• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unenforceable Loan Agreement Welcome/MKRR problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from Christian - Welcome/MKRR problem

Hi miliitant - thanks for being keen to get it moving. I will co-operate fully with you.
    However, can I ask what you mean by: "that along with prob paying 50 % of the debt by the time you did a voluntary termination", please? It's probably something you're familiar with, but not me.
    I will check back tommorrow, I wholeheartedly look forward to it - and thankyou.
    Yes, let's get things moving, what a cloud to be under.
    I don't know how to answer your question on the date of the default on my file from MKRR without rejoining Experian at a cost of £14.99, which I daren't do today. It could take a week to afford it. Do you know a cheaper way? I'll try Noddle. They're a free service, but I've no idea if they hold the details. Back in a mo. Thanks

Comment

Hi miliitant, Noddle says:

"Date of default

19/12/2006"

Also, the name it's in is "Mkdp Llp".

I guess this is up in December this year?
      I thought at Experian it was re-registered later, like after I stopped making payments to MKRR in 2010. Now I'm not sure. I'll call Experian tommorrow, without joining again.

Comment

under the consumer credit act you have certain rights, you can terminate the agreement at any time

if you have paid 50 % at the point of doing a voluntary termination, you just hand the car back and owe nothing or you just owe any shortfall up to the 50 % mark if you terminate before reaching the 50 % mark

this sinario is nothing new

i have been through it myself, but i took on welcome head on, with you its the dca, mkrr, they are prob going to be easier to deal with

watch the bovine excrament hit mkrr fan on this by the time i have finished with them

Comment

message for site team

where does an DSAR go to now with welcome

is it still notingham or cattles hq

are welcome just doing addmin now they have gone tits up or are they total history

Comment

Very heartening - thanks miliitant!!

At the point of being ill, I'd probably paid around £2,400 (at £30/week) on the car itself, and perhaps £1,600 on the insurances (AT £20. A. FRIKKEN. WEEK., PARDON ME). I may have over-estimated, that's 80 weeks out of around 104 - I was struggling, but I made most payments.

If I had indeed paid £4,000, and the sum on file is £10,867 (default sum) or £10,235 (heading to same credit file entry), I was only a grand or so off 50% - so WHERE IN THE "HELL" DOES FOUR GRAND COME FROM??? AND THE CAR WAS FULLY SERVICED ETC!!! I HAD 5 INSURANCES - THE BATTERY!!!!

IT WILL HIT THE FAN INDEED!!!!!

They gave me a personal loan of £750 at one point, to cover the arrears, too. When they got to the house with the cheque, I asked how much interest it was. We know this - 63%, is it? That's the other entry at Noddle, defaulted 06/12/07.

Every other credit entry at Noddle is "fully" up-to-date - flawless record, generally, too - apart from too many addresses. Literally flawless.

So, my credit rating at Noddle? (I appreciate this could represent borrowings to earnings, but anyway):

"Credit Rating
            1/5
            What does this mean?"

My point exactly.
            Last edited by christianpassy; 21st May 2012, 21:07:PM.

Comment

They gave me a personal loan of £750 at one point, to cover the arrears. When they got to the house with the cheque, I asked how much interest it was. We know this - 63%, is it? That's the other entry at Noddle, defaulted 06/12/07.

odear

tell me the money for this loan went straight back to welcome

if so then welcome are in a heap of trouble as its unlawful to do that

Comment

I'm closing out. Back tommorrow. Thankyou so much.

Still here, actually - sorry.

Comment

No, the money didn't go back.
                  And yes, that's exactly what happened. They had to turn over many pages before they could tell me it was 63% or whatever. Slight shock. But the car agreement was 39.9% I think, and, knowing nothing about credit files, then, I didn't check if it was appropriate.

Getting a cup of tea. Too-tooooo much excitement here in - well, over here

Closing forum, back tommorrow.
                  Thanks, miliitant, you are a star. What an amazing place, I am truly grateful. Glad to know you went through it, too - you can understand. Night.
                  Last edited by christianpassy; 21st May 2012, 21:21:PM.

Comment

ime signing off now

check back tomorow:tung:

Comment

THIS GETS SENT TO CATTLES BY RECORDED DELIVERY

Data Protection Compliance Manager
                      Welcome Financial Services
                      KINGSTON HOUSE
                      CENTRE 27 BUSINESS PARK
                      WOODHEAD ROAD
                      BIRSTALL
                      BATLEY
                      WF17 9TD

IS THIS ADDRESS CURRENT/ARE CATTLES STILL TAKING MAIL ?????????

THEY GOT BOUGHT OUT

REMEMBER THE £10 POSTAL ORDER AND SEND RECORDED DELIVERY

GOOD HUNTING

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]
                      Data Protection Act 1998
                      Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx ( IF KNOWN)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to my business with yourselves.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my business with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of an agreement you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original exists, the type of filing system or archive the originals are stored on.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject access request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

print,do not sign
                      Last edited by miliitant; 22nd May 2012, 12:56:PM.

Comment

THIS GETS SENT TO MKRR BY RECORDED DELIVERY
                        remember the £1.00 postal order
                        Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number IF KNOWN

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

so that i am able to reasonably discharge any alleged lawful obligation to your company, can you please send by reply the following information

1/ A full statement of account/s from the time the alleged account/s were assigned to MKRR
                        2/ The statement is to include all payments made to MKRR since the alleged assignment/s
                        3/ how the assignment/s were served, and with proof of notification of assignment/s to the alleged debtor
                        4/ Confirmation on the alleged assignment/s being either Equitable or Absolute to MKRR from welcome financial services
                        Last edited by miliitant; 22nd May 2012, 13:15:PM.

Comment

WOW, just came across this one hour after you posted - now beginning to read, miliitant - thankyou!
                          Actually, reading at bottom of post: 32 mins since you last edited!! Woweee! - we're on a winner
                          OK, right now, I'm typing your letter into Open Office. Then I will be posting it tommorrow, as the water board are coming here today, between 4 and 8pm, to do a flow test (I am paying £58 per month for single person water use lol. Only about £26 is arrears, and these were caused by their setting the D/D too low. Single person use should be about £15 or something. Doh.).
                          I do believe MKRR have already sent a printout, but I didn't ask for all these details you have asked for at the end of the letter, in the addendum. Well, I'm not sure, but I will put it politely to them that I am being advised, and apologise for any repetition in my requests. I will post the final letter here. Over and out, watch this space.
                          Just accepted an offer from Cabot Financial for a true debt of £678, reduced to £203; paying £17 a week from June till Sept. This was my 4th highest debt.
                          ~ Where there is life, there is hope ~
                          Last edited by christianpassy; 22nd May 2012, 13:58:PM.

Comment

remember to send the letter in post 25 to cattles as well

that was welcomes parent company

send those 2 letters and it is then just a waiting game

i know what their response will be before the letters get sent and i allready have sutable replies

slowly slowly, catchy monkey

Comment

Dear miliitant,
                              The letter has been typed and printed twice as below (with address and date) and one copy signed by me. It will be posted 'Signed For' tommorrow with Royal Mail, with the Postal Order made out to MKRR. Proof of sending will be retained.
                              I will keep my eye on this board, but I believe you will now wait until I have a response from MKRR?
                              Anyway, now for the water board (I need a bath!!!) he he - wish me luck! (or them, as the case may be!!!)

Have a great day, and thanks a million, I really appreciate you and everything you are doing. Couldn't warm my heart more

Christian ----->

"Dear Sirs,

Ref: x
                              Balance: x

a) This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

b) So that I am able to reasonably discharge any alleged lawful obligation to your company, can you please also send by reply the following information:-

1/ A full statement of account from the time the alleged account was assigned to MKRR
                              2/ The statement is to include all payments made to MKRR since the alleged assignment
                              3/ How the assignment was served, and with proof of notification of assignment to the alleged debtor
                              4/ Confirmation on the alleged assignment being either Equitable or Absolute to MKRR from Welcome Financial Services.

I apologise if there appears to be a repetition of any previous requests within this letter, however, as I have told your company many times, I believe there to have been a miscarriage of justice in this matter, and am now acting upon full advice. Although the process may appear tedious, it is necessary because a fair outcome has not been achieved.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully"

Comment

WOW, just read this - post 28, about letter to cattles - didn't realise who they were when u mentioned them b4. Going to retrieve post 25. Thanks! :beaglejust wrote LEAGAL 1 in 'save' title for last letter by mistake lol) - he he he

MILIITANT BEAGLE HUNTIN' - HAVE FEAR!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X