• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

I have added a picture of the car park sign aswell. Hopefully you should be able to see both pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

I got 3 from Morrisons Supermarket---just ignore them as advised

Originally posted by cjmax200 View Post
      the car park is for the supermarket Aldi and the sign says private property
      Last edited by Turboman; 25th September 2012, 13:44:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        For what it's worth, I got a Parkiing Charge Notice from Aldi and ignored it - nothing has happened two years or more down the line. It may not have been Parking Eye.
        Why were you shopping at Aldi?

Do you like 'food' with less taste than blotting paper, or were you buying a Christmas present for someone you despise?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

Do you like 'food' with less taste than blotting paper, or were you buying a Christmas present for someone you despise?
          I was actually using the shop next door but I knew that car park is pay & display where as Aldi car park used to be free

Comment

Originally posted by cjmax200 View Post
            I was actually using the shop next door but I knew that car park is pay & display where as Aldi car park used to be free
            Wellingborough will soon have some rather unhappy chavs.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

I take it you don't like shopping at Aldi, CC?
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Ignore - technically they could possibly claim any lost parking fee, but it is 99.999999999% sure they won't. They WILL keep sending increasingly nasty letters, so keep them safe but don't pay one penny, just toally ignore.

Some websites (such as one bearing a famous money saving expert's name) will advise appealing it. We don't on this site and haven't had anyone taken to court yet.

@CC - good to see you back!

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  I take it you don't like shopping at Aldi, CC?
                  I just believe their food is not quite up to the standard one might expect of Fortnums.

Comment

My PCN has now been passed to Debt Recovery Plus who have been sending me weekly letters threatening legal action etc. It's really scary but I have not replied to any of them. I have a defence in that they had me down for being in the car park (it's pay and display) for over three hours, when in fact I left within an hour, and then came back just over an hour later, bought another ticket and left within the hour. I guess the camera hadn't registered my leaving the first time. Of course I didn't keep the tickets though.

My point is that if they were to take me to court and the judge saw that I hadn't made any attempt to contact them and defend myself, would that be detrimental to my case?

I know what you are going to say, and that is they won't take me to court, but there's a lot of people down here who have ignored their tickets, they may just decided to try and make an example.

Comment

see here--is this the end of the right to ignore the notices?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...s-more-tickets

Comment

If you study the Protection of Freedoms Act, PPCs have to satisfy a number of conditions before they can pursue someone for a bogus parking ticket. Parliament hasn't given it to them on a plate. Any tickets issued prior to 9 October 2012, will be subject to existing legislation, which means the PPCs will have a job trying to pursue them. Without exception, other than in the case of war crimes or crimes against humanity, legislation cannot be applied retrospectively. This is something we are going to have to be aware of when advising posters.

Comment

Although the legislation came in only today, you may have noticed that the Parking Offences section of the Bailiffs' Guide has already been updated to reflect the new laws. In there you will find an excellent link from the Ministry of Transport.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Comment

The clamping provision are in from today, but I understand the ticketing provisions come into force on 9 October 2012.

Comment

The clamping provision are in from today, but I understand the ticketing provisions come into force on 9 October 2012.
                              See how advanced we are on LB!

Before I get a note to that effect added, can you provide a definitive link to that just to be 100% sure it's accurate (not doubting you!):beagle:

Comment

• Re: Parking Eye / New law

Folks -

What's the consensus on how this change in law will apply to "in-flight" tickets/claims ?

In other words - yes it's clear that all new Parking Charge Notices will be more enforceable but.... I too had a notice from Parking Eye, having parked up in a local pub carpark for an hour and a bit, on 15/09, without actually going in... (I mean - a pub car park ??!! Talk about amazed... smart business move Marstons - you have cost yourself thousands there, for the remainder of my life as an enthusiastic consumer of real ale!!)... And of course I have been happily ignoring it.. but it's still an 'active case'; I had the second threatening letter just yesterday, they have not given up as yet. So - since they now seem to have more rights to pursue it, is it not more likely that they will do so ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X