• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Co op unpaid item fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co op unpaid item fee

Hi guys, hope someone can help with this:
    My partner just got charged £15 by Co op, because Talk Talk tried to take some money out, there wasn't enough, so he got slapped with an unpaid item fee. Now he had already paid last month's Talk Talk bill, and they dipped in a second time to take some money out, they said, because of the bank holiday, which isn't until next week, so I know, we have an issue with Talk Talk that we must take up, but can I legally request that Co op refund my partner the charges? Would I need to follow the usual route of writing them a letter, then if that's no good, taking it to the ombudsman, or is this different? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Co op unpaid item fee

I think the best you can do with the Co-op is write a pleading letter.

Legally, you did not have money in your account when someone tried to take a payment. You thus incurred the fee for this. Talk Talk should refund this fee if they did not have the right to request the money.

I've always found the Co-op extremely good about refunding fees, especially if it is a very rare occurence. I actually phone them, but don't settle for first tier Customer Service people.

Comment

Talk Talk Telecom cannot be trusted, particularly their Executive Level Complaints Team.

As such, if they take money out, BEFORE the agreed payment date without a very good reason that would stand up in a court of law, it could be argued that they are in breach of their side of the contract.

I've had experience of these wide boys and what they'll do is say they can only credit the bank charges to your next bill, which is total crap and against the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999.

Stand your ground with them and if they dig their heels in, hit them with a Contract Default Notice, basically, a letter telling them they are in breach of the contract between you by causing you to suffer financial loss as a result of their actions and them failing to comply with the UTCCR. If it comes to this, come back onto the thread.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi

This has happened to me a couple of times, like Labman I found that a simple call to customer services and an explination did the trick. the charges were refunded on both occaisions.

Peter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X