• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Didn't think private parking guys worked early on a Sunday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Didn't think private parking guys worked early on a Sunday...

Well first letter received.
    They are not amused that I have ignored their ticket and now want the full value of £60...
    They also want to know who the driver was, if not me (the keeper).
    Finally if I don't appeal within 14 days they will add a further £15 admin fee.

They also include a few extra pages with appeal and payment details.

Duly filed for later use

Comment

same old
      same old

they have absolutely no statutory authority to ask those questions and you have absolutely not statutory obligation to give it but you allready know that

Comment

Just let them hang themselves, CB. There's plenty of legislation I could throw at them that would cause their underwear to change colour very quickly.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Well burger me if I haven't gone and got another...

That'll learn me for not pay attention in Asda's carpark.
          I mistakenly parked in a disabled bay, rather than the parent/child bays nearby.
          SO more new friends in the shape of TCP wanting 70 notes or 40 is paid within 14 days.

I hope they can whistle as they aren't getting dixie

Comment

Curlyben the rest of us collect beer mats easier less hassle and we dont have to drive far to get them seems like youll get a full set of PCNs before i get a full set of mats
            Im laughing my head off here please keep posting details of these so called charges makes interesting reading only problem i have is every carpark i go in i have to read the noticesiam a car pak addict better than the sun newspaper for bo----ks
            LOL i am

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post

I mistakenly parked in a disabled bay, rather than the parent/child bays nearby.
              SO more new friends in the shape of TCP wanting 70 notes or 40 is paid within 14 days.

Morrisons use TCP. The store near to where I live has a TCP muppet who looks remarkably like a garden gnome and has been nicknamed "Nobby the Gnome" as a result. I've been reliably informed he goes round telling motorists they'll be taken to court if they don't pay. I'm just waiting for him to say that within my earshot.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Aren't I lucky another love letter from BPA.

Details of the "offence" first followed by the following, exactly as written.
                All dated 28th August 2012.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE
                Payment of £75.00 is now due, this includes the additional late payment fee of £15.00 outlined in the Notice to Owner letter sent on 31 July 2012

Despite a previous reminder, the Parking Charge Notice remains unpaid. If payment is not received within 14 days of this letter date we will proceed with Court Action, at this point there will be further administrative fees of £120.00 as well as court fees.

If you are not the driver of this vehicle on the date of the incident, please either forward this notice to the driver or contact us with the drivers details.

Please see attached for details of how to pay and what to do if you want to appeal the Parking Charge Notice. Parking Charge appeals will only be accepted in written form, either by post or email
                There's a further 3 pages detailing how to pay, 2 sheets, and the appeals process.

Onto the pile this goes and lets see what happens in 14 days

Comment

Finally, after 6 weeks I get the first of the Treat-O-Grams from this shower.

While they do give the fine and vehicle details they completely fail to make any reference to the alleged contravention..
                  This is certainly the worst demand letter I have seen from any PPC.

Well into the file it goes for later enjoyment

Comment

Curly,
                    Forgive me, I've not been around much recently so haven't read the who thread, but I got one of these some months ago. 6 weeks was about the time it took for my first missive. I have collected 3 to date, the last of which would have scared many not in the know. Since that one I've heard nothing and am now completing the article for my local paper which will include copies of the letters. Perhaps your paper would be interested?

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have a good relationship with my local rag...

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have a good relationship with my local rag...
                        but i know a man who does
                        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by Final Reminder Prior To Commencement Of Court Action
                          PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE
                          Payment of £75.00 is now due, this includes the additional late payment fee of £15.00 outlined in the Notice to Owner letter sent on 31 July 2012

Despite a previous reminder, the Parking Charge Notice remains unpaid. If payment is not received within 14 days of this letter date we will proceed with Court Action, at this point there will be further administrative fees of £120.00 as well as court fees.

If you are not the driver of this vehicle on the date of the incident, please either forward this notice to the driver or contact us with the drivers details.

Please see attached for details of how to pay and what to do if you want to appeal the Parking Charge Notice. Parking Charge appeals will only be accepted in written form, either by post or email
                          So today received TWO of the same letters I got at the end of Aug, but with a new scary (or not) heading

More for the file..

Comment

We have Europarks at our local Sainsburys,,,never a more neanderthal scruffy oik did you ever wish to see. Every time we go to the car park my OH drives very slowly before pulling into a blue badge holders space,he gets out,,and every time ,without fail,Yetiman (as we affectionately name him),starts meandering towards our car,I wait till he is within punching distance before putting my badge up,,his little face drops every time. Either he doesn't recognise my car,,,,,,or he is living in hope that one day I might forget.......he will be a very brave Yetiman if he ever touches my car

Comment

And what would happen if he actually got to your car.

Per company procedure: Slap a ticket on your car with super extra strength adhesive demanding a huge sum of cash otherwise legal action will ensue.
                              Reality: He asks nicely for you to move your car to a more appropriate area

Now I wonder which he'd choose ??

Comment

I know he would love to slap his postit note on the windscreen,and before I came on this site, that would have scared me bandy and I would have paid it................now he can bring it on but I don't think he is brave enough

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X