• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Store card debtors to be let off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store card debtors to be let off

BBC News - Store card debtors to be let off
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.
    Tags: None

Re: Store card debtors to be let off

Oooops
    Nice on PT...

Comment

you wanna read the full judgment mate, makes interesting reading for sure, the OFT also agree with us on this too
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Banks truly are a vile breed.

I am particularly heartened by this story as I have just had a run of Santander being particularly nasty and vindictive toward me after I won a complaint against them, they did not disguise their feelings and managed to stop me getting my salary for a week by closing the account the day before it was paid in therefore bouncing it back via BACS and causing me untold problems with creditors and putting petrol in my car to get to work. They sent me a new telephone banking code which I didn't ask for which was 60666 - call me paranoid but after all the communications to and fro and the fact that I had gone to the Ombudsman and Santander's consequent difficulty in hiding their feelings, the number they sent could be quite relevant to how they classify me.

This is a truly horrible organisation and I am glad to have them out of my life and wish them all the failure in the world.

Comment

I have to say that of all the banks I deal with on a daily basis, Santander are nearly always by far the most difficult. It would certainly appear they have scant regard for their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
            I have to say that of all the banks I deal with on a daily basis, Santander are nearly always by far the most difficult. It would certainly appear they have scant regard for their customers.
            Or UK law?

Comment

Lovely.

Comment

Any chance appeal?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  Any chance appeal?
                  None whatever, alas, as Santander seem to have been reluctant to let the matter go before the Court of Appeal where a decision in the defendant's favour would become stare decisis.

Left unappealled, Santander's options in similar cases are still open, but an unsuccessful appeal would leave Santander certe futui.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    None whatever, alas, as Santander seem to have been reluctant to let the matter go before the Court of Appeal where a decision in the defendant's favour would become stare decisis.

Left unappealled, Santander's options in similar cases are still open, but an unsuccessful appeal would leave Santander certe futui.

Lol - is this a oft-used expression by judges in the higher courts?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Sounds like they are Upadi creaka

Peter

Comment

Or UK law?

...Spanish law and the Spanish economy are the only two things they have regard for.

That's not being racist, if UK were in the same economic position and had the chance to bolster our economy by going somewhere that allowed such en masse legalised rip off, we'd probably do it, except other countries aren't quite as stupid and for sale as ours. UK plc don't forget.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          Any chance appeal?
                          Nope. The 21 days window to lodge an appeal has now passed. I know that because I was the defendant in this case :faint:

A massive thank you to Clever Clogs for posting my judgment on here so it can hopefully help others being hounded by DCAs. The real villain of this story is Lewis Group (DCA) and its in-house litigators Howard Cohen who made my life hell for over a year. If I'm allowed to name the solicitors who rescued me on here then I will gladly do that :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            Nope. The 21 days window to lodge an appeal has now passed. I know that because I was the defendant in this case :faint:

A massive thank you to Clever Clogs for posting my judgment on here so it can hopefully help others being hounded by DCAs. The real villain of this story is Lewis Group (DCA) and its in-house litigators Howard Cohen who made my life hell for over a year. If I'm allowed to name the solicitors who rescued me on here then I will gladly do that :nod:
                            Mr Cohen is in the same mould as our old "friend" Mr Carter.
                            Bulk filing of claims and see what stick.
                            They aren't any good when people fight back, but with the help of people like Paul and Watsons (see I named them for you) we have an increasing amount of ammo to use against them and right the balance..

Comment

This is excelent news for those of us who are being chased by the Leeds Losers who bought a shedload of these so called agreements from M&S. So the Leeds Losers havent just made an ordeinary F**K UP they have made an M&S F**K UP

This has made my day

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X