• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Could our banks actually organise one in a brewery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could our banks actually organise one in a brewery?

I 'opened' a new bank account on March 5th with our local Lloyds branch (I know, I know - should have known better) but Mr S has his business account there so thought I'd centralise all our income. I knew they'd had problems but as it's like the wild west out there all the banks seem to be there purely to do us a disservice so am under no illusion that there's a choice for anyone on a modest wage.

I am still waiting for Santander to close the account, they won't. They wouldn't release any money to Lloyds and are still paying direct debits and Lloyds are also paying different ones. Great - charges by Lloyds now but no money in there. God only knows where my salary will end up.

Naturally, I'm getting really stressed about this and a tad angry that they can be this sloppy. The cynic in me says they just want to get charges whichever way they can. Where are the days gone when you just went to work and paid your bills and nothing got in the way to make that nearly impossible to achieve?

Shadowcat is feeling very.......
    Tags: None

Re: Could our banks actually organise one in a brewery?

If there was a list of the worst banks I'm sure that Santander would be up the top, total shysters, I do hope you get this sorted out soon.

Comment

It is Sapphy, I looked at some ratings and they certainly are at the bottom every time. I've had a shedload of issues with them so thought any other bank would be an improvement. To be honest, I wanted to find an independant building society but they're so few and far between these days that my closest one is too far away to keep going into, which I would have to do as the cash machines aren't linked. Am I right in thinking the Post Office no longer offer accounts?

Comment

Not sure about the Post office hun. We've got Nationwide Flex accounts and I have to say that they are fab, I do everything online with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowcat View Post
          I 'opened' a new bank account on March 5th with our local Lloyds branch (I know, I know - should have known better) but Mr S has his business account there so thought I'd centralise all our income. I knew they'd had problems but as it's like the wild west out there all the banks seem to be there purely to do us a disservice so am under no illusion that there's a choice for anyone on a modest wage.

I am still waiting for Santander to close the account, they won't. They wouldn't release any money to Lloyds and are still paying direct debits and Lloyds are also paying different ones. Great - charges by Lloyds now but no money in there. God only knows where my salary will end up.
          Why won't Santander close the account? Did you complete an account transfer form with Lloyds, ie transferring all DD's and Standing Orders(although personally on Standing Orders I'd transfer them myself and with some Direct Debits I'd contact the firms directly? The reasons I ask this is to determine who's fault it is and who will be refunding charges based on the failure of this process.....
          Naturally, I'm getting really stressed about this and a tad angry that they can be this sloppy. The cynic in me says they just want to get charges whichever way they can. Where are the days gone when you just went to work and paid your bills and nothing got in the way to make that nearly impossible to achieve?

Shadowcat is feeling very.......
          See above in red cos I am pretty good at getting money in compo out of banks
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thanks leclerc, completed the account transfer form at Lloyds and they have finally transferred all DD's. It was just the cash amount that Santander wouldn't release. I phoned Santander this morning and closed the account myself, for some reason they wouldn't let Lloyds do it. Lloyds just kept putting requests in for the money to be transferred and were ignored by Santander. No charges at present, Lloyds assured me of this. As far as I can tell, blame lays with Santander for not transferring the money and closing the account.

I phoned the Ombudsman who sticks to the script everytime "complain, give them 8 weeks, blah blah". Great, I'll tell my creditors to give me 8 weeks while these two banks work out where I'm supposed to be. Give me strength.

Comment

Thanks leclerc, completed the account transfer form at Lloyds and they have finally transferred all DD's. It was just the cash amount that Santander wouldn't release. I phoned Santander this morning and closed the account myself, for some reason they wouldn't let Lloyds do it. Lloyds just kept putting requests in for the money to be transferred and were ignored by Santander. No charges at present, Lloyds assured me of this. As far as I can tell, blame lays with Santander for not transferring the money and closing the account.

I phoned the Ombudsman who sticks to the script everytime "complain, give them 8 weeks, blah blah". Great, I'll tell my creditors to give me 8 weeks while these two banks work out where I'm supposed to be. Give me strength.
              can you ask LloydsTSB to provide a copy of the account transfer form which should include a line in there about closing the account and sending the money out to either you or the bank.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/media/lloyd...10901_0609.pdf
              The above is a blank form but if the box in part 3 has a cross in that then Santander better be offering some compo for failing to do their job properly

Comment

Thanks for that. Will definitely pursue this as hitting their pockets is the only way forward.

Comment

You had better have put an "X" in the box otherwise you have to remember to read EVERYTHING prior to signing .

If the "X" is there, then we're going after them

Comment

I doubt I would have put an X in any box, I just signed what they asked. Changed accounts before and it was all straightforward, I forget we're in a new and nasty era with these hideous organisations.

Comment

I doubt I would have put an X in any box, I just signed what they asked. Changed accounts before and it was all straightforward, I forget we're in a new and nasty era with these hideous organisations.
                      If you did not put an "X" in the box then Santander are 100% correct in not closing the account since they did not have your permission to do so, only transfer the Direct Debits and Standing Orders.

Comment

I'll go into the bank next week and ask to see what I signed. I'll let you know.

Comment

Love your post. I have some facts which I am quite willing to openly and freely post and which relate to the recovery actions of HSBC, First Direct, Barclays, Egg/CitiGroup and others. in particular, I have proven evidence of the fraudulent actions taken by financial institutions in setting up 'Companies/Debt Collectors/Solicitors' to recover unpaid debt which has already been either fully assigned/undewritten or claimed against tax liabilities.

If you can advise as to where that statement should be issued to gain maximum coverage I would be grateful.

Regards

Arthur Shuter
                          Last edited by Curlyben; 18th September 2012, 12:52:PM. Reason: Contact information removed

Comment

Hi Arthur, sorry I've been taken up with Swift trying to turf us out of our home so have just read this post. Are you still open to sharing what you know?

Comment

I 'opened' a new bank account on March 5th with our local Lloyds branch (I know, I know - should have known better) [....] I am still waiting for Santander to close the account, they won't.
                              After Santander, anything is an improvement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X