• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advise about Eon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise about Eon

If anybody could give me a little advise.

Right i have gas and electricity with Eon ... self employed so i adopt the same attitude with eon as my customers do with me ... I:E pay when money is avaliable lol... however i have an outstanding gas and elec bill from 19 Jan 2012 ... not received any other letters from them.
    Today my wife had a visit from someone from Eon i think asking to enter the house and gave her a letter on eon headed note paper.
    Demanding full payment by cash or credit debit card by no later than Monday or they will apply to the court to fit a pre pay meter ...
    She told my wife they would not accept any payment by post with cheques ... and it states on the letter and i quote You have already been charged £55 for our previous visit ...
    No as i see it all that is outstanding is a bill to which was sent out on 19 January 2012 ... and really put the wind up my Mrs ..... and told my wife to tell em i must phone their representitive on her mobile number to avoid them forcing entry to fit pre paid meters....

To me this sounds very dreconian tactics and at no point have i refused to pay the bill ... but like most people who live in the real world of today are having to juggle what income you get to best advantage.

Do i need to complain to someone ...

Any simple advise on this matter would be appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Advise about Eon

Originally posted by orangepeel View Post
    If anybody could give me a little advise.

Right i have gas and electricity with Eon ... self employed so i adopt the same attitude with eon as my customers do with me ... I:E pay when money is avaliable lol... however i have an outstanding gas and elec bill from 19 Jan 2012 ... not received any other letters from them.
    Today my wife had a visit from someone from Eon i think asking to enter the house and gave her a letter on eon headed note paper.
    Demanding full payment by cash or credit debit card by no later than Monday or they will apply to the court to fit a pre pay meter ...
    She told my wife they would not accept any payment by post with cheques ... and it states on the letter and i quote You have already been charged £55 for our previous visit ...
    No as i see it all that is outstanding is a bill to which was sent out on 19 January 2012 ... and really put the wind up my Mrs ..... and told my wife to tell em i must phone their representitive on her mobile number to avoid them forcing entry to fit pre paid meters....

To me this sounds very dreconian tactics and at no point have i refused to pay the bill ... but like most people who live in the real world of today are having to juggle what income you get to best advantage.

Do i need to complain to someone ...

Any simple advise on this matter would be appreciated
    Yes you must complain immediately. Easist is online at this link to the director of customer service Complaint : Complaints : Contact Us : At Home : E.ON Say that you have been bullied and harrased and there actions are in breach of guidelines. You want an explanation and an apology or you will complain to the energy ombudsman. Tell him your wife was frightened by the threats.

QCK

Comment

Also, try OFGEM at Ofgem Home
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by QCKate View Post
        Yes you must complain immediately. Easist is online at this link to the director of customer service Complaint : Complaints : Contact Us : At Home : E.ON Say that you have been bullied and harrased and there actions are in breach of guidelines. You want an explanation and an apology or you will complain to the energy ombudsman. Tell him your wife was frightened by the threats.

QCK
        Well it's 30th January 2015 and the same thing has happened to me. I was out yesterday and the Eon rep called and left my 16 year old son the bully letter with his name and mobile. He told my son that it was very serious and I have been charged £55 for his visit and that they would gain entry and cut me off. Naturally my son was in a panic and is now too scared to use any electric. I rent the flat and the meter is inside the charity shop downstairs and they are often closed. When they are open they don't like reading it because the old boy that runs the shop has to climb up a ladder out the back to read it for me. It is an old and ridiculous system. Eon have not once read the meter in the year that I've been here despite my requests, and this bill is an estimate of £400! It's disgusting. I have paid them £50 today with the promise of the rest next Fri (6/2/2015) when I have some benefit backpay. I'm posting this so that anyone else in the same position knows they are not alone.

Comment

The meter should be read at least twice a year I think.

I would suggest that you make a formal complaint to EON, if you Google EON you will find the address of their " executive " office and the names of various directors write to the CEO or one of the directors named.

I have done this recently for someone and it resulted in a fair and amicable resolution.

nem

Comment

Thank you, I will do that, that's good advice!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X