• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye

I agree with Bluebottle but must say there was supposed to be proper regulation problem came when you look into it the regulators came from the same banks,companies as those they regulated before they became regulators and after that they went back to same all corrupt remember dont S--t on your own door step?
    AS always money rules the LIBOR crooks did it for one reason Money and the top bank bosses took the bonuses from profits created by fraud
    Last edited by wales01man; 5th July 2012, 06:46:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I managed to find their business address: it's

Parking Eye
      40 Eaton Avenue, Buckshaw Village
      Chorley
      Lancashire
      PR7 7NA

I suggest recipients of their (fake) PCNs and (illegal) threats contact Parking Eye and say that they intend to visit PE to discuss their (illegal) activities.

Anyone that takes up this suggestion: please post your findings..

Comment

Originally posted by Justinian View Post

Parking Eye
        Chorley
        Lancashire
        PR7 7NA

I suggest recipients of their (fake) PCNs and (illegal) threats contact Parking Eye and say that they intend to visit PE to discuss their (illegal) activities.

Speaking as a retired policeman, I would not advise peeps to attend their business premises. Firms are known to lie to the police that they are being harassed or intimidated in order that they can avoid having to face up to their wrongdoing. It's one of the hallmarks of a bully - make yourself out to be the victim. Having Parking Eye's business address simply makes it simpler for summonses, etc. to be served. Although, if they have a registered office address, any legal documents should be served at the registered office address or whatever effective address they quote for service of legal documents.

The other thing that comes to mind is that if a county court hearing went against them, it would be easier to give them a taste of their own medicine by sending bailiffs or HCEOs round to their premises to seize any company vehicles, etc..
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Justinian View Post

Parking Eye
          Chorley
          Lancashire
          PR7 7NA

me thinks I will be keeping that lol. don't worry I won't go but with a name like mine I can do anything lol lol lol lol.

Comment

Hi all,

I too have been stung by Parking Eye, but in a different situation. I recently changed my car (approx 5 weeks at the time of writing this), BMW, I used to have a Ford Focus, bear with me, this becomes relevant. Anyway, I visited my local town centre and parked on a car park I reguarly use. I payed for my parking ticket, for the hour, visited the Library and left the car park less than an hour later. This was on the 21st of July. A letter dated the 26th of July was sent to my address to say I had not payed and displayed, and like the OP had pictures of me entering the car park and leaving, 55 mins. Thing is I distinctly remember paying, what I believe may have happend is that I instinctively used the registration of my Ford Focus instead of my BMW when entering my details on their parking meter (still getting used to some things I guess).

I've appealed the decision to say that I DID pay for the ticket, but may have used the registration of my previous car, of course of which I can prove ownership of, coupled with the fact that no other focus with that registration would have been in the same car park at the same time or duration I'm hoping they will drop the £80 fine (£50 if paid within 13 days).

Again its a Parking Charge Notice like the OP which I received via post.

So what say you? Do I have a case, should I pay? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Hi all,

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum as I have just received a letter (yesterday) from Parking Eye. The fine is £90 (£60 if paid by 29/08). The 'fine' has been issued for me using the car park at a local hotel; and I was in the car park (as the pictures show) for an hour and 9 minutes. I use the hotel in question to play squash; and had seen the new signs stating that parking restrictions were in place for persons using the hotel or it's facilities. Obviously I was using the facilities, so I think this 'charge' is out of order.

Now, my questions relate to what do I do next; and what do I do about the futher 3 fines that will be heading my way; as I played squash a further 3 times since the first 'fine' was incurred. There have been 2 cases where I used my wife's car (which is still registered at our previous address; so we won't receive the letter anyway) and once I used my mother's car.

What do I do? Should I attempt the appeals process with written proof from the hotel that I was playing squash on each occasion, or do I simply ignore all the letters?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

There are two things you can do; the first is to ignore the demand-o-grams Parking Eye have sent you. They are not legally-enforceable. The second thing you do - and you only do this if Parking Eye start sending you threat-o-grams - is send a letter yourself or, better still, get a solicitor to write a letter to the management of the hotel warning them of their 100% culpability and liability for the actions of their contractor in making unlawful and unwarranted demands against those making legitimate use of the car park and the hotel's facilities.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by periguintook84 View Post
                  Now, my questions relate to what do I do next; and what do I do about the futher 3 fines that will be heading my way; as I played squash a further 3 times since the first 'fine' was incurred. There have been 2 cases where I used my wife's car (which is still registered at our previous address; so we won't receive the letter anyway) and once I used my mother's car.
                  Ignore them until you have to do what bluebottle suggested.

Your wife must inform the DVLA of your new address - this is important as legitimate tickets would also go astray.

Comment

I would get written proof from the hotel that i was there as a paying customer then tell the parking firm i have this but not send them the copy and inform them that i wish them to take the matter to a civil court as they will no doubt threaten in future where i would produce the proof before a county court judge i can almost write their reply now as i said in previous posts i now look in car parks for the signs posted by these clowns ging to a band q today Sad am I?

Comment

Originally posted by parkingwhat View Post
                      just got 2 more letters same day final notice and saying about court debt collectors without actually saying it properly

just shows to me i have already said in my last letter show me what proof i need or take me to court.......lol
                      Don't send anything to Parking Eye ever. Not one word and not one penny. I can't believe people on here are writing to them, because you don't need to reply. Also you could end up incriminating yourself by saying it was you driving.

You wrote something about what proof you need. You don't need to provide any proof what so ever! In this country you are innocent by default until proven guilty. All the burden of proof rests on the prosecution, it's them who have to prove that you weren't shopping or you weren't disabled etc etc. Not that this mess would even get that far because this is just a threatening looking letter from a cowboy outfit asking for money they can't enforce.
                      Last edited by benc; 21st August 2012, 13:10:PM.

Comment

Damn the bandq yesterday had no notices so im off to other shopping car parks i need my weekly shot of joke threat parking notices agree with above dont give em anything if you want to write to them have some fun then tell us all

Comment

Hi folks wanted some advice with regards to Parking Eye. The car park at my local Starbucks is run by them. A couple of Sundays ago I went for a coffee, but mistakenly arrived there approximately 35 minutes before they opened. I sat in the car and waited, then when they opened I purchased a ticket for one hour, had my coffee and left the car park with about ten minutes to spare.
                          I have now received a 'Parking Charge Notice' for £80, or £50 if I pay within 13 days.
                          I know everyone is saying ignore them but I had already sent an e-mail asking for an appeal. Does this mean Iv'e admitted guilt and have to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrissyP View Post
                            Hi folks wanted some advice with regards to Parking Eye. The car park at my local Starbucks is run by them. A couple of Sundays ago I went for a coffee, but mistakenly arrived there approximately 35 minutes before they opened. I sat in the car and waited, then when they opened I purchased a ticket for one hour, had my coffee and left the car park with about ten minutes to spare.
                            I have now received a 'Parking Charge Notice' for £80, or £50 if I pay within 13 days.
                            I know everyone is saying ignore them but I had already sent an e-mail asking for an appeal. Does this mean Iv'e admitted guilt and have to pay?
                            Pay them...... ZERO!

Its irrelevant whether or not you sent an email, their appeals process is governed by THEM not by any outside agency, they get to decide whether or not you contravened anything, and they will ALWAYS find you guilty.

Have no contact with them, if you recognise the envelopes they are sending to you, simply 'RETURN TO SENDER', they'll simply stop, because they are not going to waste time and money on someone who in their mind isn't there to respond.

Ignore, ignore, ignore, and if in doubt..... IGNORE!!! They have ZERO powers to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Galahad View Post
                              Pay them...... ZERO!

Its irrelevant whether or not you sent an email, their appeals process is governed by THEM not by any outside agency, they get to decide whether or not you contravened anything, and they will ALWAYS find you guilty.

Have no contact with them, if you recognise the envelopes they are sending to you, simply 'RETURN TO SENDER', they'll simply stop, because they are not going to waste time and money on someone who in their mind isn't there to respond.

Ignore, ignore, ignore, and if in doubt..... IGNORE!!! They have ZERO powers to do anything.
                              yeah. agree agree agree, i kept everything just in case, hsbc brilliant i was able to get all reciepts with time and date so if they ever took me to court (which they wont) i get to have some fun,

anyway i found out even if you send receipts to them and bank account proving the receipts were real they will still find you guilty, the letters have stopped and no longer have a car so good luck to them repossessing "air?" lol, i think it was intimidating at first and the unfairness of it and if people don't know their rights....

i think the quote "and the knowledge shall set you free" comes to mind. don't shout at people for not knowing ignorance is no longer bliss and these people prey on people who live in the past and still live by the age old english way of life trusting and doing things by the book if you do this you are screwed be nasty and find loop holes and they love you:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Originally posted by funkyphantom View Post
                                Hi,
                                What a wonderful month I'm having!! Im so glad I've found this website!
                                Has anyone heard of 'Parking Eye'? I have just received a letter through the post with 2 pictures of my vehicle 1 entering a carpark, and 1 exiting the same car park 11 minutes later. I had sat in my car and waited for my wife to finish shopping. I now have a fine of the princely some of £90 (£60 if paid before 8th April) Ive just done a quick google search on them, and turned up threads such as this: Parking Eye - Nasty tricks - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
                                Is it still true that the fine is unenforceable and I should ignore letters, and not make any contact with this company? or should I pay up quickly to avoid the extra £30 fine?
                                Thanks
                                FP
                                I'm really glad I found this website too, but not soon enough to stop from submitting an appeal to Parking Eye for a Parking Charge. We parked on a car park in Newquay, Cornwall for just under 15 minutes because the ticket machine wasn't working and we then realised we couldn't pay by debit card in the machine itself once the parking attendant had changed the ticket roll. we could pay over the phone but i could not get a signal and I did not have any cash. so we left the car park, it appears outside the permitted time. I realise now from the comments made on the various threads that i should not contact the company but I have submitted an appeal and await a response. Does this mean that I have now entered into a contract with them? I am hopeful that they will see sense and realise that we simply entered and left the car park without utilising the facility as intended.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X