• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just been served papers by sols acting for 1st Credit (finance)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just been served papers by sols acting for 1st Credit (finance)

who are the solicitors

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
      who are the solicitors
      Dont want to say who they are right now.

UPDATE FROM OFT: This firm has a license for debt collection ONLY!! So WTF are they doing issuing default notices?

Comment

you will find that the solicitors do not exist as such for these dca

its just they pay a solicitor to use their name and stationary and imply they are solicitors

1st crud use lcs as the norm or as known as connaught collections, as know as, as known as

get the idea

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
          you will find that the solicitors do not exist as such for these dca

its just they pay a solicitor to use their name and stationary and imply they are solicitors

1st crud use lcs as the norm or as known as connaught collections, as know as, as known as

get the idea
          Letters for hire @ 75p a time.

Comment

Oh, these guys exist, all right. They are called Yuill and Kyle and one of their partners thinks he's a hot-shot. Google 'em.

Comment

Just been looking at the paperwork these clowns sent me. Am really, really angered about the way they have gone about this, a botch-job, full of inaccuracies; a legal document incorrectly set out; the issuing of a default notice they had no right to issue. Time to have another word with the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission about them, this time as a formal complaint.

Will halt for now on posting but will update as things progress.

Comment

go for it!!:beagle::beagle:

Comment

Is there anyone on LB who's familair with Scots Law who'd like to have a look at the scans of the SD served upon me? It's nothing like the type served under English Law.

Comment

Seems not.

Heard back from SLCC last week; complaint being considered. If not handled by the them, they will pass it over to the Law Society of Scotland. OFT also looking into the issuing of the second default notice.

Comment

Update: Trading Standards have also seen paperwork and my account relating to this carry-on and want to interview me to take a statement as they believe this solicitor has a case to answer!

The police in Glasgow also have had a request to investigate him.

Comment

Trading Standards are now in the process of contacting this monkey and his chain-holder, 1st Crud. If they fail to respond, they're going to pay them a visit, personally.

Unbelievabley, the SLCC complaint is still being considered!!

Comment

Well, the SLCC finally replied and found both my complaints 'without merit'. So, it's ok to construct a stat demand and leave out provision for set-aside and not name the court the hearing is going to be heard at? Bizarre.

Still, the good news is that local Trading Standards has got its teeth into him and once I know where that's going, I'm contacting the Law Society about this dog.

Comment

Springer Spaniel, might have some ideas you has legal knowledge and lives up in Scotland or she did at one time.

Also, Celestine is now looking into wrongful defaults. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ors&highlight=

You may want to PM both to come and have a look at your thread as they may well have some suggestions certainly about the wrongful default.
                            Last edited by TUTTSI; 31st October 2012, 06:59:AM.

Comment

Thanks, Tuttsi.

Sorry for not thank you earlier as last few months were a bit hectic, work wise.

The monkey sol and 1st Crud have gone silent, both refusing to comment on the default and the latter ignoring requests to explain the moving of the default date by some three years and that is now in the hands of the Information Commissioner.

I cannot now report the sol to the Law Society as the SLCC found my complaint 'without merit' and they are the buffer between myself and the Law Society, so I am stymied. Local Trading Standards are still investigating the process the sol used/is allowed to use with regard to issuing the default but, as expected, the sol is dragging his heels, citing that he needs to consult 1st Crud before he can reply. That was in December and a response is due around now but I'm not holding my breath for it.

I am frustrated that this sol can get away with deliberately incorrectly setting out a stat demand and then has the gall to issue a default notice! There MUST be a way to sort guys like this out!

I will check the link above, Tuttsi, and get my head around all this again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X