• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

"Gap insurance" ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gap insurance" ppi

Hi
    I am considering claiming against Vauxhall motors regarding Gap insurance mis-selling, has anyone tried to do this ?
    Tags: None

Re: "Gap insurance" ppi

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

Do you know if this is payment protection insurance (PPI)?

Comment

I understand like any insurance, if you believe it was mis sold, you can try making a reclaim.

Although PPI is generally to cover for sickness/unemployment, am I correct in saying this is another type of protection?

However, if you want to make a reclaim on this insurance you are in your right to do so if you think it was mis sold, by following the same procedures as you would when making a reclaim for PPI.

Use the questionnaire as on link below, these were issued by the financial ombudsman service (FOS) for customers to use to make a reclaim, keep a copy for yourself in case you need to complain to the FOS later on.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Hope this helps for now.
      You send to the ones responsible for selling you the product.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, i was led to beleive that it is a form of insurance that covers the finance companies write off value to a car owners , car value after the "event of write off", so why would i be persuaded to buy this product when i paid cash for the car.....

Comment

Hi Stevie, and welcome to you. I do PPI, but this is something new to me. As Di says, if it's insurance, then it could have been mis-sold - just like other PPI.

It sure looks as though you were being charged for insurance that gave YOU no cover at all - it simply seems to have covered the finance company. But if you paid cash for the car, then WHO was the finance company ???

Sure soundz dodgy to me, mate.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i have all the paperwork in the vehicle folder, i have not looked, as it was brought to my attention as i was having a look through this marvelous site, looks i will be pestering you clever bodies with all sorts of anomalies..once again thanks for the comments

Comment

HI
              I do not think that you would bne able to reclaim this. Generally Gap insurance is built into the loan and constitues part of the charge for credit.

It would be a legitiate compulasary part of the loan IMO

Peter
              Last edited by Mr.Peterbard; 19th March 2012, 21:42:PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Peter, i paid cash for the car ,so there was no loan as such!, albeit, i do feel stupid for paying out in advance for a product that i feel i now did not need.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie not a clue View Post
                  Thanks for the reply Peter, i paid cash for the car ,so there was no loan as such!, albeit, i do feel stupid for paying out in advance for a product that i feel i now did not need.
                  Deffo claim it back

Peter

Comment

Thanks Guys, must go now early shift tomorrow, thanks for all your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X