• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Originally posted by Madgeordie View Post
    Hi thanks for the link to the letter in post 592. Bit confused though, as it has a green heading Letter of Appeal - do I include this? Also, just above sec. 4(a), it states it is not an appeal? Only received letter a couple of days ago and have done nothing yet (other than search internet for advice) and plan to use this letter. Thanks
    Sorry, you've got me confused now (doesn't take much! ). I posted the link for another poster. I see this your first post. Would you care to tell us the circumstances around your Parking Charge Notice and we'll help as best we can? :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
      Sorry, you've got me confused now (doesn't take much! ). I posted the link for another poster. I see this your first post. Would you care to tell us the circumstances around your Parking Charge Notice and we'll help as best we can? :beagle:
      Hi, sorry like you say my first post. You provided link to an appeal letter which I am interested in using. I received a letter from parkingeye for overstaying a 3 hour free car park by 19 minutes (no option to buy ticket). I have not responded to it yet but the 'discount' period ends 12/9/13. I have a receipt for a small purchase from one of the retail stores (don't know who actually owns the car park). I think I should have posted my queries to the original post as not sure if to include the green heading which says its an appeal, but in the body of the letter states it is not. Would also like more information e.g. who has used it so far and the responses etc.

I get the impression parkingeye are now going to court as a matter of course and probably don't have a particularly strong case for not paying. So any informed advice is most welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me.

Comment

Guys,

You do want to appeal. Make your own letter up but don't let on who was driving. The objective isn't really to write a winning letter because that is 99.9% not going to happen. The objective is to get a popla code and a proper appeal, along these lines , has a great chance of success.

Something along the lines of

Dear Sirs,

I am appealing your ticket because i don't believe you are the landowner and in any case it's a penalty. In the event you disallow my appeal please forward a Popla code for me to utilise.

xxxx

M1

Comment

Hi everyone

First of all, sorry if this has all been covered before on this site. There are so many posts on this subject that it's difficult to read them all, but please feel free to refer me to any posts that are relevant.

A family member received a dreaded PCN through the post recently, totally oblivious to the fact that they had parked in a Private Car Park where charges apply 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
          I've appealed using the ParkingEye website but they've just replied asking for more information ............... and without providing me with the necessary POPLA code.

This Car Park at Town Quay, Southampton, has been there for some years and is local to us but charging for overnight parking must be a recent change. Having revisited the scene at night, it's the badly illuminated signs on the approach into the Car Park which, to me, doesn't provide enough warning to car drivers. I attached photo's with my appeal in evidence, but they made no mention of them in their response letter.

Thet are asking who the driver was at the time. What should I do I now? Having read some other posts, I believe that witholding the identity of the driver is 'an Ace up my sleeve.' Should I give them these details or just write back requesting a POPLA code?

Here are the attachments of all correspondence.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice of them to acknowledge that you have appealed.

Dear Dufus,

Give me the popla code that you conveniently forgot so that i can win at popla and cost you £27.

There is no statutory requirement for me do identify the driver and i will not do so at this time.

I note that you ask for payment which is against the BPA code of practice for dealing with appeals.

If in fact you are unsure of your position i suggest you seek legal advice.

I look forward to my popla code.

xxx

or

Dear Dufus,

Give me my popla code.

xxx

M1

Comment

Easy mistake to make (cough!!!!!)

Comment

Hi all just joined having received a notice from Parking Eye for overstaying the free 2 hours in a Morrison's car park by 1 hour. Whilst I did shop in Morrison the rest of the time I was in a local park. "Parking Charge" is £50 increasing to £85 if not paid by 9 Oct.

I was going to appeal to PE using a template letter from this site, however have just looked at PE's website news section and see they are claiming to win 90% of court cases which all appear in the summary's detailed to be on the basis of the content of the appeal template letters (not a reflection of actual loss, no contract etc).

See here : http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/news

I appreciate that they would say that, but given this apparent success rate how many appeals to POPLA on this basis are really going to succeed and I'm concerned that PE appear to be taking a far more litigious approach - references to processing summons in bulk? I've seen figures that suggest 60% of appeals are successful and wonder how many of the remainder end up in court or are settled before getting that far?

Trying to weigh up the likelihood of success. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Comment

What they claim may be true, because of those that make it to court, the vast majority go undefended and they get default judgment because the other party didn't turn up. That's why their success rate is so high.

PE appeals - pretty much 100% turned down, and only done to get the POPLA code. POPLA appeals currently run at about 66% success. I'm not aware of a single one from LB not having succeeded. :beagle:
                  Last edited by labman; 27th September 2013, 21:21:PM. Reason: rushing!

Comment

Originally posted by simonjc1 View Post
                    Hi all just joined having received a notice from Parking Eye for overstaying the free 2 hours in a Morrison's car park by 1 hour. Whilst I did shop in Morrison the rest of the time I was in a local park. "Parking Charge" is £50 increasing to £85 if not paid by 9 Oct.

I was going to appeal to PE using a template letter from this site, however have just looked at PE's website news section and see they are claiming to win 90% of court cases which all appear in the summary's detailed to be on the basis of the content of the appeal template letters (not a reflection of actual loss, no contract etc).

See here : http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/news

I appreciate that they would say that, but given this apparent success rate how many appeals to POPLA on this basis are really going to succeed and I'm concerned that PE appear to be taking a far more litigious approach - references to processing summons in bulk? I've seen figures that suggest 60% of appeals are successful and wonder how many of the remainder end up in court or are settled before getting that far?

Trying to weigh up the likelihood of success. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...128#post375128

Popla is the answer. I wouldn't be 100 % confident but i'd be as near a damn it.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Puff67 View Post
                      Further to my "bleat" about TPS - store in question has now agreed to take up the case - spent a lot of money in the store and was advised that overstay was fine while there as they could not sort out the prob so had to wait - they will now deal with it - this ultimate conclusion was not without a hassle I might add - but live in hope that this is the case! Parking Eye and now 8 months on I have no clue as to what will yet ensue - that's another matter - but not throwing in the towel at all. Stay strong all whom have fallen foul - we need to get a "fair" result
                      Long time since I dealt with all of this - but suffice to say that since my last post all threat-o -grams gone away/disappeared - nothing more heard from TPS and Parking Eye's "Let's get 'em scheisters"! Stores in question - whom I shopped at - have all since lost my business. Tho TPS scenario has taken some time - at least the store fought "my" case, so we will continue to shop there - but in spite of what they tell us - be aware! Happy Days for these Silver Surfers!

Comment

I just won a cancellation of a "parking charge" notice without even going anywhere near PoPla. The Parking notice arrived 3 days out of time! And I started my letter by stating I had no idea who the driver was therefore they must have sent me a notice under PoF Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9(1).

This then kicks in Schedule 4, Section 9 (5)! Check you have received your notice in time!!!!!! Mine was dated a Friday, and sent by second class post. For my charge to have been "valid" it would have to have been received by the day after (as that would have been the expiry of the 14 days). Section 9(6) clearly states that the notice is deemed to be received the second working day after it was posted - so Tuesday! three days later than would have been valid I pointed this out and had a letter this week saying charge cancelled due to my representations!

Comment

Excellent Ker - the rules are there for a reason. If they can try to penalise you for having 1mm of a tyre touching the white line marking out the parking space, you can penalise them for not sticking to the rules. It is quite right the invoice was cancelled. :beagle:

Comment

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-411802
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

has anyone asked where your details for the parking notice came from?, and if it was from dvla as I suspect mine is, as I have recently got on of these notices does it not contravene dvla's own data protection policy for supplying details to a third party. and not a government organisation etc.? I am no lawyer but surely I cant get details of a vehicle or names etc from the dvla so how and why can they? and for what genuine reasons are they using to get these details from dvla if that is their source,

anyway has anyone ever seen or got a copy of parking eyes data protection policy which should be in the public domain?

surely its a civil matter between the driver and the land owner not a third party!

I am ignoring mine anyway?

Comment

mine came from a aldi supermarket car park my other half shopping in store and she is disabled and undergoing cancer treatment, me paying my respects to the fallen service personell and laying a wreath at a monument just down the road, they say I over stayed the 90mins they allocate, I was in the company of the town mayor and many other civic officials and members of the public, main roads closed off due to remeberance parade by the police. my partner and me combined the two things at once her shopping me paying respects.

so if they are so disrespectful to the fallen by doing such on a sunday ie issueing a parking charge? they can whistle for my money not very community minded or respectful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X