• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Why did POPLA refuse the appeal?

Mitigation, at a guess. They don't give a rats ass if you have a reason/excuse. That's what genuine pre estimate of loss is for.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Mitigation, at a guess. They don't give a rats ass if you have a reason/excuse. That's what genuine pre estimate of loss is for.
      And the faulty machine - which made payment impossible - would not have been considered at all?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        And the faulty machine - which made payment impossible - would not have been considered at all?
        Nope.

M1

Comment

POPLA refused because they said we were issued a ticket. I don't think they have looked into the case as there wasn't an apparent reason.

Comment

M1
            Hi, im just trying to get a handle on these things. excuse my ignorance but what does that mean?
            cheers
            stephen

Comment

It means don't tell them why because they don't care.

You need technical arguments to win. See http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

M1

Comment

It means don't tell them why because they don't care.

You need technical arguments to win. See http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

M1
                The penny may have dropped. Mitigation being the reason- they dont care about the mitigating circumstances. "Thats what a genuine pre estimate of loss is for"- meaning, you use this argument in your case because its a valid point, and not just a mere mitigating circumstance, which carries little weight.
                I think i understand, (it only took 20min on google lol)
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
                  The penny may have dropped. Mitigation being the reason- they dont care about the mitigating circumstances. "Thats what a genuine pre estimate of loss is for"- meaning, you use this argument in your case because its a valid point, and not just a mere mitigating circumstance, which carries little weight.
                  I think i understand, (it only took 20min on google lol)
                  thanks

:thumb:

M1

Comment

I appealed and they made it unsuccessful, then I appealed to POPLA and I won and saved £100.

I won on the basis that their losses did not justify their charge of the £100......fight fight fight but your reasons have to be right.....read the POPLA site thoroughly. POPLA are great. A light of reason in the darkened and greedy world of parking.... Gud luck. :-).

A proud fighter...

Comment

I appealed and they made it unsuccessful, then I appealed to POPLA and I won and saved £100.

I won on the basis that their losses did not justify their charge of the £100......fight fight fight but your reasons have to be right.....read the POPLA site thoroughly. POPLA are great. A light of reason in the darkened and greedy world of parking.... Gud luck. :-).

A proud fighter...

Comment

I'm wondering what to do about this £85 parking charge where I genuinely am in violation of the terms they set out?
                        I stayed over the 2 hour limit in a retail car park, but didn't receieve the letter as it was delivered to my mum's house that I had moved out of.
                        By the time I read the letter, there were two others accompanying it, and I nearly paid until I gave the company a quick google. That was me sated, I wasn't going to pay it.
                        But then 2 days ago I got a fourth letter warning me about how they'll be taking me to county court, which WILL incur AT LEAST £50 in solicitor's costs and £15 in court claim issue fees.

So, the long and short, they seem to be getting pretty serious about this now, and I am in violation of their terms. Should I give in and pay the £85?

Comment

Originally posted by Gavandeshaq View Post
                          I'm wondering what to do about this £85 parking charge where I genuinely am in violation of the terms they set out?
                          I stayed over the 2 hour limit in a retail car park, but didn't receieve the letter as it was delivered to my mum's house that I had moved out of.
                          By the time I read the letter, there were two others accompanying it, and I nearly paid until I gave the company a quick google. That was me sated, I wasn't going to pay it.
                          But then 2 days ago I got a fourth letter warning me about how they'll be taking me to county court, which WILL incur AT LEAST £50 in solicitor's costs and £15 in court claim issue fees.

So, the long and short, they seem to be getting pretty serious about this now, and I am in violation of their terms. Should I give in and pay the £85?

Their terms have no statutory backing and generally are not contractual terms of an significant force.

You can pay if you can't be bothered to fight or you can fight although you must realise that you may lose even though you shouldn't.

Is the driver and keeper the same ?

M1

Comment

Is the driver and keeper the same ?

M1
                            Yeah, I am the driver and the keeper, no other people drive my car.

I live in Wales, where the 'offence' took place, and then I've come back to stay with my parents for Christmas in England, I'm wondering what they'll be able to do to chase me up once I go back to Wales...

Comment

I live in Wales,
                              Move to Scotland. :grin:

Comment

Yeah, I am the driver and the keeper, no other people drive my car.

I live in Wales, where the 'offence' took place, and then I've come back to stay with my parents for Christmas in England, I'm wondering what they'll be able to do to chase me up once I go back to Wales...
                                Send a few letters then perhaps take you to court. Taking someone to court doesn't guarantee them a win though. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...4&postcount=65

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X