• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed re Trevor Munn Solicitors acting on Arc Europe Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed re Trevor Munn Solicitors acting on Arc Europe Ltd

I have today received 2 seperate letters from Trevor Munn solicitors regarding 2 outstanding debts

one for quick quid £339.20 and the other £99.73 for Auto Direct Insurance services.

I have no idea what the Auto Direct one is for as I am up to date with all my insurance policies. I know about the quick quid one. Took the loan out a few months back but been unable to repay however not once have I received any letters from quick quid direct.

Both letters state ' On the instruction of our Client ARC (Europe) ltd, documentation will now be prepared for the issue of a Claim in the Northampton County Court for recovery of the above debt. We are directed to proceed with the Claim in 10 days from the date of this letter ( 2nd March) unless we receive either payment in full or a substantial payment and a firm commitment to clear the remaining balance. If it is necessary to take this step our client is entitled under the County Courts Act 1984 to charge interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 8%. In addition you may be liable for court costs of £80 on the quick quid and £65 on the Auto Direct . If the debt still remains unpaid our client will seek to odtain Judgement against you'

I hace searched the forum for any advice but really not sure what to do or what letters to send back. I can't afford to pay anything at the moment as I have recently just lost my job, in the process of claiming benefits but that money will be there to feed me and my kids and not pay this debt. All advice welcome
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed re Trevor Munn Solicitors acting on Arc Europe Ltd

Originally posted by lfc3110 View Post
    I have today received 2 seperate letters from Trevor Munn solicitors regarding 2 outstanding debts

one for quick quid £339.20 and the other £99.73 for Auto Direct Insurance services.

I have no idea what the Auto Direct one is for as I am up to date with all my insurance policies. I know about the quick quid one. Took the loan out a few months back but been unable to repay however not once have I received any letters from quick quid direct.

Both letters state ' On the instruction of our Client ARC (Europe) ltd, documentation will now be prepared for the issue of a Claim in the Northampton County Court for recovery of the above debt. We are directed to proceed with the Claim in 10 days from the date of this letter ( 2nd March) unless we receive either payment in full or a substantial payment and a firm commitment to clear the remaining balance. If it is necessary to take this step our client is entitled under the County Courts Act 1984 to charge interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 8%. In addition you may be liable for court costs of £80 on the quick quid and £65 on the Auto Direct . If the debt still remains unpaid our client will seek to odtain Judgement against you'

I hace searched the forum for any advice but really not sure what to do or what letters to send back. I can't afford to pay anything at the moment as I have recently just lost my job, in the process of claiming benefits but that money will be there to feed me and my kids and not pay this debt. All advice welcome

Write back to them, informing them you do not acknowledge either debt nor have you received any communication, or had any dealings with their supposed client either. I would then make a CCA request for the quick quid debt including a £1 postal order (whilst reminding them they have 12+2 days to fulfill your request (or you could use Labmans CPUTR where they will have to provide true copy of the signed original), and a request for proof for both debts as along with a statement of account for both too. Also Send a Subject Access Request for both debts (with £10 for each SRA) to the solicitors.

Now questions for you:

1 Have you received any notice of assignment for either debt?
    2 Have you received any default notices for either Debt?
    3 Do you have any policies present or in the past with insurance company they named?
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

first and foremost I cannot afford to send £10 for the SRA's - i am stoney broke following my recent dismissal and as my benefits are taking time to be sorted I just don't have the spare money. in answer to your questions

I have not received any notice of assignment for either debt
      I have not received any default notices for either debt
      I used to have a policy with Auto Direct but moved when their renewal price was too high

Comment

By the sound of it, the OCs and their solicitors have not followed Civil Procedures Rules (CPR) and defaulted straight to enforcement, which is a bit naughty. As Teaboy has said, the OCs have to provide proof of debt. If they don't, they and their solicitors could be in breach, not only of CPR, but other areas of the law, also.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc3110 View Post
          first and foremost I cannot afford to send £10 for the SRA's - i am stoney broke following my recent dismissal and as my benefits are taking time to be sorted I just don't have the spare money. in answer to your questions

I have not received any notice of assignment for either debt
          I have not received any default notices for either debt
          I used to have a policy with Auto Direct but moved when their renewal price was too high

HI in that case, write back to the solicitors stating you do not acknowledge either debt.

Make it clear you have not received any notice of assignment confirming Arc Europes limited ownership of the alledged accounts, nor have you received any default notices, for the alleged quick quid debt. As such the quick quid debt can not be legally enforced, and as it appears they have sod the debt to arc, no default notice can be issued by the alleged creditor and you will be stricted them to prove postage and that the default notice was served on you.

As for the insurance debt, inform them it is not a debt as you cancelled the policy instead of renewing it, therefore the policy ceased to exist and no outstanding payments were or are owed as you were fully up to date on all payments towards the policy when you cancelled instead of choosing to renew.

And finally make it clear, that the onus of proof is on them to prove the debt and that you are fully aware of your legal rights, OFT guidelines and CPR rules, which they may well have acted in breach of in regards to their approach to this matter. Especially when you have had no communication from their cleint.
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Thank you. Your help is invaluable

Comment

Adding to Teaboy's excellent advice - as always - go to the website of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and download a complaint form as you may have grounds for complaint against Trevor Munn Solicitors under the Solicitors Code of Conduct. Not complying with statutory procedures and/or misleading or attempting to mislead a court is professional misconduct, possibly, serious professional misconduct on the part of Trevor Munn Solicitors. The website address for the SRA is SRA | Protecting consumers, regulating solicitors | Solicitors Regulation Authority

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                Adding to Teaboy's excellent advice - as always - go to the website of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and download a complaint form as you may have grounds for complaint against Trevor Munn Solicitors under the Solicitors Code of Conduct. Not complying with statutory procedures and/or misleading or attempting to mislead a court is professional misconduct, possibly, serious professional misconduct on the part of Trevor Munn Solicitors. The website address for the SRA is SRA | Protecting consumers, regulating solicitors | Solicitors Regulation Authority
                I Agree, also follow Blue bottles brilliant advice above. Nothing better than wathcing them hang by their own noose lol.

Comment

Many consumers have complained about ARC(Europe) Limited and their one client solicitor:
                  Trevor Munn!

ARC, used to use APLINS but changed to TM after so many complaints were made...!

Also, please click on the following link:
                  http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/e...loan-firm.html

Comment

Oh, one other thing about Trevor Munn Solicitors. If they have issued or do issue proceedings, make sure you keep copies of the SRA complaint form and make sure the court sees it. It will probably cause the judge's wig to levitate and a blast of cold air will be blowing in the direction of whoever from Trevor Munn Solicitors has the misfortune to be in the firing line!

Comment

If ARC or Trevor Munn issue proceedings they are challengeable under the new Consumer Credit Act (2006) We have very suucessfully challenged a number of short term lenders currently have over 1.5 Million pounds worth of this sort of debt having been succesfully challengd

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X