• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unenforceable Loan Agreement Welcome/MKRR problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unenforceable Loan Agreement Welcome/MKRR problem

Hello everyone . I am new to this forum. I bought a car with finance from Welcome Finance in 2004. In 2006, when bid-ridden for 3 months with illness, I was told that if I returned the car (which was in excellent condition) and claimed on the PPI, I would still have to pay £4,000 cash AFTERWARDS (the PPI DID cover me). The purchase value was only £4,000 (excluding finance)! Late in the illness, I told them to take the car away as I couldn't make payments and was bed-ridden and couldn't even insure it - but they didn't. I wrote to them in 2006, following proper complaint procedures. However, they sent me nonsensical replies. The debt would have been erased from my credit file in December this year, but MKRR (Milton Keynes Rapid Recoveries) have re-registered it. I have told MKRR there was a PPI problem, but they've told me to go back to Welcome, who apparently can't write sensible letters. I want this 'debt' off my credit file, it being illegitimate. I would offer MKRR partial settlement but I'm on an extremely low income, paying £60 a week off debts. Please can anyone help? I think I did make a few small payments to MKRR but was unable to continue. I read elsewhere on the forum to do a 'Prove It' letter, but searched the forum and can't find an example. Not sure if it's appropriate for my circumstances - having made some payments already - ? Then I understand a CCA letter? I have no idea what this is, either. Many thanks.
    (Oh my God, just discovered I had problems posting this because, apparently, 'welcome' is an overly common tag word. LOL)
    Last edited by christianpassy; 21st May 2012, 19:57:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Hello from Christian - Welcome/MKRR problem

first question would be this

when was the last time you made a payment towards this account

Comment

Hello Christian and welcome to LB.

Sorry to hear you have been so ill.. hope you are on the road to recovery now.

Please find the link below to the sticky note dealing with a dca (debt collection agency). there is a prove it letter template in there

Also, how much of the car's finance did you pay off before asking for the car to be taken from you?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ing-with-DCA-s

Comment

Hello Scottie Dog - I just phoned MK Rapid Recoveries, and apparently the last payment was 26/10/10. Thankyou for your help.

Comment

did you get confirmation the PPI did cover your illness in writing
          have you had any statements to that effect

we know welcome to well and them being economical with the truth

an i am millatant, not scottie dog

Comment

Hello puffrose, and thankyou for the welcome
            I have been well since 2006 - thankyou. Apart from major dental problems, which are difficult to fix when I have debts.
            Thankyou for the link to the 'prove it' letters, although the debt is legitimate in the sense of providing account numbers and what have you. It's a breach of contract problem, really. In that sense, the debt isn't owed, but I haven't proven it - so are 'prove it' letters the right thing for me?
            As for how much I paid of the car's finance, are you only able to become ill at certain contractual points, in order for the debt to be paid off fully? and if so, shouldn't I have been informed of this? And to answer your question, about 2 years out of four, I suppose - although there were some arrears. I don't have the exact figures, I'm sorry.

Comment

when did you last make a payment hun?

Comment

WOOOPS! - hi miliitant! - what a great name - thanks for that
                The PPI covered me for illness (and self-employment), yes. It was written in the insurance document - which I don't still have
                (I spent hundreds of hours on this is 2006, to no avail, including diary-keeping, lawyer and more than one ombudsman. VERY costly. In the end, I threw it all away. Then the debt resurfaced on my credit file, despite my trying to pay MKRR off).

Comment

hi puffrose

it seems we are reading each others mind

ill let you carry on and i will jump in later if needed

Comment

Hi puffrose, apparently the last payment was 26/10/10. Thankyou for your help.

Comment

Thanks, miliitant, both of you are very much appreciated :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

right then

i can tell you PPI does not cover for self employment so the policy was missold and you can claim it back with interest

who was the policy with

direct group ??

Comment

*Sorry, I should mention, this was the last payment to MKRR - 26/10/10.

Comment

Miliitant, I went to the Citizen's Advice Bureau a couple of years back, convinced it hadn't covered me - and they found wording - and showed me - that it DID covered the self-employed. So why the £4,000? Either you're insured or you're not, surely?

Also, this is not merely a matter of reclaiming a few hundred quid in PPI payments. MKRR have "OVER £10,000" registered against me on my credit file - this was the total cost of the agreement for car and insurances I believe, over 4 years, minus - supposedly - about 2 years' worth of payments. The car's purchase value was only £4,000 originally.

Comment

i can tell you now

if you were self employed you would not have been covered on a ppi product supplied by welcome

thats why you still have the 4 grand debt
                              that along with prob paying 50 % of the debt by the time you did a voluntary termination

check back tomorow and i will post a letter on your thread to send to welcome and mkrr

lets get things moving shall we

what is the date of the default on your credit file from mkrr

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X