• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: probate

Bluebottle thanks again tommorow is dday its either bankstatements and the truth or call to the police expecting more lies but at least we may have stopped the sisters harrassment the first thing the wife will do when they meet up is hug her a tearful reunion i expect having come from a loving family i cant come to terms with all this

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      My wifes mother who she has not had contact with for years has just died leaving no will one of her brothers is dealing with things and is going for probate he seems to think that what is there will be his if he swears an affadavit with a solicitor saying her mother wanted to leave some of the family out of proceeds of the estate.When my wife said to him that the estate would be divided equally and asked for the solicitors name to give him all the family dtails he as good as said no what can we do to make sure he doesnt omit some of the family from the probate forms.
      He's not entitled to any of his sister's estate - and it doesn't matter how vehemently he might swear or what profanities he might utter, he cannot change the intestacy rules - link 1, link 2

Read the HM Courts Service guide here

Comment

thanks again my sister in law is not married to the brother its the wifes sister she is vulnerable and has had grief from another brother over the years that no person shoul;d go through the truth cannot be told she was not allowed to contact us for years and only traced my wife through her daughter of her own back we are so sickened by what happenned its hurting all we can hope is sorting his actions is taken out of our hands and we can get back with her sister and family who we have not seen for over 20 years her daughter is so upset she has never known this side of her aunts family this will changeBluebottle i cannot thankyou enough for you advice
        To recap - aunts and uncles are not eligible for anything more than an optional invitation to the traditional boiled ham tea.

Comment

SORRY
          I might have got everyone confused on this thread The deceased is the wifes mother the person giving all the grief is one of her brothers we suspect he has been helpi himself to the deceaseds money the her sister and her family are the ones being threatened no aunts or uncles we were o meet with the brother wednesday to start the probate process of and get the bank statements etc. but as we were told he wants to destroy paperwork we are suprising him today he seems to think that by telling us she said this and that he can act in the way he is looks likely the police will be involved >All this and she is not buried yet?

Comment

SORRY
            I might have got everyone confused on this thread The deceased is the wifes mother the person giving all the grief is one of her brothers we suspect he has been helpi himself to the deceaseds money the her sister and her family are the ones being threatened no aunts or uncles we were o meet with the brother wednesday to start the probate process of and get the bank statements etc. but as we were told he wants to destroy paperwork we are suprising him today he seems to think that by telling us she said this and that he can act in the way he is looks likely the police will be involved >All this and she is not buried yet?
            Just remember that the cost of your mother-in-law's funeral is a chargeable debt to her estate. It might be best to get the police involved asap before your brother-in-law spends what money your mother-in-law's estate still has left. I hate to say this, but I feel your brother-in-law deserves what is probably coming to him.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Found out today funeral was paid for when she was alive have informed bank and have statement that shows he took £300 out of her account AFTER she died we have both times and this is verified advice needed as to what to do now waiting to go through statements to check

Comment

That's a relief. I had the awful thought of you and your wife having to pay for it.

Okay. Regarding the money your brother-in-law has taken out of your mother-in-law's account, following her death. You have sufficient evidence to warrant going to the police and making a complaint on the two transactions alone. If the bank has now blocked the card, he should not be able to draw any further cash. Making a complaint entails attending a police station and making a written statement, known as a Statement of Complaint, which provides the police with the necessary authority to take action. It would be best if you and your wife went to the police station together. Your wife will probably need all the emotional support she can get. Just being there will help her to deal with what it is, in essence, her shopping a member of her family to the police.

Having followed your thread from an early stage, I can see what it is doing and has done to your wife's family. It takes supreme strength of spirit to weather what you and your wife are going through.

Check the statements to see if your brother-in-law has taken any further cash since your mother-in-law's death and then go to the police. I would suggest this is done as soon as possible. If the police can catch your brother-in-law still in possession of the card, they will have him bang to rights.

Comment

Tell the bank, who will probably tell the plods.

Let the bank take the blame and thus give yourselves plausible deniability.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    Tell the bank, who will probably tell the plods.

Let the bank take the blame and thus give yourselves plausible deniability.
                    The bank will have to provide a Witness Statement to the police to confirm the money has been withdrawn. That should be interesting. They normally wriggle like hell when you approach them, brandishing a police warrant card, consent form and Witness Statement Forms.

Comment

advice taken bluebottle looking at all the statements when we get them looks like police we be spoken to after funeral hes not said a dickie bird when we were clearing her accomodation but when we are out of the way he has been harrassing the other sister and her children who have now had his number barred frafter not seing this idiot in 13 yearsom their phones he has told them he took the money that we already know about after being told of her death her rings are missing but we know the care home where she died has records we will contact them shortly all we are doing at the moment is getting the funeral out of the way this looks like being a farce he still asking us for bits of money and been told where to go good job with been through so much together we cah laugh our way through this crap after not seeing this idiot in 13 years 1 week of him is enough will post more as things go on

Comment

advice taken bluebottle looking at all the statements when we get them looks like police we be spoken to after funeral hes not said a dickie bird when we were clearing her accomodation but when we are out of the way he has been harrassing the other sister and her children who have now had his number barred frafter not seing this idiot in 13 yearsom their phones he has told them he took the money that we already know about after being told of her death her rings are missing but we know the care home where she died has records we will contact them shortly all we are doing at the moment is getting the funeral out of the way this looks like being a farce he still asking us for bits of money and been told where to go good job with been through so much together we cah laugh our way through this crap after not seeing this idiot in 13 years 1 week of him is enough will post more as things go on
                        Thanks for that. Hope the funeral goes okay.

Comment

her rings are missing but we know the care home where she died has records
                          What about her gold fillings?

Does your brother-in-law have a pair of pliers?

Comment

If she had gold fillings he would find the pliers beleive me

Comment

Perhaps you should tell him - but just an hour or so before the funeral.

Comment

Cleverclogs he is so thick he would do it during the service at the crematorium hoping everyone is engrossed with the vicars speech nothing now would suprise me if only i could tell on here about the family my wife swears she was swapped at birth LOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X