• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consortium Reclaim -cold Calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consortium Reclaim -cold Calls

Hi jenni46

Well done for spreading the message.
    Hope you don't mind, I've highlighted your post to Tuttsi, our Claims Management Company expert.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

We have already sent the complaint from Legal Beagles to the MOJ and they are definately investigating this lot.

Please let us know when you hear something.

Originally posted by jenni46 View Post
      We have unfortunately fallen into the trap of this bunch of scamming swindlers. We have had claims with them for one year and still don't seem to be any further forward despite numerous phone calls. Yesterday, we were again 'fobbed off' with lame excuses and I have now lodged a formal complaint with both themselves and the Ministry of Justice. We are now in a position where we cannot repay the inflated and exorbitant credit card bills having spent £12,000 of our savings on keeping up with repayments. As a result of their cavalier and indifferent business methods we may lose our excellent credit rating and at worse may lose our home.
      I am posting on as many financial websites as I can find about this gang of robbing crooks. I would be pleased to hear how anyone has got on with them and the Ministry of Justice concerning complaints.

Comment

I hope that you have success, soo glad I reported this lot and fobbed them off when they called.
        Xx DT
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

An update on chasing these rogues. Today we have contacted Consumer Direct who advised we send a recorded delivery letter to CR outlining the fact that they are in breach of contract as they state in their Terms that a reasonable time for completion is 6 to 9 months (we are currently waiting for closure one year after commencing the claim). Also they understand they have broken Rule 11 of Claims Management Regulations laid down by the Ministry of Justice as they took fees from various credit card companies before we received any paperwork to sign authorising them to go ahead with the claim. They have also passed the case to our local Trading Standards and we expect them to contact us shortly. Finally, we contacted the Ministry of Justice who made a note of these details and told us that an officer will ring us in a day or two so we should be able to clarify the details of Rule 11 with them. Until we hear from them, we are holding back on sending CR a letter in order that we get our facts right. Hopefully we will be able to resolve this once and for all and that appropriate action is taken against CR. I will keep updating.

Comment

Jenni, well done for getting the attention of the MOJ, TS and Consumer Direct.

I have had so many people other than Consortium other Claims Management Companies who have not responded even after 2 years and getting back their initial money they have had to wait in excess of 30 days. After they have come here and we have told them to obtain their initial money back.

This CMC's tend to break some rules, but we are finally bringing all these to the MOJ's attention for the ones that hit our radar that and where they are not acting within the rules. I have to say I did not know that rule and now I do god help those companies that break that particular rule.

I will now search out the MOJ rules and have a read through. x

Comment

Re: cold call

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
              I will ask admin to do it. It will just help others searching the internet to see what is going on.

I can also confirm that we are sending the MOJ details of this company so watch this space......
              I've stupidly fallen into their trap. I was cold called last year and their fee was added to my CC The explaination given was that fee would be wiped off the debt on the card once they'd won the case. If they didn't win their fee would be refunded. My case was passed on to a "barrister" and a fee had to payed to them.

I contacted them the "barrister" today and was told by a girl on the phone that an update would be emailed to me today. As of writting the email has still not arrived.

I'm beginning to think I've been conned and I don't know where to turn.

HELP
              Last edited by Trottsky; 24th April 2012, 16:12:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Was the alleged barrister genuine (check the Bar Directory here) or is he just a barrista at Starbucks? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Re: cold call

Sorry I dont understand what barrister did you call?

Normally they pass to a solicitor a solicitor normally then if the case is good put to a barrister. That would cost many thousand of pounds. Most cases of wiping out credit card debts is a no go area. So believe as you say you may have been conned.

When did they first contact you?

How much did you pay up front fees?

What date did you pay upfront fees?

Did you read the T&C's before you paid.

Can you pop up the T &C's please.

Originally posted by Trottsky View Post
                  I've stupidly fallen into their trap. I was cold called last year and their fee was added to my CC The explaination given was that fee would be wiped off the debt on the card once they'd won the case. If they didn't win their fee would be refunded. My case was passed on to a "barrister" and a fee had to payed to them.

I contacted them the "barrister" today and was told by a girl on the phone that an update would be emailed to me today. As of writting the email has still not arrived.

I'm beginning to think I've been conned and I don't know where to turn.

HELP

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    Was the alleged barrister genuine (check the Bar Directory here) or is he just a barrista at Starbucks? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                    I don't know if the barrister was genuine or not, I don't even know his name. I know, I know...I've been a mug

Comment

Originally posted by Trottsky View Post
                      I don't know if the barrister was genuine or not, I don't even know his name.
                      Could you ask the telephone bint to whom you spoke earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Could you ask the telephone bint to whom you spoke earlier?
                        Just had an email from the barristers company, Credit Clear Services Limited
                        , giving me an update on my case. They are saying that Barclays are challenging when the credit agreement was signed by myself. They say it was after 2007 and the terms of the agreement are enforcable. They don't have any evidence to back this claim up so the barrister is challenging the banks claim.

To answer some other questions, I paid £714.00 added to my CC and £145.00 paid by bank transfer to CCS.

Comment

Without you answering all my question I am unable to help you further.

It is not normal to speak to a Barister directly.you probably just spoke to a worker at CCS.

You have paid in full so far £859 - so how long ago was that?

Has Consortium or CCS asked Barclays for the signed credit agreement and what did this so called barister say?

How do you know you spoke to a barister?

What was his name and have you checked he is a member of the bar?

A barister would be able to deal with this adequately but would cost many thousands of pounds - who is paying for the barister or is he doing it pro-bono?

A lot of things are not adding up here.

Credit Clear Services are just another Claims Managment Company and are not BARISTERS, you can ask next time you speak to them what qualifications he holds as a barrister, his/her name and if he/she is a member of the Bar.

Consumer Credit Agreements.

Your path to financial freedom

Credit Clear Services has evolved since its inception in 2007 in to a B2B provider of auditing and legal packaging services covering a wide range of Consumer Credit claims.
                          We have invested a huge amount of time and money in learning our trade and researching what has now become a successful solution for Claims Management Companies, Solicitor and financial service providers who champion the Consumer arguments against lenders, Banks and Insurance institutions.
                          We have worked with many Solicitors and Barristers and even Court judges taking advice and learning from their experience and expertise to develop our knowledge.
                          See our case study pages for more information about what we are able to do for you
                          Case Studies
                          Service

Expect Great Things

Our service is to support and assist front line companies who deal with Consumers in all areas of claims and financial services. We provide audit and assessment of financial agreements including Loans, Credit card, Hire Purchase, and mortgage contracts to identify all possible areas of claim against the lender.
                          We will then advise and pursue lender claims and package a case in preparation of legal action in accordance with SRA guidelines. This means that the acting Solicitor or Barrister will receive a fully packaged case ready to work.
                          We also assist in arranging plans to assist the referring companys client in the event of debt related problems.
                          We also conduct similar packaging and case preparation for claims against insurance products and some investment products, where advisors and lender have acted inappropriately.

Beware

Some things in life come at a price

Everything in life comes at a price. Some Claims Management Companies charge significant upfront fees (as much as ONE THOUSAND POUNDS per claim) for this service, and some then also charge a “success” fee of 30% of the total debt challenged.
                          At Credit Clear Services we work with other Claims Management Companies and charge them a small administration fee for processing each case that potentially will end with a solicitor working on a Defended Action basis.
                          Credit Clear Services DO NOT charge a 30% fee of the total debt challenged, in fact we DO NOT charge any success fees whatsoever.
                          Credit Clear Services DO NOT claim to be unique in the way we work unenforceable credit agreements. Defended Action cases are common place in law and not unique to any specific Claims Management company.
                          Credit Clear Services DO NOT sell any claims management products direct to the consumer. We only deal with reputable Claims Management Companies.

Credit Clear Services is regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of regulated claims management activities. Registration Number CRM12580. Its registration is recorded on the website Claims management regulation

except they state that they pass this to a solicitor or barrister.
                          Service

Expect Great Things

Our service is to support and assist front line companies who deal with Consumers in all areas of claims and financial services. We provide audit and assessment of financial agreements including Loans, Credit card, Hire Purchase, and mortgage contracts to identify all possible areas of claim against the lender.
                          We will then advise and pursue lender claims and package a case in preparation of legal action in accordance with SRA guidelines. This means that the acting Solicitor or Barrister will receive a fully packaged case ready to work.
                          We also assist in arranging plans to assist the referring companys client in the event of debt related problems.
                          We also conduct similar packaging and case preparation for claims against insurance products and some investment products, where advisors and lender have acted inappropriately.
                          Last edited by TUTTSI; 25th April 2012, 17:08:PM.

Comment

To answer your questions. I haven't spoken to a barrister, only a girl representing CCS. I paid the upfront fees about 6 to 7 months ago. From the email I've received, CCS has asked for my signed agreement but as yet nothing has appeared from Barclays.

[quote=TUTTSI;261966]Without you answering all my question I am unable to help you further.

It is not normal to speak to a Barister directly.you probably just spoke to a worker at CCS.

You have paid in full so far £859 - so how long ago was that?

Has Consortium or CCS asked Barclays for the signed credit agreement and what did this so called barister say?

How do you know you spoke to a barister?

What was his name and have you checked he is a member of the bar?

A barister would be able to deal with this adequately but would cost many thousands of pounds - who is paying for the barister or is he doing it pro-bono?

A lot of things are not adding up here.

Credit Clear Services are just another Claims Managment Company and are not BARISTERS, you can ask next time you speak to them what qualifications he holds as a barrister, his/her name and if he/she is a member of the Bar.

Comment

As an update - we have sent a very detailed letter to company outlining 'Breaches of Contract' and 'Breaches of Ministry of Justice Regulations'. CR have 28 days to reply. Have also received a letter from local trading standards who want to examine the company as possible unfair business practice which may be a criminal breach of trading standards legislation.
                              Will keep updated.

Comment

Please keep us informed as we are meeting with the MOJ and this is the type of case we can show th from a consumer point of view.

It sounds like the TS person has a great understanding of the MOJ rules.

Just had another member with another cmc get back £3k she paid 20 months ago and there was no claim and they just sat on the money. It took 6 weeks of nagging before she was paid out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X