• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !! Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court judgment 26/03/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court hearing 28th January 2014

He's got this

Comment

Yes!

Comment

He wins, he wins!!!

Comment

Oh Richard, I am soooooo happy for you (and us)

Comment

Comment

wel well

Comment

Sorry, did he not get the £220k then?

Confused

Comment

wooooooopppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Judgment http://supremecourt.uk/news/latest-judgments.html

Comment

He got £8K - helps us but could be a disaster for Richard

Confused.

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post

Confused
                        NO.He didn't.

Comment

SC Press Release.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Durkin (Appellant) v DSG Retail Ltd and another (Respondents)
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Confused
                              Nope.................Only £8000 damage to credit status by wrongful default.............no mention of costs though.

I would imagine he can claim interest on the £8000 to date ......or is that wishful thinking.
                              BUt one thing we do have a level of damges for a wrongful default.

Sparkie

Comment

No, only the 8k, however an important principle there that the banks have a duty of care to take reasonable steps to ensure that the agreement is enforceable before they issue a default on a credit file. If they breach that duty of care then they are liable in damages.

You really need to look beyond the money sums here, Richards quantum will not be the same as someone elses, it will be a case by case matter, the damages will depend on the loss, if you can show the losses are not too remote then you will still be able to press for them.

In Richards case it was the fact that the Appeal Court altered the fact findings that meant the Supreme Court couldn't deal with the other heads of damage, that doesnt mean that the next case, properly set up, will not win on the additional heads of damage

Confused
                                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X