• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Hi, thanks for any responses

I received a parking charge notice from private eye.

During the weekends a you can park for 24 hours for £5 Bloom st Manchester

On Saturday morning at 07.48 i paid £5 and at 21.48 i left....No worries i thought
    Parking Eye disagree... So i check... I still have the ticket... looking more closely the ticket is actually valid from 07.48 until 08.00 on the same day... 12 minutes! Surely they can't charge me £5 for 12 minutes and then £100 fine for the the time after 8am?

My question is, how should i respond? if at all? They are demanding £100 or £60 for early payment

Please help any advice appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by MancunianT View Post

On Saturday morning at 07.48 i paid £5 and at 21.48 i left....No worries i thought
      Parking Eye disagree... So i check... I still have the ticket... looking more closely the ticket is actually valid from 07.48 until 08.00 on the same day... 12 minutes! Surely they can't charge me £5 for 12 minutes and then £100 fine for the the time after 8am?

My question is, how should i respond? if at all? They are demanding £100 or £60 for early payment

The £5 weekend tariff starts from 8am Sat:
      http://goo.gl/maps/MzXKj

So at worst their losses are £2.00 (1 hr at the weekday rate) for the 12 mins to 8am

I would happily ignore them, alternatively you could appeal explaining your genuine mistake enclosing a cheque for £2 and then appeal to POPLA when they reject your appeal. That will cost them £32 and even asssuming POPLA reject yor appeal, it's not binding on the motorist and you can ignore PE from then on

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
        The £5 weekend tariff starts from 8am Sat:
        http://goo.gl/maps/MzXKj

So at worst their losses are £2.00 (1 hr at the weekday rate) for the 12 mins to 8am

I would happily ignore them, alternatively you could appeal explaining your genuine mistake enclosing a cheque for £2 and then appeal to POPLA when they reject your appeal. That will cost them £32 and even asssuming POPLA reject yor appeal, it's not binding on the motorist and you can ignore PE from then on
        Absolutely. The only money a PPC can legitimately claim is the fee for parking, not any penalty.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I'll ignore

Comment

Originally posted by MancunianT View Post
            Hi, thanks for any responses

Might I suggest you contact Manchester Trading Standards about Parking Eye's ticket machines. There was a case involving dodgy ticket machines in the Midlands which resulted in the company involved having the machines seized in a swoop by Trading Standards and police.

Comment

Hi All

First time ive been on here but need some help from you knowledgeable bunch.

I recieved a letter from Parking Eye on Saturday with pictures of me & my car entering and leaving the Beehive Retail Centre car park (Cambridge) requesting I pay £50 (Or £85 after 14 days). This car park has a free 3hour parking system but with NO machines to buy a tciket if going over that time limit. Do they have the power or authority to enforce this letter? I have read on previous pages No and to ignore them, but im not too sure with the recent changes taking place?

Thank you in avdance and I look forward to hearing the replies!!

Comment

The demand is IMO unlawful. They have lost nothing and are, therefore, not entitled to any recompense. If they do not provide machines for those wishing to park for longer period, that is their fault, not motorists.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  The demand is IMO unlawful.

It's not unlawful, unenforceable maybe, but not unlawful

If they do not provide machines for those wishing to park for longer period, that is their fault, not motorists.
                  That's an odd point of view.
                  They're under no obligation whatsoever to provide machines for those wishing to park for longer period. in fact they deliberately don't because
                  a) the landowner feels 3hrs is sufficient time for most customers and want to discourage long term parking
                  b) PE wouldn't make any money.

However, still doesn't make it enforceable.

Comment

That's an odd point of view.
                    They're under no obligation whatsoever to provide machines for those wishing to park for longer period. in fact they deliberately don't because
                    a) the landowner feels 3hrs is sufficient time for most customers and want to discourage long term parking
                    b) PE wouldn't make any money.

However, still doesn't make it enforceable.
                    Be aware that the Equality Act 2010 can affect the length of time allowed for parking, in particular, the "Reasonable Adjustments" provisions. Some local authorities have fallen foul of this and had to change their parking policy to accommodate this. PPCs and their landowner clients are not exempt either.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                      Be aware that the Equality Act 2010 can affect the length of time allowed for parking, in particular, the "Reasonable Adjustments" provisions.

What's that got to do with this case? A complete red herring. ajgray1981 has made no mention of being disabled or disadvantaged in any way

Some local authorities have fallen foul of this and had to change their parking policy to accommodate this. .
                      Got any links to examples that would be relevant to a 3hr limit?

Comment

Hey guys

No I have no disability or disadvantage its just that its a rather large retail park with restaurants and a supermarket which on this day decided to make use of all. I didnt realise there was a 3 hr limit and as mentioned even if I did there are no machines to pay for additional time?

Thanks!

Comment

i live in cambridge and use the beehive on a rgular basis and i've been told by the staff at asda that if you stay morethan three hours you're suppoosed to go to the security box and make a payment there .

Comment

Really Seduraed?? Is that advertised anywhere?

Comment

Got any links to examples that would be relevant to a 3hr limit?
                              Varies according to which local authorities have been caught on the hop. Parking Charge Notice, as advised by Michael, is unenforceable.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for all the replies! Still not 100% sure on what to do so thought I would attach a copy of the notice from Parking eye for you to look over.
                                Thanks again for your help and I look forward to your replies.
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X