• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Westcot / Rockwell/ Arrow Global help plse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westcot / Rockwell/ Arrow Global help plse

Hi there,

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong place. If anyone could give me any advise with my situation it would be much appreciated.

I am currently on a DMP with CashFlow which has been working well. An MBNA debt was passed to Arrow Global in January 2012 who have requested I make the agreed payments to Westcot, supplying me with their bank details and a reference number. I have being doing this each month since February for £36.00 . At the end of May I received a letter from Rockwell advising that due to nonpayment Arrow Global had passed my Account to them ( Rockwell) and asked me to contact them. The outstanding balance on the letter from Rockwell was incorrect also. I called Westcot and spoke with them, as the letter stated it had been passed onto Rockwell due to non payment. Westcot are denying receiving any payments from me with the exception of one amount of £36 in February. In the meantime Rockwell keep phoning so I have spoken with them explaining that I wasnt prepared to make payments to them when I had'nt been advised by Westcot or Arrow Global that the account had been passed on and also that I was in dispute with Westcot as to the payments made to them. Rockwell have given me until the 26th June to get things sorted with Westcot and then begin to make payments to them (Rockwell). They have also in the meantime requested a copy of the Cashflow statement and details of all of the disputed payments made to Westcot. I havent done this .

I have just spoken with my bank who confirmed that all paymetns were made and received by WEstcot and they are sending me proof of such. I have also written a letter explaining as such again to Westcot and asking that they send me something in writing confirming that they have no further interest in the Account before I begin making payments to Rockwell and also that they investigate the payments made to them and amend the outstanding Balance. I have not printed or posted this letter as yet ,as I thought it was best to post on here and see if others are in agreement if this is the correct way to handle this. I havent made a June payment to anyone as yet.

I am intending sending a copy of the Westcot letter to Arrow Global as well. I am confused as to whether MBNA has sold the debt onto Arrow Global and they are asking WEstcot / Rockwell to collect from me. Who actually owns my debt now?

Any advise at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.
    Tags: None

Re: Westcot / Rockwell/ Arrow Global help plse

Can I jsut bump this please if you dont mind ?

Has anyone any advise that they may be able to offer here please ?

Comment

I think its up to Rockwell to prove to you they can collect and not the other way around
      Had all of this and still on going with CAP 1 3 DCA asking for payment at the same time now its back with the Cap 1 after about 18 months of doing the rounds
      and its still up in the air
      I think we worry too much I know I do as all my other debts with Cashflow dont cause me any problems

Comment

Thankyou Winner for replying, I do appreciate it. So do you think that I should continue to pay Westcot for now and sort out the dispute with payments and then send a prove it letter to Rockwell maybe ? I am unsure as to where Arrow Global even come into this.I am so confused.

My main reason for worrying is that I dont want three companies all trying to claim a slice of the pie as it were !

Thankyou.

Comment

If the account was agreed with Westcot, you should continue to pay Westcot. I would be inclined in your letter to state that you can prove from your bank that payments have been made to and received byWestcot. Would they please send you a statement of account (a) to confirm in writing that no payments have been received, and (b) to establish the correct balance.

Rockwell have no right to demand anything from you. They need to prove their entitlement to collect the debt, and then you can negotiate a DMP with them. The whole point of Cashflow is that it puts you in charge of your own DMP, so don't be bullied. At the end of the day, any DMP arrangement can be cancelled at any time by either side anyway,so it is more a semi-formal gentleman's agreement than something which is cast in stone.

I would also write to Rockwell advising that you are establishing the exact situation with Westcot at present, so will not be dealing with them, unless they can send you clear proof of their entitlement to be collecting this debt, in which case the balance is disputed anyway, so you cannot do anything until that has been resolved.

Comment

Hi Jammy
            Arrow are the main DCA Wescot collect on their behalf or whats known as the next down
            My MBNA account is with them too so just pay wescot as usual

Comment

I'd still do as in post 5 just to cover your back.

Comment

Hi Jammy
                To confuse us is there best option I still get totally confused its a mine field
                Labman is a stalwart(hope you dont mind Labman) he always helps me out good luck

Comment

Labman has come to my rescue many a time and I can honestly hand on heart say, that I have no idea where on earth I would be right now with this whole minefield ,if it wasnt for him.

I will be back with updates if that ok.

Comment

I have posted a letter to Westcot and also paid them the £36.00 for this month. Should I send Rockwell a template Prove It letter at this point or just a standard pleasant further to our conversation blah blah blah letter. ie we wont pay you until we establish your right to collect the debt and also that the balance is in dispute with Westcot , which I have already told them on the phone but wanted to follow up in writing? Thankyou

Comment

I'd reply as per last paragraph of post 5.

Comment

Great all done. Letters went off to both of them yesterday. Thankyou again .

Comment

Quick Update

Rockwell have responded to letters mentioned above to say that they have put the Account on hold whilst they also get in touch with Westcott re the disputed balance. In the meantime Westcott have failed to respond or even acknowledge my letter so far .

Comment

Ok back again. This is still ongoing. I have made June and July payments to Westcot at the agreed amounts of £36.00. They have still not responded to my letter of the 15th June or the follow up letter. In the meantime Rockwell sent a letter which I received yesterday the contents of which read "We have referred this case to our client for their advices but would ask that you supply us with any proof of your balance query so that we may investigate further "

Could you please advise me on this ? I dont feel that I should be having to provide Rockwell with anything . I have received nothing in writing from Arrow Global nor Westcot stating that the Account has been passed onto Rockwell and the dispute re the balance with Westcot remains. Could someone please advise how they think I should respond to Rockwell with regards to their letter please ? Many Thanks.

Comment

Arkell v Pressdram springs to mind.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X