• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Royal Mail Delivery Office negligence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail Delivery Office negligence

Royal Mail left me a card on 30 March re: parcel returned to local delivery office for collection. Duly attended on two occasions but parcel nowhere to be found. Gave me compensation form to complete. Information required:- details of sender, contents, value etc.. It was a milestone birthday and so I was getting parcels from folk who would not regularly send me birthday gifts. Short of my incurring embarassment of phoning everyone I know to ask 'did you send me a present?', I have no way of finding out info that the Royal Mail requires. Legally, it would appear that without those details, I don't have a leg to stand on. Suggestions, anyone?
    Zeitgit.
    Tags: None

Re: Royal Mail Delivery Office negligence

Do You Still Have The P739 (red Card)

Comment

Yup, P739 card still with me.

Comment

What info is on the card ie posties name etc?
        was it too big for letter box?
        was it to be signed for?

Comment

THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINON ONLY

I think you will find on royal mail website they have a lost parcel/package section the details they ask for are the requirements from past experience they do not waiver from those rules

Comment

Packet too large for letterbox. Not requiring signature. No postie's signature but manager at office said they knew who had originally tried to deliver it. They said that another postie had been helping out my regular one. According to Citizens Advice website, form P739 should have delivery officer's initials. Am wondering if this changes anything...?
            Last edited by zeitgit; 2nd May 2012, 19:58:PM. Reason: extra info from CAB site

Comment

changes nothing ime afraid

They said that another postie had been helping out my regular one.

seems park and loop fiasco or cut offs again

Comment

I dunno, and it may be a long shot (usually is), but you could maybe involve the Police as it is either a matter of lost/missing property or theft thereof. Sure, I doubt if Mr. Plod will find the missing parcel, but his presence might....just....help "someone" to "find" it ?

Perhaps the sight of blue uniformed in the sorting office might just have a 'laxative' effect.

Comment

Sounds like a sophisticated case of theft

Comment

you will be surprised about the amount of missing items since royal mail started the revisions or should i say new way of working

ime not talking of theft by royal mail personel either
                    ime talking about untrained casual staff who are on three month contracts etc who have no loyalty to the business as they know its only a short term job

(angard staffing solutions or should i say ROYAL MAIL)

staff and managers comming in from other offices because their is not enough staff or hours to do the job, overtime through the roof, etc,etc

but they are only teething problems :tung:

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
                      you will be surprised about the amount of missing items since royal mail started the revisions or should i say new way of working
                      Not me, M. I've seen just a little of this, and it seems to be becoming yet another 'big business.'

Receiving a Knighthood is now IMO an admission that chivalry is not recognised by the recipient. Now, the terms "Royal" and "Mail" are becoming synonymous with the phrase "They JUST.....DON'T.....GET IT...!!!"

We're beginning to, though. Sorry for being so slow, Madge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                        Now, the terms "Royal" and "Mail" are becoming synonymous with the phrase "They JUST.....DON'T.....GET IT...!!!"
                        My wife has been saying for a while that the word 'mail' is synonymous with just not getting it!

Comment

Whether theft or just another example of failing systems and comcomitant chaos, they've still lost my birthday present on their premises. The duty manager who dealt with me was upset about it but left me no wiser as to which of the options she felt likely. Think I'll ring her and suss it out. In the meantime shall put in an FOI request re that delivery office. Am also going to send out cards to friends enquiring whether they sent me anything. Who knows? Might prick some consciences and get more gifts while Im at it.
                          Last edited by zeitgit; 4th May 2012, 00:55:AM. Reason: missed a word out

Comment

I'm a great believer in this type of issue in going straight to the CEO. It seems to be the only way or get anything done nowadays.

Comment

Sis
                              When you ring her, say that you are going to contact the Police about this, it might mke them think again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X