• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye

Is it your opinion that they will still take it to Court or realise they don't stand a chance if they did?

Comment

They would be very unwise to attempt to pursue a civil claim. Parking Eye ended up around £5,000 out of pocket after trying to extort a "penalty" from a motorist. The judge hearing that case, struck out the penalty and Parking Eye's solicitors' costs. OPC and its directors were fined £30,000 by a magistrates court and Vehicle Control Services had their claim struck-out and were ordered to pay costs to the motorist they tried to fleece.

Paying the parking fee and making it quite clear to the PPC that is all they are legally-entitled to demand is all you should have to do. A court is unlikely to have any truck with a PPC that tries to unjustifiably enrich itself by trying to claim a sum of money current legislation states they are not entitled to demand. Both the PPC and Debt Collection Plus Ltd need to be put on notice that their actions amount to harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and they could both be liable to unlimited civil damages if they do not desist immediately. A company can be held liable for any course of conduct amounting to harassment following the High Court ruling in the case of Ferguson -v- British Gas Trading Ltd 2009.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Hi Thanks everyone, this has been great information, however my other half is still whittling. My partner has today got a "penalty Charge Notice" from Parking Eye, I was driving her car and only went in the car park to pick her up from work (she works round the corner) I have been accused of parking for 15 minutes without paying. The notice that came through today is a charge from the 03/09/2012 (her first day at work) and I have been dropping her off and picking her up every day since, so I am afraid this may be the first of many Penalty charge notices to come. From the look of the posts above I can ignore these notices, however my partner is worried that they will put a CCJ or something similar against her name which will effect her credit rating, I have looked at other sites which leads me to believe that they would have to win a case in court for this to happen. Please advise as I'm getting it in the neck!

Thanks
          PF

Comment

Well this thread was started on the 28th March 2012. It has been liked 54 times on FB. Right now it is being viewed by 13 guests. Its a very highly viewed thread.

Has anyone posted back to say they've been taken to court yet?

Relax and enjoy your Friday night x
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Next episode in the saga, i have now received a 'reduced payment offer' of £112 from £140, in final settlement as long as i pay in the next 7 days, never heard of them doing this before, what am i supposed to make of that !!!

Comment

Originally posted by suedob View Post
                Next episode in the saga, i have now received a 'reduced payment offer' of £112 from £140, in final settlement as long as i pay in the next 7 days, never heard of them doing this before, what am i supposed to make of that !!!
                Maybe a paper plane or an origami flower !!!!

Just ignore, there is no need for you to do anything. This is just the next step in their attempt to scare and bully you into making a payment.

Budgie

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Farrar View Post
                  Hi Thanks everyone, this has been great information, however my other half is still whittling. My partner has today got a "penalty Charge Notice" from Parking Eye, I was driving her car and only went in the car park to pick her up from work (she works round the corner) I have been accused of parking for 15 minutes without paying. The notice that came through today is a charge from the 03/09/2012 (her first day at work) and I have been dropping her off and picking her up every day since, so I am afraid this may be the first of many Penalty charge notices to come. From the look of the posts above I can ignore these notices, however my partner is worried that they will put a CCJ or something similar against her name which will effect her credit rating, I have looked at other sites which leads me to believe that they would have to win a case in court for this to happen. Please advise as I'm getting it in the neck!

Thanks
                  PF
                  Absolutely 100% NOT! A Penalty Charge Notice is completely different to a Parking Charge Notice and should not be ignored. See http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

I have not heard of Parking Eye being able to issue Penalty Charge Notices - look at it carefully. If it is a Parking Charge Notice ignore it, if a Penalty Charge Notice, pay it while it has the discount.

Comment

Hi, I have been reading this thread and it has been helpfull but I'm still unsure what to do. I parked in a car park that had always been free but now is pay & display, when I entered the car park there was 6 police cars with lights going surrounding a smashed car at the entrance which distracted me from seeing any signs. I was in the shop 10 mins and returned to find the parking charge notice on my window. I then found the signs which say 1hr free but you still need to get a ticket which I would have got as it was free, but then I returned home and emailed an appeal which naturally was unsuccessful. Now I'm not sure if I should still ignore them as I have already contacted them.
                    Can anyone advise me Please
                    Cheers
                    cjmax200

Comment

• Re: Parking Eye

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      Absolutely 100% NOT! A Penalty Charge Notice is completely different to a Parking Charge Notice and should not be ignored. See http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

I have not heard of Parking Eye being able to issue Penalty Charge Notices - look at it carefully. If it is a Parking Charge Notice ignore it, if a Penalty Charge Notice, pay it while it has the discount.
                      Unless Parking Eye is enforcing on behalf of a local authority, my gut-feeling is that the Penalty Charge Notice from Parking Eye is a false instrument, in which case, the matter needs to be reported to the police. There may well be offences under the Fraud Act 2006 on the part of Parking Eye. If it is a Parking Charge Notice, ignore, as recommended by Labman.

Comment

Originally posted by cjmax200 View Post
                        Hi, I have been reading this thread and it has been helpfull but I'm still unsure what to do. I parked in a car park that had always been free but now is pay & display, when I entered the car park there was 6 police cars with lights going surrounding a smashed car at the entrance which distracted me from seeing any signs. I was in the shop 10 mins and returned to find the parking charge notice on my window. I then found the signs which say 1hr free but you still need to get a ticket which I would have got as it was free, but then I returned home and emailed an appeal which naturally was unsuccessful. Now I'm not sure if I should still ignore them as I have already contacted them.
                        Can anyone advise me Please
                        Cheers
                        cjmax200
                        Was the car park privately-owned or a local authority car park?

Comment

the car park is for the supermarket Aldi and the sign says private property

Comment

For what it's worth, I got a Parkiing Charge Notice from Aldi and ignored it - nothing has happened two years or more down the line. It may not have been Parking Eye.

The best way forward, if you can, would be to scan the ticket, removing all personal details so we can look at it. We can then suggest a way forward from a much more informed position.

Comment

as soon as i can find out how to add pictures I'll add the picture I took because I don't have a scanner

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Farrar View Post
                                Despite the apparent desire by some politicians to cut judicial costs, no claimant is yet able to "issue a CCJ" without even needing to go through the Bulk Processing Centre in Northampton.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X