
    (b)refers to an [F1employment tribunal] a question as to his right to, or the amount of, the payment, or
    (c)presents a complaint relating to his dismissal under section 111,
    and it appears to the tribunal to be just and equitable that the employee should receive a redundancy payment.
    (3)In determining under subsection (2) whether it is just and equitable that an employee should receive a redundancy payment an [F1employment tribunal] shall have regard to—
    (a)the reason shown by the employee for his failure to take any such step as is referred to in subsection (2) within the period mentioned in subsection (1), and
    (b)all the other relevant circumstances.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X