• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax PPI Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax PPI Claim

Just a quick question, do I send the completed questionnaire to the address of my local branch that appears on all the paperwork and statements or to the Customer Relations, PO Box 548 or PO Box 761? Thanks.

Comment

LOL - unless Turbo and I can agree on (a) or (b), it looks like you have to pick one for yourself, based on our humble submissions - or just go for (c) "Don't know."

It's not a crucial question, so no need to worry too much, IMHO.

PO Box 548 is the one they suggest here, Bigsis. That's where I would send mine:-

http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/cont...ain-about-ppi/

Comment

Bill--I totally agree with you in retrospect---a) is the item to select

I was getting hung up on the word PAY and thinking that a "one off single premium paid-up front " was just that-ie money changed hands out of bank account---of course-if someone is taking a loan then they haven't got the cash to pay another 20%-ish upfront there and then anyway

I think the question could have been worded better---but the FOS are (standing back and thinking generally) wanting to know if it was a typical PPI SPI cf with a monthly credit card payment

Sooooooooo-----well done you Grumpy Sod------you've converted me--lol (Bigis---the abuse between us btw is par for the course in here)

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
        (b) would be the answer for a credit card account, but for a front-loaded loan, it is paid "with a one-off single premium paid upfront." This payment is financed by the PPI loan. It is loan repayments that are made each month, not premium payments.

After 5 years, or whenever the PPI policy expires, and cover ceases - the loan repayments continue. This is because they are loan repayments and not premium payments. That's my take on it, anyway.

Comment

LOL @ Turbo. We agree ? !!! I think you need to check you've been taking your meds !!! So - there you go, finally then, Bigsis - consensus (whatever that is !!!)

And yes - I agree mate - that question should be worded more clearly.

Comment

UPDATE - got confirmation letter 14th June and today came home to 2 letters from Halifax. One dated 3rd August offering £4,242.24 and one undated letter with a cheque for same amount, so pleased over the moon, god knows what I'd be like if I won the lottery lol!

After telling 3 of my work colleagues I was reclaiming PPI, one was about to go through a claims company, I told her do it yourself and I'll help you. So brought them in questionaires and told them what to do, quoting all your advice. Last week one got £450, another got £1700 and the third got £6500. I was a bit miffed after helping them I'd heard nothing, so it was great coming home to this today.

So between the 4 of us we've got back just under £13,000 thanks to you wonderful guys. Many thanks to Bill-K, Turboman and Di30.

Got to sort out some more now lol

Bigsis xxx

Comment

Bigis

So so pleased for you and your friends---see---it can be done--this forum is better than a 100 CMC's

Comment

Well done, BigSis, and congrats to you. And well done, too, for passing on what you've learned to your workmates. Your patience was finally rewarded !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis View Post
                  UPDATE - got confirmation letter 14th June and today came home to 2 letters from Halifax. One dated 3rd August offering £4,242.24 and one undated letter with a cheque for same amount, so pleased over the moon, god knows what I'd be like if I won the lottery lol!

After telling 3 of my work colleagues I was reclaiming PPI, one was about to go through a claims company, I told her do it yourself and I'll help you. So brought them in questionaires and told them what to do, quoting all your advice. Last week one got £450, another got £1700 and the third got £6500. I was a bit miffed after helping them I'd heard nothing, so it was great coming home to this today.

So between the 4 of us we've got back just under £13,000 thanks to you wonderful guys. Many thanks to Bill-K, Turboman and Di30.

Got to sort out some more now lol

Bigsis xxx
                  Excellent news! Congratulations! Xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X