• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Westcot / Rockwell/ Arrow Global help plse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westcot / Rockwell/ Arrow Global help plse

Thankyou thats great advice. I have checked my husbands credit file , but not mine, and mine will show this Arrow / Westcot situation.
    Thanks again.....I'm sure I will be back !

Comment

Originally posted by JammyDodger41 View Post
      Thankyou thats great advice. I have checked my husbands credit file , but not mine, and mine will show this Arrow / Westcot situation.
      From what I've seen here and on other sites, Arrow will have bought the debt from MBNA and will be using Wescot as collection agents, that's been happening a lot lately. Wescot are probably the most incompetent DCA around despite all their 'scary', bright red letters (got quite a few myself!). :grin: Although Wescot also buy debts, they act mostly as collectors, whilst Arrow are debt purchasers rather than collectors.

Arrow are trigger-happy so keep an eye out for any future communications from them or on their behalf but, as long as they keep quiet, it's best if you do the same.:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by JammyDodger41 View Post
        JD
        There are formulas to how these different DCAs work and the advantage of the consumer advice forums is that there are people who have experience and knowledge of how they work. Always check before making contact or agreeing anything.

The common denominators are that they are interested in easy money and they will use any level of deceit and threat to get it. Where a DCA is only acting as a collecting agent they usually back off when they realise you can't be intimidated, know your rights, and won't give them an easy ride. Obviously it's a different game if they have actually bought a debt, but remember that they buy up old written-off debts for around 5% of the total. They always try to get 100% from you, but in practice you can usually get a much better settlement deal if they own it, providing you drive a hard bargain and make it clear that they will have a hard time with you unless they settle favourably.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          From what I've seen here and on other sites, Arrow will have bought the debt from MBNA and will be using Wescot as collection agents, that's been happening a lot lately. Wescot are probably the most incompetent DCA around despite all their 'scary', bright red letters (got quite a few myself!). :grin: Although Wescot also buy debts, they act mostly as collectors, whilst Arrow are debt purchasers rather than collectors.

Arrow are trigger-happy so keep an eye out for any future communications from them or on their behalf but, as long as they keep quiet, it's best if you do the same.:thumb:
          That's some claim Parrot!

Moorcroft go straight in with letters from their 'Pre-Litigation Dept' and the Manchester muppets don't take a hint too easily when you ignore their calls for months.

Past Due Credit are still threatening me with court action over an account I settled with them a year ago.

Perhaps my favourite is Cabot, who famously sent someone a fabricated Notice of Assignment on the bank's headed paper but with the signature details from a different bank.

This was another Cabot classic and you can imagine the fun we had putting this letter together after they sent a letter of condolence fishing for money. They never did respond :tea:

http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk...nce-from-Cabot

Comment

Kafta, could not view your link have to register apparently.
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Sorry - I thought you could view as a guest. Free to register anyway.

Comment

Could you give us a short version, got enough to cope with with legal beagles!

Comment

There is an amusing thread running at PAG where Cabot sent the following letter to a member who's husband died 5 years ago.

Out of the blue a letter arrived in todays post addressed to The xxxxxxx Family. The envelope was pre-printed private & confidential

It was from CABOT and reads as follows: -

Dear Sir/Madam

Condolences

We regret to note the death of Mr xxxxxx and wish to express our Company's condolences

Whilst we appreciate that there will be a number of issues to address at this time we would be grateful if you could pass this letter to those who are dealing with the administration of the estate. Alternatively please provide us with their details.

In the meantime please could you send a copy of the death certificate using the enclosed pre-paid envelope so that we update our records.

Contacting Cabot
                  If you have any queries please call one of our helpful customer advisors on XXX

Thank you for your help at this difficult time.

Talk about a fishing expedition, considering that my husband died just over 5 years ago, and I dont ever recollect any correspondence being sent to him by CABOT prior to his death, I can only imagine that this refers to a statute barred account that had been passed to Lowell (Lowell confirmed in writing that they wouldnt pursue further) so they probably sold it on to Cabot.

After some hilarious banter on thread, the member sent the following letter back to Cabot today.

The Cabot Family

The xxxxxxx Family would like to thank you for your letter of sympathy.

The xxxxxxx family note your request for a copy death certificate. It may help if you could provide the full name of the person you assert has died, and the date of their demise, together with the origin of your assertions.

Whilst the xxxxxxx family is under no obligation to send you an actual photocopy of any death certificate, the family will be happy to send you a reconstituted true version of the death certificate that contains the key parts of the original. Please be advised the true copy is not an actual copy and there may be some information omitted.

The xxxxxxx family consider this is part of a package of services that they currently offer, and as such there is a £38 fee for sending this letter.

The xxxxxxx family would like to make you aware that in order to avoid a late payment charge your remittance is required along with your response.

Yours

Comment

LOL, No wonder they did not reply!
                    Only asked as I did have one that was sold to Cabot, after much letter tennis I got a letter from the OC saying that the account was now closed and I got the PPI !
                    This still did not stop them and I complained to FOS!
                    Again the paper work they sent could have been for any one and the FOS could not act as it was pre 2005.
                    Again it did not stop them and had further demands in September last year.
                    Used one of the templates off this site and as yet nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                      LOL, No wonder they did not reply!
                      Only asked as I did have one that was sold to Cabot, after much letter tennis I got a letter from the OC saying that the account was now closed and I got the PPI !
                      This still did not stop them and I complained to FOS!
                      Again the paper work they sent could have been for any one and the FOS could not act as it was pre 2005.
                      Again it did not stop them and had further demands in September last year.
                      Used one of the templates off this site and as yet nothing else.
                      What was pre-2005 and what's the significance of this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                        The Cabot Family

The xxxxxxx Family would like to thank you for your letter of sympathy.

The xxxxxxx family note your request for a copy death certificate. It may help if you could provide the full name of the person you assert has died, and the date of their demise, together with the origin of your assertions.

Whilst the xxxxxxx family is under no obligation to send you an actual photocopy of any death certificate, the family will be happy to send you a reconstituted true version of the death certificate that contains the key parts of the original. Please be advised the true copy is not an actual copy and there may be some information omitted.

The xxxxxxx family consider this is part of a package of services that they currently offer, and as such there is a £38 fee for sending this letter.

The xxxxxxx family would like to make you aware that in order to avoid a late payment charge your remittance is required along with your response.

Yours
                        LOVE IT! :flypig: A taste of their own medicine! :spit:
                        :bounce::bounce::bounce:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                          What was pre-2005 and what's the significance of this year?
                          As far I can tell something to do with regulation, hope some one can explain further.

Comment

Was it because 2005 was 6 years previously and therefore the Limitation threshold?

As I recall, the FOS won't go back more than 6 years even if you have arguments for concealment that allow you to do that through the courts.

Comment

Was it because 2005 was 6 years previously and therefore the Limitation threshold?

As I recall, the FOS won't go back more than 6 years even if you have arguments for concealment that allow you to do that through the courts.
                              I think so, I know that that is the case now with Welcome.

Comment

6 years after what? does it relate to account termination or account inception? I thought you had 6 years after you became aware that the insurance had been mis-sold!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X