• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Originally posted by ticketcollector View Post
    To everyone out there that has been sent a letter asking to pay a fine, I am now on my seventh set of letters, they usualy come in sets of four or five for each "incident", gradually getting more threatening then ending up as a debt collecting agency, threatening baliffs, court appearences and the threat of losing your credit rating. I have never had so much amusement in my life as I do when I recieve one of these letters, I even go out of my way to use these car parks to collect more of them. I do now however have to use my partners / familys cars as they ignore mine these days, just did a 12 hour stint and not a peep from them. So. enjoy the letters, laugh at them, dont respond and cherish the warm feeling that each letter costs them to post, then go and park in the same place all over again, I may also start to wave at the camera on the way out :santa_smiley:

While I can see your point, and indeed your enjoyment in ignoring the letters, I don't think parking there purely to irritate and make a point should be particularly encouraged. Sorry to be a bah humbug!

Comment

Can't say that I'm not tempted but don't think I have your resolve () for putting up with spam - its bound to get under my skin, sooner or later.

Personally, I have no problems with having to pay for something with reason but definitely not for extortion!.

Comment

Originally posted by nemo View Post

Personally, I have no problems with having to pay for something with reason but definitely not for extortion!.
        Nor, I would imagine, when they have no right to demand the money. If I sent you an invoice you wouldn't pay it. It is only the same, but people don't see it like that.

Comment

I see PE are taking over my home town (Barrow-in-Furness), over the past couple of weeks they've put camera's and signs up on nearly all the retail parks.

They're like a damn disease !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
            I see PE are taking over my home town (Barrow-in-Furness), over the past couple of weeks they've put camera's and signs up on nearly all the retail parks.

They're like a damn disease !!!
            That's because, like most PPCs, they go around convincing retail park operators they have a problem with parking when, in fact, they don't.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              Nor, I would imagine, when they have no right to demand the money. If I sent you an invoice you wouldn't pay it. It is only the same, but people don't see it like that.
              A friend of mine has just walked in the office having collected several threatening and unpleasant letters from UKCPS from Exeter, another firm along the lines of ParkingEye, a quick read of this forum has put her mind as rest, UKCPS are notorious and quite well documented on this consumer site http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...om-UKCPS-%A375!
              I'm just wondering how many people do actualy pay their "fines" to keep these firms solvent?

Comment

I've had a couple from UKCPS. The last one I got, I asked him if it was a Penalty Charge Notice or a Parking Charge Notice. When he replied it was a Parking Charge I said, 'That's good, I don't have to pay that then!' and handed my ticket back to him. He took it foolishly, then said I don't want this, it's yours. I told him I wasn't accepting it, and if he dropped it he could be caught on camera littering and receive a fine! lol

NOT to be advised at all.

For anoyone who wants to do a good deed though, these are excellent:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=73598

Comment

Nothing new based on what I have read here, however as a single person with not a lot of disposable income I could really do with advice on what to do with my Parking Eye, "Parking Notice"!!! I have been charged £85 (£50) if I pay it by tomorrow, for being in Morrison's car park in Falkirk over the 3hr free car parking, though I did return to my car within the three hours then chose to go and do some shopping and have lunch within the store on my return. My Parking Charge Notice has photos of my car entering and leaving the car park with the date and times...what should I do and is the law different in Scotland???

Comment

It is, in as much as the Protection of Freedoms Act doesn't apply in Scotland, so they can't chase4 the registered owner if they don't know who the driver is.

Anyway, regardless of that, save your £85 (£50), just ignore them and enjoy Christmas.

Comment

Thank you very much and I will take your advice, best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful and uncertain View Post
                        Thank you very much and I will take your advice, best wishes
                        Remember they do occasionally send you letters where they have had their Red Crayons out or from a "supposed" Solicitor. Again do not respond but ignore.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Hi guys, i have received a parking charge notice saying to pay £100 in 28 days reduced to £60 if payed within 14 days after pulling into a motorway service area and fell asleep in my car. After seeing various posts on various websites, do i have to pay this?

Comment

Originally posted by gavlar761 View Post
                              Hi guys, i have received a parking charge notice saying to pay £100 in 28 days reduced to £60 if payed within 14 days after pulling into a motorway service area and fell asleep in my car. After seeing various posts on various websites, do i have to pay this?
                              Have a read of the relevant bit of this - you shoul then have all the facts necessary to make a decision. FWIW, the common decision on here at present seems to be to ignore totally. I'm not aware yet of anyone who has used the ppeals process:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Comment

I expect there'll be more activity on this subject very soon after the boxing day sales, loads of folk parked up for hours waiting for the stores to open in order to grab the best bargain.
                                I bet they didn't bargain on PE having a bonanza time sending out statements to them..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X