• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lifestyle Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lifestyle Claims

I was cold called by Life Style Claims in August 2012 and handed over £299 admin fee plus several £10 and £1 cheques in addition over £3000 for the priority services 20 months ago. However I would like to offer some faith to those of you who have fallen for the same mistake as me...

Please read on but first you may want to read my previous thread as it will give you some background of my bad experience with this company.

After 18.5 months - I was informed that none one of my agreements had PPI on them and that I was entitled to a full refund. I received a cheque letter which outlined the total refund due and I was asked to return it. Once they receive the letter they agree to pay you a refund within 1-30 working days (6 weeks).

Almost every day I hounded them to find out where my refund was but I was told it was the finance team who deal with refunds. I was unable to speak to anyone in this department and so another day passed...

On day 26 of 30 I finally received a full refund which I was delighted to get. It has been such a long drawn our battle with these people. They were very quick to take my money from me but extremely lame to pay it back. The most important thing is that they have refunded me and to be truthful I never thought I would see that money again.

I am very grateful for the advice this forum has given me. I wish I could thank a certain person (mentioning no names - you know who you are! for you genuine empathy and understanding of my situation) You really are a diamond and I thank you for all your time PM me over the last few weeks! x

You will get your money back from this company but it will take a minimum 6 weeks .
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    I was cold called by Life Style Claims in August 2012 and handed over £299 admin fee plus several £10 and £1 cheques in addition over £3000 for the priority services 20 months ago. However I would like to offer some faith to those of you who have fallen for the same mistake as me...

Please read on but first you may want to read my previous thread as it will give you some background of my bad experience with this company.

After 18.5 months - I was informed that none one of my agreements had PPI on them and that I was entitled to a full refund. I received a cheque letter which outlined the total refund due and I was asked to return it. Once they receive the letter they agree to pay you a refund within 1-30 working days (6 weeks).

Almost every day I hounded them to find out where my refund was but I was told it was the finance team who deal with refunds. I was unable to speak to anyone in this department and so another day passed...

On day 26 of 30 I finally received a full refund which I was delighted to get. It has been such a long drawn our battle with these people. They were very quick to take my money from me but extremely lame to pay it back. The most important thing is that they have refunded me and to be truthful I never thought I would see that money again.

I am very grateful for the advice this forum has given me. I wish I could thank a certain person (mentioning no names - you know who you are! for you genuine empathy and understanding of my situation) You really are a diamond and I thank you for all your time PM me over the last few weeks! x

You will get your money back from this company but it will take a minimum 6 weeks

Read more at: Lifestyle Claims - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    Last edited by LittlemissN; 26th April 2012, 22:50:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS :cheer2::cheer2:

I think you are one very very brave lady and you deserve to have got back that money. They had no right to hang on to it once they knew there was NO claim, that is in their T&C's that the initial monies paid is refundable if there is no claim as yours was.

My main concern really is how long it took them to refund you hun, because if you had not hassled them you would probably never have got that money back.

Another problem I have not just with this company but all CMC's is that they do not keep you updated and that you have to fight just to get to speak with them.

Also, keeping you waiting 6 weeks for that refund is not right and this is one thing I will bring up at the next MOJ meeting scheduled very soon as I am sure the MOJ would want to know about this type of activity as it was bad enough that they never told you that you did not have a claim - that is appauling.

I hope that you will stay around and help others who come on to this forum seeking help and who need this type of advice.

ps just seen a typo you put Aug2012 should be Aug2010

Comment

Congratulations from me too, excellent stuff, well done, great work!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Comment

Fantastic-full marks for perseverance and confidence-- and also to the people on this thread helping you

Comment

Congratulations to You!!!

Well done for your persistence xxx
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Awe what lovely messages - I feel like it's my birthday!

My advice to anyone considering claiming money back from a CMC - PLEASE DO IT YOURSELF!!! and keep what's rightfully yours. Anyone on this site will help you.

Avoid Lifestyle Claims like the plague - yes they have eventually paid back my money but I fought with both fists which is completely unnecessary.

x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X