• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

''Moderation'' on this site..... any thoughts ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ''Moderation'' on this site..... any thoughts ?

Now we're all getting settled in.....we're introducing an idea for moderation (for want of a better word), and your opinions are welcome - its not set in stone.

Having seen how things work on other sites, we have spoken to a number of previously 'moderated' users about their experiences of this. We have all agreed that the main problem is the lack of communication. When we cannot see the face - or hear the voice - of the person we are dealing with, the written word sometimes comes across with a completely different meaning to that intended.

To this end we have introduced a private forum, to which you can request access in order to discuss a particular issue or problem with the team, which you can't resolve one on one. Alternatively, a team member may invite you to access this forum if we would like to discuss anything with you on this basis.

If we invite you to join this forum, others won't be aware, and anything discussed within it will remain confidential.

It won't necessarily mean there's a problem, but if we notice anyone is unhappy or has any issues not being resolved on the forum, we believe it will help. The idea will be to prevent a concern from becoming a problem, or if it has become one, to try and resolve it.

If the issue continues, and is adversely affecting the rest of the forum, then we may have to moderate posts on the main forum, but access to the private forum will remain available.

We are all mature and adult enough to to be able to reconcile any issues between each other and unlike elsewhere , we would like your input on this . After all it is you as members that make the site what it is so any reasonable input will be carefully considered and drawn upon.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

at the risk of being called an ass kisser, I think that this is a good idea, much better to be able to air your greivances in private, rather than dragging the whole site through it.

It's also a great idea to be able to discuss problems, then your fate is in your own hands, so to speak, rather than putting a foot wrong, then BANG! Straight on moderation without an explanation or anything.

Great Idea, nothing else to be said.

Good name for the private forum? The Dog House? LOL..

Matt

Comment

I like the name Matt. That sounds good or the Dog Pound

Comment

Well to me that sounds like you're in trouble, and you're not necessarily.

I thought The Kennels ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

i think in the dog house, i could think of more but cant say lol

mistie

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

I thought The Kennels ?
            Rubbish

Put a poll on the site and let the members decide!

Matt

Comment

lol turnip head will do

actually can you do it - I cant work out how to...pmsl

The Kennels
              The Dog House
              Chill out room

and whatever else you think
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I really think the dog house is a cool idea deffo!!The entire idea is brilliant in fact!!

Comment

Just a though as we are on a doggie theme,

1st offence if not serious- the dog basket.
                  2nd or if more serions, kennel.
                  3rd or very serious-outside (booted)

It works for my dog.

bestest wishes,
                  Hod, Liam......
                  Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    at the risk of being called an ass kisser, I think that this is a good idea,
                    Ass kisser.......

PMSL

MAD
                    Pearls of Wisdom.

Be true to yourself and be strong.
                    Be happy with whatever life has dealt you.
                    You can never have too many friends... or too many shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      If we invite you to join this forum, others won't be aware, and anything discussed within it will remain confidential.
                      Requesting permission to be put in the dog house please

Meanwhile... at a cinema near you this summer... [cue trailer]

Uncle Bob: "Hey, BillyBob... isn't that Lassie running over the hill back this way"

[sound of distant barking and collie running full pelt towards camera]

Billy Bob: "Sure is, Uncle Bob"

[Lassie approaches and starts turning barking back at Bill and Bob]

Uncle Bob: "I thinks she's tryin' to tell us summit, Billy Bob"

Billy Bob: "I guess yer right, Uncle Bob"

Uncle Bob: "What's that Lassie? What yer tryin' to tell us gal"

[More barking and whining from said collie]

Uncle Bob: "Whassat Lassie?... Tell us Lassie....I see...Surly Bonds has been dropped down the mineshaft by the Moderator Gang... golly gosh.. and he's been in a fight with Mr Jones from the local credit union!... oh no...and the local bank's been charging customers for withdrawals...oh no...
                      "I guess we better go drag him out before sunset.. come on Billy Bob... bring some rope ....quickly!... come on Lassie...show us where gal!"

[Uncle Bob and young Billy race off after the clever collie...]

Narrator: "Just how is it that most Americans can speak and understand 'collie'? Will they get to the mineshaft in time?... Just what DID Surly Bonds say to get himself thrown down the mineshaft? And just why did that roll of rope have a noose on one end?
                      "If you only see one film this summer, watch Shrek the Third"
                      Copy of Law book from Amazon..£19.95, Refund Request stamp..32p, LBA stamp..also 32p, Court fees..£750.00,
                      The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: My views are based on a post-grad law degree and a relative who's a QC and supports the aims of those who wish to address imbalances in Law. But, I accept no liability for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any of my advice - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured solicitor.

Comment

The more I dwell on this the more I like the fact that people won't just be 'shut up' forcibly by hiding behind a private message system...which then led to outbursts in public...which would then generate an even bigger stir than whatever the original problem was.

A very sensible system Amethyst, its also nice to see the members being asked to contribute to how the moderation system will be set up.

Every day I spend over here, I feel a reduction in the tension and unease that I previously experienced on other forums.

Well done you guys.

ps. Surly...have you seen Shrek 3 yet?? Its not out yet is it?? I loved the first two!
                        btw. went and saw Pirates of the Carribean 3 at the weekend. Do NOT see this film unless you are highly intoxicated on household cleaning products. Any attempt to view whilst 'straight' will lead to severe long term psychological distress.
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi all, I think the Dog pound is a great idea.

Comment

i like this idea loads

and i like the name The Pound that deller suggested doesnt sound so serious more friendly

hugs xxx
                            Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post

ps. Surly...have you seen Shrek 3 yet?? Its not out yet is it?? I loved the first two!
                              btw. went and saw Pirates of the Carribean 3 at the weekend. Do NOT see this film unless you are highly intoxicated on household cleaning products. Any attempt to view whilst 'straight' will lead to severe long term psychological distress.
                              Yes, took the chidlings to see it on Saturday... some very surreal moments for sure.. fantastic effects....story?..well erm...okay'ish, 'cept my daughter bawled her eyes out that Will Turner.... [Moderated - no spoilers please]

Copy of Law book from Amazon..£19.95, Refund Request stamp..32p, LBA stamp..also 32p, Court fees..£750.00,
                              The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: My views are based on a post-grad law degree and a relative who's a QC and supports the aims of those who wish to address imbalances in Law. But, I accept no liability for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any of my advice - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured solicitor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X