• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taxi Fraud. A Two-Way Street ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taxi Fraud. A Two-Way Street ?

Originally posted by labman View Post
    I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'low life cabbie, anymore than there is a 'low life toilet cleaner.'

In my opinion, people become low lifes, not through what they do, whether that be by choice as in your case, or by personal limitations. They become low lifes through their attitudes, prejudices, arrogance etc... they may be cabbies, toilet cleaners, dustmen; Equally they may be lawyers, bankers, multi-millionaires.

People should be judged for who they are and their actions and inactions, not for what they do for a living.
    Blimey. You guys ain't so bad, after all. You can make a piece of $h1t like me feel like I'm ten feet long !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
      Blimey. You guys ain't so bad, after all. You can make a piece of $h1t like me feel like I'm ten feet long !!!

We are not defined by what we do Bill, but rather by how we do it.

(dont know who said that , but some one should have IMO):tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Bernie

Comment

Originally posted by berniel View Post
        We are not defined by what we do Bill, but rather by how we do it.

(dont know who said that , but some one should have IMO):tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Bernie
        Until I am informed otherwise, I will consider that as a quote from your good self, Bernie. It means more to me than I care to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
          I don't start many threads these days, so please forgive me, and humour me, if you'd be so kind.

"Taxi Fraud" - It means different things to different people, doesn't it ? When I've googled it, I have found loads of info about how cabbies defraud their customers by following a 'circuitous' route, or short-changeing, etc., etc., etc. Sure - they are not the most respected - or respectable - critters on the planet, and we must not trust them any further than we can throw them. Just like bankers, I guess - but without the prospect of monster pensions. In fact, many are doing that job because they cannot afford to retire, or have been laid off from their chosen line of work because some 'Fred' has 'Shredded' them, and sold their livelihood to China.

Yep - I'm a cabbie. By choice. For some reason, I just can't do office politics or corporate bullying - so I became just another 'desperado.' It's a weakness, not a strength - I admit that. There's a chromosome missing somewhere in my DNA. The reason I can't do office politics is because I can't do the 'two-face' thing. I DO lie - but I just don't get away with it, so I try to avoid it if I can. Getting found out is just SO embarrassing, innit ?

I tell customers to report scams to the local council - who license the cabbies - and I tell them how to spot them, and what to do.

So - I don't do the scams, but if a pile of drunks give me abuse for a 20-minute journey, and then they overpay me, or leave a £20 note on the floor, then I have no conscience about that. I earned it the hard way, I reckon, and it's my tip.

I regularly read here about peeps getting 'arrested' by Tesco/ASDA (et al) Security Staff for walking off without paying. The police are there in NO time, and all the stops are pulled out. But, if a taxi driver reports a 'runner,' where a fare simply runs off without paying - then the police often say they are not getting involved, because it is a 'Civil' matter, and not a 'Criminal' one.

We seem to get no support whatsoever - despite the fact that we are the peaceful key to what is effectively 'crowd dispersal' when the clubs shut at 3 am here. Suddenly, at 3 am., hundreds of kids hit the street and want to go home. They fight over the taxis sometimes. Yet we seem to be treated by the Police with contempt for being there. I would love to see their feeble attempts at keeping the peace if we all decided to take Saturday night off.

Personally, I consider that someone who avoids paying for goods - OR SERVICES - by absconding after delivery or collection of such, without paying, is guilty of a criminal offence, and should be pursued as a criminal. I intend to write to our local Police Commissioner about this - perhaps with a FoI request - but I would appreciate other views before I do so.

I don't want to make a bigger jerk of myself than I already am !!!

Can anybody add their views to this ?
          My brother very understanding journey you took me through. I have a God consciousness so I totally understand the moral of people that we are providing good service to. No matter taxi or normal retail. I say this because retail is normal not like taxi. You have to see and acknowledge your not there to sell a product but yourself. You want people to be happy getting in your cab. Not like retail, because you can get out of your cab if don't like it. The shop will not change, because people who like It, will still go there. Just because you didn't like it it's not going to change.

Not everyone takes a cab. Hence the effort you need to put in it. You have only yourself to sell not the product.

I am 33 I have a good life thank the Lord, even to take taxis as not everyone can. I have taken a few. A good few. The nice ones remember you but the ones that are just making money don't notice you.
          Just a little taste of some unrighteous taxi drivers who do not seem to have a soul and seem to think everyone else is stupid and does not realise that they are ripping them off.

Basically come from another country, live here for 2 years, still can not speak properly, but still can have the attitude to charge what they please. I got charged 26 pounds within crawley, a town with 3 drops within 6 miles distance.

Just a warning. Try not to take the cab firm next to troys in Crawley. Shame on them. Spoke to one person, was nice and then, when I called back its all about business hours. So basically the guy who screwed me is going to do same thing with everyone else all night
          Ĺearn how to run a business, that is what I would say. Employ people who need jobs not people who want them. They can't speak English properly and then to rob them, transporting people becomes a joke.

Look after them and get good drivers not thieves. No matter what they look like. Shameful. Crawley next to troys. Shameful. Just cos they Muslim. Doesn't mean anything. Read it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X