• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW Parking fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW Parking fees

I received a hand delivered letter through my door today using my maiden name which I have not used since 2008 saying a bailiff came to visit to retrieve my good for parking fines! It is from the JBW group and this is the 1st visit (with fee of course). What I don't understand is why is there an Attendance to Levy fee and Attendance to remove fee. They have never written to me about this, I was in all day and they didn't knock on the door and they haven't clamped my car???

please help
    Tags: None

Re: JBW Parking fees

Do you think you committed this offence? I assume it is a Penalty Charge Notice? What is written on the various pieces delivered through your door? Are there any amounts?

Sorry for all the questions. :beagle:

Comment

Yes, I think I committed the offence! This is the 1st correspondence I have recieved from JBW. Fees are; original pcn- 165 approx ( I called the council today- they passed it to bailiff on 29 Feb )
      In the letter I got today- balance before today's visit 191.44
      Attendance to levy fee- 62.40
      Attendance to remove fee- 210
      Total due now 463.84

Comment

Thanks for you reply LabMan, and sorry if I am asking a stupid question! Can they charge for a levy and attendance to remove on the first time they have ever tried to get in touch? I have never met them or for that matter ever received any correspondence from them. He didn't ring the doorbell or even sign the letter he posted! Does he have to be a bailiff to post or levy the charge? Or can they use anyone to post it through the door?

Comment

Fees
          Sending a letter £11.20 (Can only be charged once)

Sum up to £200 28% (Minimum fee of £28.00)

Any sum over £200 5.5%

The bailiffs can charge for a maximum of 3 visits.

You couldreally do with finding out some exact figures from the council. Exactly how much was the PCN for?
          What was the total debt passed to the bailiffs to collect (may be the same amount)?

They are only allowed to charge one fee on any day for a visit, so the fee chargeable today could be perceived as one letter (you used the word hand delivered letter) of £11.20 or more likely, £46.20 (28% of £165) - this fee could be charged a maximum of three times. Obviously the 28% will increase if the fine is not settled.

They cannot remove before they have levied on goods, and would not look to just come in to remove goods straightaway. I suggest you therefore send the following letter to the bailiff company:

Free Bailiff SAR

My Name
          My Address

To:
          Acme Bailiff Co
          Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:
          a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.
          b - the reason for the fee.
          c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.
          d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.
          e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

If the bailiffs do appear at your house, do not let them in under any circumstances. Keep downstairs doors locked and the windows shut. If possible get a recording (audio or video) of them. Ask through the letterbox to see their badge - make a note of their name and the court in which they were certificated. If you get these, post up again. Hopefully they won't call.

Importantly, if you have a vehicle (I guess you have as you got a parking ticket!!!!!) - park it a few streets away. A bailiff does not have to gain peaceful entry to your property to levy on your car, so they are easy pickings. Technically they should not levy on the car if there is HP outstanding, but I would not bet on this.

Finally is there anything that may mean you are vulnerable - are you a single woman? Do you suffer any serious health or mental health conditions? etc...

Send the letter, phone the council and post back up. The bailiffs are up to their normal tricks of overcharging, so you are already getting the moral highground.

Comment

Thank you very much! I might pay visit to the council tomorrow with the letter JBW hand delivered and the letter I will be sending! The council woman on the phone wasn't very helpful today. Will keep you posted!

Comment

Let me guess - she said you had to deal with the bailiffs now.

This is twaddle. Make sure you speak to someone from the recoveries section if youintend doing this, though to be honest I wouldn't. Get your evidence collected first, then hit them! lol

Comment

Alexander. Had Jbw Round A Few Days Ago Charging Me 650 Quid To Release My Van.paid A Deposit To Get Clamp Released,balance To Follow.when I Challenged Him To See His Card He Said He Had Left It At Home.did Get His Name.when Checking On Ministry Of Justice Site,he Was Not Registered With Jbw,but With Another Firm.if This Correct Then He Is Breking The Law Because His Bond Is Not Registered With Jbw,therefor His Enforcement Is Invald. Has Anyone Got Any Advice.

Comment

They have now towed my car away (I did park it several streets away). I asked them to wait so that I can take pushchair out and other car seats etc (this didn't work) and I also said that an out of time Statutory dec has been filed today and they seem to have rushed to get this towed! He is asking for £1002 to release my car and won't take anything else! I have sent out letter yesterday! I have 4 kids all between 6 and 1, no transport and no money to pay. This has happened on a space of 3 days where I found out i had a ticket (via the bailiff).
                  What do I do next!

Comment

How do I check the validity of the bailiff?? Labman

Comment

I found website and the bailiff in question is not appearing as working for JBW instead it is blank, what does this mean?

Comment

can anyone help with my next course of action as to do next as this bailiff is showing to be working for newlyns and not for jbw.he is coming on friday to collect balance or remove my van.have moved my van to a locked garage some miles away,how do i stand legally.i dont mind paying pcn plus their reasonable fees,but not for the 500 quid they are claiming.any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ALEXANDER View Post
                          can anyone help with my next course of action as to do next as this bailiff is showing to be working for newlyns and not for jbw.he is coming on friday to collect balance or remove my van.have moved my van to a locked garage some miles away,how do i stand legally.i dont mind paying pcn plus their reasonable fees,but not for the 500 quid they are claiming.any suggestions would be appreciated.
                          urgent can anyone help.

Comment

If he is not certificated to work for jbw he has committed a very serious offence.

You should write in the strongest possible terms to the bailiff company explaining that according to the Ministry of Justice this bailiff is working for Newlyns and you will be filing a Form 4 complaint against him (do this). Copy the letter to the Local Authority and to the Manager of the Court.

Insist your car is unclamped and all bailiff fees removed immediately, and ask for a copy of the court's policy on ensuring their appointed enforcement officers are suitably certificated (they will pass this to JBW, but won't be impressed).

Give a time limit for the action to be carried out. Once you have your car back safely, and things are sorted out - tell the bailiffs again you have filed the Stat Dec out of time. This should stop the enforcement, as I said previously. I think they were possibly rattled by you asking to see the ID, with him clearly knowing he was breaking the law - let's hope we can make him pay for it.

Things should naturally follow the proper course of justice then. Do not stand for anything less than the unclamping of your vehicle though - they are committing a very serious offence employing uncertificated bailiffs and they know it.

Comment

From http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/enforcement-officers

If you have searched the Register but are unable to find the certificated bailiff that you are looking for, please contact HM Courts & Tribunals Service Operations Team on 020 3334 6355 between 10am and 4pm. HM Courts & Tribunals Service Operations Team will search the Register for you and will be able to advise you of the county court that issued the bailiff's latest certificate. They are unable to advise you on any other matters.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X