• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robinson way-advice appreciated.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson way-advice appreciated.

Hi all, my first post here and am looking for some guidance with Robinson Way.

I took out a credit card a long time ago with lloyds tsb when young, fell out of work and 1 thing led to another. Rob way have been on my case sending letters demanding payment and I ignored all until I decided to send a prove it letter about4 weeks ago. Today they have sent me a photo copy of the agreement dated Dec 2004 and amount due is £2700 and need to make contact within 10 days.

Also on my credit agreement( the photo copy) there is an x marked on the PPI box something I never do and all the other fields are not my writing, but it is signed by myself at the end.

Basically advice with what I should now do with regards to rob way and what if any options I have.

Thanks ( misold ppi customer).
    Tags: None

Re: Robinson way-advice appreciated.

Robbers Way tend to deal in Statute Barred debts, so I wouldn't do anything at the moment. Just wait and see what, if anything they do next.

What was the default date for the account? When did you stop paying? Did a clear 6 year period pass without you acknowledging the debt in writing or making any payment to it?

Comment

I'm not sure on the default date and last payment. Should I send SAR to get these details or wait to hear back although I can't imagine it going away.

Comment

Let others have a voice, but I would still say wait and see what happens.

Do you think there was a clear 6 year period where you neither acknowledged the debt in writing or made a payment towards it?

Comment

HI

Yes i would let them get back to you, if they do i would tell them that the debt is statute barred, it would be up to them to show that it isn't.

Did you pay any PPI on this account? There is nothing stopping you from reclaiming, if you have only just found out about it(section 32), mind you if you got a rebate they would just knock it off the balance.

D

Comment

I'm not sure about the 6 year period. Certain of no written acknowledgement to them but not certain if i made any payments after 1.5 yrs that would run into the 6 until present and suppose only they know this.

I shall hold tight then and leave any ppi claim as don't want to start something and make matters worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott View Post
              I'm not sure about the 6 year period. Certain of no written acknowledgement to them but not certain if i made any payments after 1.5 yrs that would run into the 6 until present and suppose only they know this.

I shall hold tight then and leave any ppi claim as don't want to start something and make matters worse.
              HI
              Yes probably best, but it is a card you can play should the SB not pan out.

It may be that with compound interest the amount they owe you would make a large dent in your debt anyway.

D

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X