• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drink Driving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drink Driving

Allow me Labman

Beaumaris - Google Maps

Comment

If its the place I think it is, its quite a way from civilisation.

Did he have his own alcohol on board the motorhome, or did he goto a pub and walk?

Comment

Swith to satellite view and just follow the shoreline north from Beaumaris till you get to Lleiniog Holiday Cottages. Immediately to the south is the layby, you can't miss it.

Comment

53.290963, -4.070496
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Comment

In order to give you an idea of the way the CPS decide to prosecute, I'm posting up a copy of the CPS Prosecutor's Code.
              Attached Files
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

My friend is not being prosecuted, but has had a written warning from the police advising him to take precautions in future in order to demonstrate he had no intention of driving. Nothing is specified as to what precautions are considered acceptable, so I guess it's down to leaving the keys well tucked away in the back. I can't really think what else he could have done, though he now admits he was asking for trouble as foolishly he had left his keys in the ignition with the door locked, not the brightest of moves whether or not he'd been drinking. I was not aware of this till yesterday.

He has asked me to pass on thanks, and is one extremely relieved individual.

Comment

My neighbour went out and got completely trashed, he went home, his other half got the right hump and wouldn't let him in, so he slept in his van, the coppers found him and nicked him, he lost his licence for 3 years, a mahooosive fine and lost his job as a carpet fitter on the programme 60 minute makeover.
                  Moral of the story, no matter how drunk you are don't even think of sleeping in the motor, find a shed or even knock up a neighbour.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    My friend is not being prosecuted, but has had a written warning from the police advising him to take precautions in future in order to demonstrate he had no intention of driving. Nothing is specified as to what precautions are considered acceptable, so I guess it's down to leaving the keys well tucked away in the back. I can't really think what else he could have done, though he now admits he was asking for trouble as foolishly he had left his keys in the ignition with the door locked, not the brightest of moves whether or not he'd been drinking. I was not aware of this till yesterday.

He has asked me to pass on thanks, and is one extremely relieved individual.
                    Your friend has been one lucky man, Labman. Leaving the key in the ignition is all the police need to have reasonable cause to suspect drinking and driving.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Indeed BB - I think he has learned a lesson and realises just how fortunate he has been.

Thanks everyone on his behalf for your contributions to this thread. He still won't come and join us, but I'll keep trying!

Comment

As per my knowledge, you are safe until you are not driving the car after drinking. Its not a crime to drink in a car.
                        Here are some good resources to get information about DUI laws:
                        http://www.duilawcenter.org/duilaws.php
                        http://www.duimike.com/dui-laws.php
                        https://www.adaptiveskills.com/dui-class.php

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X