• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye

thanks, just in case i kept everything anyway, i took on t-mobile and won which is why they were on watchdog (all of them now) and have to change their policy and just won a case against comet too and they will have to change their policy. i am just angry that it seems like now more than ever as a consumer i'm being beeped from all sides.

i just hope someone sorts them out.

Comment

Sometimes, things happen to us for a reason, Parkingwhat. The victories you have achieved show that change had to come about and you were the catalyst that has brought about that change. However, it appears that fate has much in store for you, but in the way of being a catalyst for change. I was used as a catalyst for change many years ago and it lead to a handy get-out scam for careless employers being knocked on the head. As a result of it, it has improved safety for employees everywhere in cold weather. Approach these challenges in a positive way.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Woo hook got letter number 4 the other day!!

Comment

I too have suffered Parking charge notices from Parkingeye. I did send a written appeal to them but just received a standard letter from them on the day that my options of paying only £50 ran out.. All points I raised were of course ignored. I have now entered the £80 period (plus of course their £30 admin fee) Am I still entitled to ignore this charge notice. I am disabled and was not even aware that this Morrisons car park had changed their policies and any notification they had on display was not obvious. and so I sent a copy of my letter to the manager of the store in Bognor, West Sussex. I have not received a reply from them of course. I was in the carpark for less than an hour and had my disabled badge on display which entitles me to up to 3hours free parking.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggielinda View Post
            I too have suffered Parking charge notices from Parkingeye. I did send a written appeal to them but just received a standard letter from them on the day that my options of paying only £50 ran out.. All points I raised were of course ignored. I have now entered the £80 period (plus of course their £30 admin fee) Am I still entitled to ignore this charge notice. I am disabled and was not even aware that this Morrisons car park had changed their policies and any notification they had on display was not obvious. and so I sent a copy of my letter to the manager of the store in Bognor, West Sussex. I have not received a reply from them of course. I was in the carpark for less than an hour and had my disabled badge on display which entitles me to up to 3hours free parking.
            You may get further letters from them uttering all sorts of might be's, may be's etc, including from Debt Collectors & Solicitors. Have the courage & ignore them. Even if they do issue any proceedings there are those versed in defending in full and Parking Eye lose. All you have is a speculative invoice - it is not a fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggielinda View Post
              Firstly, this is not a fine and could only be enforced by suing you.

Secondly, the best way to make this go away would probably be to tell the Chief Executive of Morrisons Stores about it - dalton.philips@morrisonsplc.co.uk

Once acquainted with the facts - such as Parking Eye ignoring that you are a driver with disabilities - he may wish to give Parking Eye an appropriate ticking off, if not an even more appropriate kicking.

Comment

just got 2 more letters same day final notice and saying about court debt collectors without actually saying it properly

just shows to me i have already said in my last letter show me what proof i need or take me to court.......lol

Comment

Sunderland Eye Infirmary 19/06/2012 - mid-afternoon - I took my daughter to the hospital, parked my car and then bought a parking ticket for £2.00 in respect of 1-2 hours parking after 47 minutes I left the parking area with my daughter and car.
                  On the 27/06/2012 I recieved a Parking Charge Notice to Owner issued by ParkingEye for £40 (£60 if I didn't pay within the next 13 days) - I will write to them now and demand to see the parking machine payroll for the time period that I paid - I'm beginning to think that Parking Eye has reached a new all time low, I assume that this is just a speculative invoice?

Anyone else had the same experience ?

Noghtmare2
                  Sunderland

Comment

Don't expect that your appeal will make the slightest difference - the threat-o-grams will keep rolling in. The main thing is to ignore them from now on and don't pay them a penny.

Comment

PLease people dont slag this firm off might get their solicitors to send a letter
                      LOL LOL LOL LOL

Comment

It is an invoice basically saying if you don't pay they will take you through the county court. The chances of them doing this are very remote, and if they did, the chances of them winning are even more remote.

Google it and you'll find loads. The advice of this site is to ignore everything, though you will read other opinions around the internet.

Comment

Morrisons use a number of PPCs including Parking Eye and Town & City Parking. One T&CP employee in a branch near to where I live told me the firm had told them to tell motorists the car park was owned by the local authority. I contacted the local authority and, surprise, surprise, the car park wasn't owned by the local authority. One day, when the police were called to intervene in a potential Breach of the Peace involving a T&CP employee and an irate motorist, yours truly butted in and let the police officers know exactly who owned the car park. They had some very strong words with said T&CP employee about what they had said to the motorist.

As Labman, Clever Clogs and other posters have said, PCNs issued by PPCs are very difficult, if not, impossible to enforce. Cases have been reported on the LB forums and the media illustrating just how difficult it is to enforce what is, essentially, a speculative invoice. Parking Eye have had part of a claim disallowed by a County Court Judge which left them out of pocket to the tune of around £5,000, OPC and its directors were fined £30,000 by a Magistrates Court and Vehicle Control Services had a claim struck-out and had to pay costs to the motorist they tried to sue.

Comment

Civil penalties that are not permitted by legislation - PCNs issued by local authorities excepted - are not enforceable, despite what Private Parking Companies (PPCs) claim. They tend to be very creative in what they say to obtain money from unwary motorists. If a PPC operates a Pay & Display car park, the only charges they can legitimately recover from an errant motorist is the parking fee for any period of time a motorist has overstayed. Consumer Protection Law does not allow penalties to be imposed in a consumer contract, as a number of PPCs have found to their cost.

Comment

The world has gone mad. Whatever happened to treating other people reasonably and fairly - as you would expect to be treated yourself? It seems the policy now is do unto others before they do unto you. Disgraceful!

Comment

No. It's a hangover from the free-for-all get-rich-quick mentality of the 1980s and the failure of the Thatcher, Major, Blair and Brown governments to effectively regulate. Instead, they deregulated. Now you know why we're in the financial mess we're all in. Lack of proper and effective regulation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X