• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rossendales bailiffs out of order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rossendales bailiffs out of order

Originally posted by benny1979 View Post
    hi thankyou for all your advice we have actually sat and gone through our bank statments today and have made 4 payments of £100 ever 2 weeks without fail they have also took money out of our bank without us knowing so weve actually paid more than we thought which we didnt know about till today, which rossendales have failed to tell us and they havent knocked it off our bill, they have visited us once before which is when i agreed to pay £100 every 2 weeks, im at my witts end im at home all day with my 2 year old son and scared i just dont understand when they have been getting paid plus the extra
    it was rossendales that sent the payment back
    Originally posted by labman View Post
    The letter I gave you above should give you their breakdown of what has been paid and when, including any about which you knew nothing. This is very naughty, but wait till you get their onfirmation - you've got your proof.

If they have visited you just once, all you owe legitimately to them is £24.50. Just make sure you keep paying, but pay direct to the council, regular as clockwork. The bailiffs won't like it, but if they had played fair, they would not be in this situation. Do not be fooled by threats of police, locksmiths, breaking in etc.... They can't!
    hi, when the bloke came originally he was on the door step to do a levvy as i had the chain on as my 2 year old son was with me aswell as my other 3 children in the house, he had looked through the windows to see what there was as my 2 year old was crying and distressed he said for me just to sign this form to say hes been out so i can go and attend to my baby which i stupidly did sign but there are stuff on the levvy which i havent even got!
    That alleged levy was clearly improper and, by including goods you didn't have, is patently invalid.

thankyou, il ring them in the morn, our original bill was £1,052 weve paid £300 off willingly and then they took another £100 out without us knowing then they repaid us £100 6 days later without us knowing we only just realised this today, they have charged us £55 for a visit £12 for a levvy fee and they are saying we still owe them £949 which doesnt add up at all and i checked this figure with the coucil and they said i owed £949 but my bankstatements clearly show the payments being made
    the £55 was for a second visit, which it wasnt it was his 1st visit and thats when he did the levvy its the 1st time we had bailiffs so we dont know the ins and outs of what they do
    The "visit fees" are excessive and illegal, whilst the account seems to suggest Rossendales have added fees of their own invention - which is fraud or, at least, false or fraudulent accounting.

Comment

...... which is why I say this is good news for the OP!

Comment

My son had a similiar situation with Rossendales,they are bully boys, and the council WILL take your debt back, as happened in his case,but my son had excessive charges on too from Rossendales

Comment

hi we have sent a letter to head of recoveries at the coucil, we got intouch with the bailiff him self which he has given us 7 days to find the money which gives us some time to sort this mess out, rossendales were very rude on the phone saying there fees were normal, the bailiff said he can change the levy when he next comes with this one being invalid and he wasnt the bailiff that 1st come out and said he was going to ring the bailiff that 1st come out to ask he gained peacfull entry surely they cant do this! arrrgggghhhh

Comment

hi we have sent a letter to head of recoveries at the coucil, we got intouch with the bailiff him self which he has given us 7 days to find the money which gives us some time to sort this mess out, rossendales were very rude on the phone saying there fees were normal, the bailiff said he can change the levy when he next comes with this one being invalid and he wasnt the bailiff that 1st come out and said he was going to ring the bailiff that 1st come out to ask he gained peacfull entry surely they cant do this! arrrgggghhhh
            If the previous - improper, invalid and unlawful - "levy" included goods you do not have and have never had, that surely indicates that the previous ba:censored:rd bailiff did not gain entry to your domicile.

Comment

RESULT:beagle:

Mr Bird

I have had a chance to look into this matter for you.

The costs chargeable by Rossendales in collecting council tax are governed by Schedule 5 of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulation 1992 (Statutory Instrument 613). A copy of which is attached to this email.

You have indicated in your email that the £67.00 fees Rossendales have charged are not legitimately charged but have not specified how you have come to that conclusion. However, the costs of £67.00 is broken down in line with the Schedule 5 and shown on the walking possession agreement signed by Mrs Bird on 2/2/12.

The levy fee is calculated under section 2(1)(b). The walking possession fee is set down under section 1(1)E(ii). Section 3(1) highlights how the fees are rounded.

In your email you have offered to make payments of £50 per week to clear the arrears. As a result I am prepared to instruct Rossendales to hold further action so long as your payments are maintained. However, fees that have already been incurred will remain payable and all payments will need to be made to them.

Your payments will need to start on 23/3/12 and will need to be in addition to your instalments for 2012/13 which will also need to be maintained.

If you have any further query please let me know.

Regards

Comment

The recording, as per post 9 will stand you in good stead over this, so don't worry, it's all on record against them.
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                RESULT:beagle:

Mr Bird

I have had a chance to look into this matter for you.

The costs chargeable by Rossendales in collecting council tax are governed by Schedule 5 of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulation 1992 (Statutory Instrument 613). A copy of which is attached to this email.

You have indicated in your email that the £67.00 fees Rossendales have charged are not legitimately charged but have not specified how you have come to that conclusion. However, the costs of £67.00 is broken down in line with the Schedule 5 and shown on the walking possession agreement signed by Mrs Bird on 2/2/12.

The levy fee is calculated under section 2(1)(b). The walking possession fee is set down under section 1(1)E(ii). Section 3(1) highlights how the fees are rounded.

In your email you have offered to make payments of £50 per week to clear the arrears. As a result I am prepared to instruct Rossendales to hold further action so long as your payments are maintained. However, fees that have already been incurred will remain payable and all payments will need to be made to them.

Your payments will need to start on 23/3/12 and will need to be in addition to your instalments for 2012/13 which will also need to be maintained.

If you have any further query please let me know.

Regards

Excellent - I told you they'd take it back one way or another. It's unusual for the Head of Revenues to actually know what he's doing, but good news nevertheless for you.

If they're going to be funny about the fees (believe it when you see it) that recording will be particularly valuable - keep it safe!
                Last edited by labman; 19th March 2012, 17:08:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i would like to say a BIG thankyou to everyone who has advised us on dealing with this matter i can now sleep easy im so glad we came across this site:tinysmile_grin_t::tinysmile_grin_t::tinysmile _grin_t:
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  we will thankyou its was sent by email which im printing off copies and guarding it with my life
                  Last edited by benny1979; 19th March 2012, 17:15:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by benny1979, quoting a steatopygous numpty at the council View Post

However, fees that have already been incurred will remain payable and all payments will need to be made to them.
                    As the levy was improperly conducted and as it included items you did not have at the time, both it and the WPA were invalid and no fees should be payable.

The council is responsible, either directly or vicariously, for the antics it uses.

Does the council's CEO know that the Chief Revenue wallah seems to condone fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      As the levy was improperly conducted and as it included items you did not have at the time, both it and the WPA were invalid and no fees should be payable.

The council is responsible, either directly or vicariously, for the antics it uses.

Does the council's CEO know that the Chief Revenue wallah seems to condone fraud?
                      Go on.. be a devil. Drop the Head of Revenues in the sewage. They won't appreciate it, but other CT payers will.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                        Go on.. be a devil. Drop the Head of Revenues in the sewage. They won't appreciate it, but other CT payers will.
                        how?

Comment

No, don't! That is EXACTLY where I was heading with this if the Head of Revenues hadn't done what he did. I have dealt with more of these than I care to think about now, and not one yet has failed to be returned to the council.

My ploy is to just that. Dig the hole, get the Head of Revenues on the side of the bailiffs (98% would side with the bailiffs) so the council itself is directly implicated in the fraud.

Believe me - their turn will come. Maybe it already did, hence this result. I've used it with many, many councils.

If everything was done legitimately, these tactics wouldn't be needed though.

Comment

so now rossendales have been instructed to hold any further action, but i still have to make the payments to them. whats to stop them from returning the payments as they have done once before and/or be late themselves in sending the payments to the council. then taking our goods anyway ................ I realy do not trust this company!!! after viewing the itv program about them starring the infamous mr bose ( its on youtube ) I just don't trust them

Comment

"The walking possession fee is set down under section 1(1)E(ii)"

There is no section 1(1)E(ii) ----> he means 1(1)D(ii) but that's not what he's put.

If you are really worried, continue to pay the council and refuse access to Rossendales. What can they do? Just make sure you pay. It has to be your choice now.

Comment

so now rossendales have been instructed to hold any further action, but i still have to make the payments to them. whats to stop them from returning the payments as they have done once before and/or be late themselves in sending the payments to the council. then taking our goods anyway ................ I realy do not trust this company!!! after viewing the itv program about them starring the infamous mr bose ( its on youtube ) I just don't trust them
                                Mr Boast is damned lucky he only got the sack. He could have suffered the withdrawal of his bailiff certificate, possible forfeiture of his bond and/or prosecution. Any bailiff company that allows the likes of Mr Boast to work for them should be made the subject of a compulsory winding-up order (CWO) in the public interest.
                                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X