• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What can't AK do when it comes to joint accounts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can't AK do when it comes to joint accounts?

Hi Forum Members

I'm so glad I found a forum giving advice on Aktiv Kapital!

Would be grateful for any advice or suggestions members may have with my case.

Halifax sold an unsecured loan debt to AK and on my credit file (should I not pay up, which is very challenging at present being on JSA) it says the default will be removed in June 2015 which will be the 6th year

I am not proud of owing anyone money and I'm thinking of going self employed in order to pay all my debtors.

I have two questions:
    1) No CCJ has been entered so far. From June 2015, can AK register a CCJ? In effect chasing the debt for a potential 12years?
    2) If I'm named as the 2nd owner of a company or on a joint bank account, what can't AK do whilst pursuing the debt?

I've read that debt collecting agencies can place a third party debt order onto an account that allows them to take money owed directly from whoever has my money ie any bank or building society that is holding money in my name.

To build up some money to repay all my debts, I was thinking of protecting my income by going joint. It would be pointless though, I think, if attempting to gather some money to pay off existing debts completely, eat, pay essential bills and run a business, if AK can legally take what they claim is owed to them; prior to me paying them when I'm ready.

It may take me 3yrs and then again it may not, to be in a position to pay AK last - not first. (I say this because their bully boy tactics for the last 3 years, I feel, should not be rewarded with a fast first settlement)

I ask the 2nd question in particular because AK, after 3yrs of predictable daily bombardment, have gone very, very quiet eg no phone calls, no house visits, no letters nor a CCJ. I think they are waiting for my name to show up on the Land Register (renting at present) or Companies House or a significant amount of money enters my bank account (sole or joint) between now and June 2015 then demand full payment

Also I have never spoken to them (caller display and BT's 1471 feature are wonderful), never responded to any of their letters, never logged onto their website nor opened my front door to them
    when they attempted unannounced 'home visits' (live in a block of flats with communal intercom system)

Any pointers / specific forum previous posts on these two subjects for me to read is appreciated!

Thanks

Sue
    Tags: None

Re: What can't AK do when it comes to joint accounts?

Originally posted by SueMay12 View Post

Hi Forum Members

I'm so glad I found a forum giving advice on Aktiv Kapital!

Would be grateful for any advice or suggestions members may have with my case.

Halifax sold an unsecured loan debt to AK and on my credit file (should I not pay up, which is very challenging at present being on JSA) it says the default will be removed in June 2015 which will be the 6th year

I am not proud of owing anyone money and I'm thinking of going self employed in order to pay all my debtors.

I have two questions:
    1) No CCJ has been entered so far. From June 2015, can AK register a CCJ? In effect chasing the debt for a potential 12years?
    2) If I'm named as the 2nd owner of a company or on a joint bank account, what can't AK do whilst pursuing the debt?

I've read that debt collecting agencies can place a third party debt order onto an account that allows them to take money owed directly from whoever has my money ie any bank or building society that is holding money in my name.

To build up some money to repay all my debts, I was thinking of protecting my income by going joint. It would be pointless though, I think, if attempting to gather some money to pay off existing debts completely, eat, pay essential bills and run a business, if AK can legally take what they claim is owed to them; prior to me paying them when I'm ready.

It may take me 3yrs and then again it may not, to be in a position to pay AK last - not first. (I say this because their bully boy tactics for the last 3 years, I feel, should not be rewarded with a fast first settlement)

I ask the 2nd question in particular because AK, after 3yrs of predictable daily bombardment, have gone very, very quiet eg no phone calls, no house visits, no letters nor a CCJ. I think they are waiting for my name to show up on the Land Register (renting at present) or Companies House or a significant amount of money enters my bank account (sole or joint) between now and June 2015 then demand full payment

Also I have never spoken to them (caller display and BT's 1471 feature are wonderful), never responded to any of their letters, never logged onto their website nor opened my front door to them
    when they attempted unannounced 'home visits' (live in a block of flats with communal intercom system)

Any pointers / specific forum previous posts on these two subjects for me to read is appreciated!

Thanks

Sue
    Sue

This link might help if AK do come after you again but it might also explain why they havent for a while!!

Theyve had there nuckles rapped

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updat...ss/2010/122-10

QCK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X