• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor troubles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Executor troubles

I feel the SRA and the Probate Court are probably the best people to help the OP sort this out. Looking at this from another angle, the shyster who her sister has hired is sailing perilously close to the wind in the legal sense, if not, into the wind. If the SRA order them to be struck from the register, justice will have been done and have been seen to be done.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I hope you are right Bluebottle.

She is married Clever Clogs. They also have two children which is perhaps another reason why she is being so vindictive. My sister believes that because she has these children that she was more favoured by our mother than I which was certainly not the case. We were both treated equally. She was most upset that her children had not been mentioned in the will i'd imagine

Comment

im not going to go in to figures, its not my place, but for a solution, how about suggesting a portion of the sale of the house goes in to trust for the kids in Mums name? Suggest she simply forgot to include them (kinda you know mum, she was a bit forgotful) massage her ego a little. Say look, let me have a copy of the photos and I will put X in to 2 accounts for the kids from mum.

Comment

Perhaps Jelly's mum thought split it 50/50 and let the sister with kids give part of her share to her children, she may have thought why should the sister who is childfree have less than 50% because her sister has knocked out a couple of kids so to speak.

Comment

We really aren't talking about a huge amount of money here. Not much over 5K each. And she should think herself lucky to get that as it was hard to get a decent offer for the house My mother would never have included grandchildren in the will. She never made a secret of the contents of her will and always said it was straight down the middle between her children unless one of us died first.

Comment

It might be worth massaging your sisters ego a little, as this is what we seem to be dealing with, and suggesting may £100 a kid, from Gran if this is what you think the problem is stemming from.

Make sure she knows it will be paid "on recipet of the photos" and continue the action against the solicitor for their unproffesional behaviour in this matter!

Comment

That's a good suggestion Puffrose but wouldn't work with my sister. It would probably make her suspicious and think I was hiding something. And I don't think it's really got all that much to do with money any more. I believe that despite any root cause of this ill feeling any actions from her now are motivated purely by spite and a desire to hurt me as much as possible. I am considering reporting her for harassment if she sends me another hate filled email now as I have asked her solicitor that she not contact me 3 times

Comment

if shes sending hate emails, BB will know the legal terms and stuff, but its a crime.

If its got this far, then I'm afraid its time to employ a solicitor start action, unless you have aunts/uncles someone else with pictures of Mum so you can make your own album. Sorry it has gone this far, it may be your sister is suffering with a form of depression too, and is being vile cos she simply cant help. Maybe speaking to a berevement counsellor would help. I suggest you speak to someone too as this is messing with you mentally as well..
                  if you want to send a vent email, please feel free to pm, if you dont want it read, put dont read as the topic and i will delete it once its recieved, its kind of, not in your head anymore once its said.

let us all know how the complaint goes. and please know, we all send you hugs and good wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybaby View Post
                    My mother would never have included grandchildren in the will. She never made a secret of the contents of her will and always said it was straight down the middle between her children unless one of us died first.
                    Are you thinking what I'm thinking? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I'm assuming that you're not suggesting suicide Clever Clogs :tinysmile_grin_t:

Following the email I sent saying that i'd made a complaint I received a reply direct from the evil one.

It seems that I am disgusting, not human and that my mother disliked me intensely (according to her).
                      But apart from that she seems to have given up with the threats and everything.

BUT, she has said that if I now want any photos I will have to take her to court for them at my own expense and if i'm lucky I will get the odd one. She has said that she has cancelled solicitor.
                      Now, I know that I can't take her to court for photos because they have no financial value. And I shouldn't have to. It's petty and any right minded person would have allowed me to have these months ago seeing as they never even actually belonged to my sister. And I have forwarded the email to her solicitor reminding them that I have an email that states the photos are in their possession and several emails which say that I will be receiving them. So what can I do now. The complaint I have made will now run it's course. But is the solicitor able to renege on the promise of the photos? Or is it still up to the client? Can my sister just take the photos back from the solicitor and that'll be that?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X