• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Discussion on what peeps want from a meet up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Discussion on what peeps want from a meet up

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
    How about Oxford?
    That sound interesting Cyn---never been there

Comment

Oxford is lovely!!!

gwr or thames trains from London, I believe Virgin Cross Country do Oxford too.

Comment

I forgot i did this but it might help a bit

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...for-travelling

Comment

I missed that linked thread, Puff. Good info, too.

Thinking about it (yep....I managed to.) We had Norfolk also mentioned - so we have Cambridge, and Norwich, perhaps ? There are indeed so many possibilities, aren't there ?

Comment

Im thinking of the Welsh side of the family too Bill, Norfolk might be hard to get to, but I will look for you
            The cockney never gives up

Comment

Ok, I'm NOT jumping on any band wagons/taking any sides/want any arguments or to make any waves here.. but, I would like to put my opinion forward purely from the point of view that I'm new to the LB meets (this was my first) Plus, I was on a very tight budget indeed.. but stress that this is MY personal opinion only... and a fresh view from merely those two aspects of concern.. But I also realise that everyone has their own views and opinions and as said many times before here, I guess it’s a fact of life that you can’t make everyone happy with the choices or the way things are organised..

I personally very much liked the fact that the meet was completely structured.. I felt all manner of events and entertainment was so tastefully and considerately organised in a way to accommodate or cater for ''EVERYONE'S'' budget and purse, plus, with NO obligation to any..

Due to the kind folk that spent hours of their own personal time to organise this meet I more or less knew exactly how much to budget for and paid for things as we went along.. I didn’t feel it was regimented in any way whatsoever either and ’’NEVER’’ felt at ‘’ANYTIME’’ that there was any division of economical grouping or class going on, which I personally think was down to the organisers of this meet and their superb care/consideration and attention to detail of this aspect alone.. Thanks guys and very well done on that.. xx

I have never travelled or gone away on my own before this meet, let alone to be with folk I kinda knew but had never met before so the thought of this felt quite daunting to me initially but, I now know that I had nothing to worry about as I was made to feel soo welcome and very much a part of the group.. therefore, ‘’NOT’’ at ‘’ANYTIME’’ did I feel vulnerable or alone but again, I strongly feel this was down to the structure of this meet and the fact that I had direction which was very much personally needed by myself in order to be there.

Huge Thanks goes to Mr & Mrs Tuttsi for making my travel arrangements possible and for making me feel soo very welcome and being such nice/kind and generous souls and to Turbo for his dear friendship and insisting I come along and for including me in everything and finally to Bill for taking such good care of me in every aspect.. And to Everyone else there that made that weekend so damn enjoyable and left me wanting more.. You are all soo very special.. xx

I want to come on every future meet (if you’ll have me) no matter where the venue as long as I have the time to put away a few pennies..

Love to you all..

Thanks guys.. xxx

Maxie.xxx

Comment

Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

My memory fails me sometimes-lol--it wasn't a quick decision just by me-

As you know Sapphy, you me & Tuttsi discussed York on and off for a month before you told me to get on with it-lol-and Bill testing the water with "Turbo is thinking of York" in chatbox

Originally posted by Turboman View Post

At least the one common thing me & Enaid did----instead of going round the houses--we both
                • Picked a Venue
                • Picked a date
                • ..and sat back & wait for take-up

Comment

Cambridge is a possible for the Welsh side of the family.

To do it, you go (im using Newport station as an example) Newport to Paddington then underground to Kings x, then Kings X to Cambridge. It's possibly the most expensive journey as its cheaper to go out of London than in to it.. but all in all (underground included) about 3 hours in total.

They allow an hour for the underground, but in reality its a simple enough journey, you want either the Hammersmith and City line to Kings cross or the Circle Line... takes about 20mins if that. If either of those lines are delayed, take anything to Baker Street and take the Metropolitan line, but thats as a final resort as they can take ages..

Comment

its do-able from Scotland too, im using Edinburgh as a destination bill, so let me know if thats appropriate, but Edinburgh-Peterborough-Cambridge, bout 8 hours in all.. but.. its a pig on a sunday

Comment

Thanks for that Puff. Yeah, Edinburgh is OK. Where we are in Selkirk is miles from any rail links (thanks to Dr. Beeching), so Edinburgh Waverley is the best check-point, although I can get a freebie bus to Berwick (or Carlisle), using my bus pass !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                        Thanks for that Puff. Yeah, Edinburgh is OK. Where we are in Selkirk is miles from any rail links (thanks to Dr. Beeching), so Edinburgh Waverley is the best check-point, although I can get a freebie bus to Berwick (or Carlisle), using my bus pass !!!
                        Don't forget that anyone of bus pass age (over 60) can travel around the UK for free, should make an interesting journey. Plus in the London area there's always the freedom pass for those over 60.

Comment

Carlisle is the best bet hun,

Carlisle to cambridge, change at Birmingham. its about 6 hours rather than 8.

Forgot berwick, its a pig and a half.

Comment

I dunno about you lot, but my bus pass only allows free journeys in Scotland - NOT the UK, dammit !! I can go as far as John o'Groats or Carlisle for free - and that's it. And I'm b100dy English !!!

Comment

LOL - Carlisle it is, then, Puff. At least I can get that far for free !!! Mind you - I've found we often have to consider the longer routes if we're looking for cheap tickets.

Comment

if we DO decide on cambridge, DONT buy a ticket carlise to cambridge (over £100 single)
                                buy a ticket from carlise to Birmingham (under $40) and from birmingham to cambridge (under 30)
                                If you purchase a senior railcard (£20 for a year) that reduces by 1/3

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X