• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

council tax single persons discount review/ experian/equifax???????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: council tax single persons discount review/ experian/equifax???????

OK THEN PEOPLE, TIME TO GO ON THE OFFENSIVE

twice now i have demanded a written explanation from CAPITA over what statutory authority they themself can withdraw the 25% single persons discount, which is a statutory right, from a rate payer

silence is deafening

any sugestions as i have now given themself enough rope to hang them self, does CPUTR 2008 become applicable

Comment

Dear Mr millitant,

I have been passed your email address from my college xxxv, hopefully I can help you with your questions,

The Single Person Discount review has been carried out under the Local Government Finance Act 1992 and the Council Tax [Administration and Enforcement] Regulation 1992. These Regulation govern all aspects of Council Tax administration. More specifically for the single person discount, Regulation 15[1] of the Regulations states that a billing authority may remove a discount after having taken reasonable steps to verify the award and having reason to believe the discount should no longer apply. We have taken these steps in this circumstance by sending you two letters out requesting that you confirm you are still eligible for the discount.

The Human Rights Act does not over ride any primary national legislation so the LGFA takes precedence over the Human Rights Act. I can confirm however that your discount has since been re-applied to your account as you have correctly reclaimed your discount.

If you have any further questions please contact me,

Kind Regards

JUST RECEIVED THIS FROM CRAPITA

COMMENTS PLEASE PEOPLE

I AM STILL AFTER AN EXPLANATION UNDER WHAT STATUTORY AUTHORITY CRAPITA ON ITS OWN FOR STARTERS, LET ALONE THE BILLING AUTHORITY CAN REMOVE THE SINGLE PERSONS DISCOUNT WITHOUT A PRIMA FACIE CASE OF ADAQUATE SUSPICION OF NON ENTITLEMENT TO THE SINGLE PERSONS DISCOUNT

PLEASE READ PREVIOUS POSTS FIRST AS THEY THINK THEY HAVE PROVIDED AN EXPLANATION IN THEIR RESPONSE

I DISAGREE

COMMENTS PLEASE

Comment

Would a FOI request along the following lines help:

Is there any legislation in place which allows for outsourcing of Council Tax services an if so what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          Would a FOI request along the following lines help:

Is there any legislation in place which allows for outsourcing of Council Tax services an if so what is it?
          I ALLREADY HAVE THAT THROUGH A FOI REQUEST

their is no statutory obligation to out source the single persons discount review

in fact, in law, their is no such thing as the single persons discount review, thats just a name the billing authority (council) has made up

Comment

Sorry, Militant, I'm clearly not understanding something here. Just to be clear, effectively you are saying that every authority using Capita for the CT services is acting unlawfully then?

Comment

NO, THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM SAYING

local authorities have outsourced doing checks on people who claim the 25 % single persons occupancy ref the council tax, that company is capita.
              the local authorities are using the council tax enforcement regulations as justification

by outsourcing, prob for cost measures, capita is a commercial agency who are retaning your data without your consent. i will not go into the legislation but for the purpose of detecting fraud etc, there is an exemption within the DPA 1998. that is for the local authority, not its agents

what i am saying is ther is no statuitory requirement for the council to do the single persons accupancy, its a total waste of money, and their is no statutory obligation for you to comply with the agents of the billing authority, capita

the only statutory obligation on the council tax payer is to inform the council of changes in circumstances that may effect entitlement, not its agents, capita

so capita cannot take any form of action in sanctioning discount entitlement as perscribed by statutory entitlement

Comment

Just found this:

http://www.rother.gov.uk/article/8485/Question-947

Interesting it was a one off thing in the response. I wonder if that is actually the case?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  Just found this:

http://www.rother.gov.uk/article/8485/Question-947

Interesting it was a one off thing in the response. I wonder if that is actually the case?
                  Typical council spokesperson turning the situation into a propaganda opportunity. What about the poor guy's question? Did the council rep forget all about that while spouting his pompous idiocy.

Comment

the truth in this is being deliberately kept from us

we can never get a straight answer on how local authorities manipulate statute legislation and interpret to their own advantage

i will get an answer on this

my next letter is to the shadow attorney general

that pompus tory twat will just ignore it if i send it to him

ill update any reply

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
                      the truth in this is being deliberately kept from us

we can never get a straight answer on how local authorities manipulate statute legislation and interpret to their own advantage

i will get an answer on this

my next letter is to the shadow attorney general

that pompus tory twat will just ignore it if i send it to him

ill update any reply
                      Indeed, I'm having a parallel similar fight over the opening of confidential medical records being sent to the DWP by post office workers, who then decide which department to send them to.

At least I now have a few MP's onside with me.

God knows what would happen if we sat back and just let it happen.

Comment

Indeed, I'm having a parallel similar fight over the opening of confidential medical records being sent to the DWP by post office workers, who then decide which department to send them to.

now that would not be the mail centre in preston would it staffed by angard employment agency AKA royal mail would it :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

if you want to start another thread on the subject then i will dig out my file on this subject

Comment

It's a national issue, but I'd be grateful for any information you've got. Can I pm you my e-mail address?

Comment

please do

inside man and all that

Comment

Dear Mr millitant,

I have been passed your email address from my college xxxv, hopefully I can help you with your questions,

The Single Person Discount review has been carried out under the Local Government Finance Act 1992 and the Council Tax [Administration and Enforcement] Regulation 1992. These Regulation govern all aspects of Council Tax administration. More specifically for the single person discount, Regulation 15[1] of the Regulations states that a billing authority may remove a discount after having taken reasonable steps to verify the award and having reason to believe the discount should no longer apply. We have taken these steps in this circumstance by sending you two letters out requesting that you confirm you are still eligible for the discount.

The Human Rights Act does not over ride any primary national legislation so the LGFA takes precedence over the Human Rights Act. I can confirm however that your discount has since been re-applied to your account as you have correctly reclaimed your discount.

If you have any further questions please contact me,

Kind Regards

NOW I AM USED TO THIS RUN AROUND BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES ETC

WHAT INTERESTS ME IS THIS QUOTE FROM THE LETTER

The Single Person Discount review has been carried out under the Local Government Finance Act 1992 and the Council Tax [Administration and Enforcement] Regulation 1992

The Single Person Discount review has been carried out under the Local Government Finance Act 1992 and the Council Tax [Administration and Enforcement] Regulation 1992

More specifically for the single person discount, Regulation 15[1] of the Regulations
                              (WHAT REGULATIONS ???)
                              states that a billing authority may remove a discount after having taken reasonable steps to verify the award and having reason to believe the discount should no longer apply

NOW 15(1) under the Local Government Finance Act 1992 STATES15 Valuation tribunals.

(1)Valuation and community charge tribunals established under Schedule 11 to the 1988 Act shall be known as valuation tribunals.

AND 15(1) Council Tax [Administration and Enforcement] Regulation 1992 STATE

Assumptions as to discount

15.(1) Where, having taken such steps as are referred to in regulation 14, a billing authority has no reason to believe that the chargeable amount for the financial year concerned is subject to a discount, it shall assume, in making any calculation of the chargeable amount for the purposes of Part V of these Regulations, that the chargeable amount is not subject to any discount

PLEASE TELL ME I AM ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WITH MY REASONING OR HAS CAPITA TOLD A BARE FACE LIE

Comment

can somebody check out this regulation 15(1) as i am going to give capita such a kicking if they have tried to pull the wool over my eyes with the crap they have spouted

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X