• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VW Crafter Engine Problems Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VW Crafter Engine Problems Help Needed

The same I think? But you have to understand that this vehicle is my living I need it back on the road whatever it takes and VW have everything sown up I had to get it back I was a single parent paying all my bills from my work and looking after a young girl at the same time I had to keep working!!!! So please before you judge my actions I was not in a position to stay at home and wait. My Army background won't let me do that I will push on whatever it takes.

Comment

I'm not judging your actions!

I am, however, appalled at the way that dealer has treated you and overcharged for components.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        Did the Skoda use less viscous oil for the first xx,000 miles, until the bearings had been run in?

My late father once bought a Skoda.

I started to get a bit concerned when I saw the spanners, slip-joint pliers and screwdrivers in the supplied tool kit.

As he was going down a motorway one day, the engine suddenly made a clanking sound, then faltered, spluttered and stopped. On checking to see what had happened, it was immediately obvious: first the fan belt had disintegrated, then the reinforcing cords had flailed around inside the engine compartment, wrapped themselves around the capacitor and ripped it away from its mountings. The clanking sound was the noise the capacitor made as the fan belt hurled its captive against anything in its path. Needless to say, the capacitor was by then quite U/S and the AA had to bodge together a rough repair just to get us home.
        That's sounds very unlike Skoda, unless it was one of their older models. The new Octavia is one of the best motors on the road. D & C Police are gradually replacing their Ford Mondeos with Octavia VRS marked and unmarked car and South Western Ambulance Service have recently bought a fleet of Octavia Scouts as Rapid Response Vehicles - they can shift.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

The Crafter and the Merc Sprinter are built in the same factory, hence the Merc gearbox. I have heard the new Renault Master and Vauxhall Movano (same factory, different grilles) are worth looking at. Renault are very popular and well-liked in the film industry. You can throw everything including the kitchen sink in the back of them and they still come back for more.

Comment

They are built in the same factory but have different engines fitted the crafter has a 5 cylinder 2.5 vw engine fitted and I think the Merc has 2.2 or 2.3 Merc engine. I have just been looking on the watchdog site and right there in front of my face a big item about DPF's and them failing strange that. VW weren't mentioned but I hope they will be now after I sent them all the emails and letters I have had from VW and the £8500 cost at putting it right. I tried to email Mr Craft at VW who is a director but his PA intercepted my email and passed it back to Customer we don't care in Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by cheekymonkey07 View Post
              They are built in the same factory but have different engines fitted the crafter has a 5 cylinder 2.5 vw engine fitted and I think the Merc has 2.2 or 2.3 Merc engine. I have just been looking on the watchdog site and right there in front of my face a big item about DPF's and them failing strange that. VW weren't mentioned but I hope they will be now after I sent them all the emails and letters I have had from VW and the £8500 cost at putting it right. I tried to email Mr Craft at VW who is a director but his PA intercepted my email and passed it back to Customer we don't care in Leeds.
              Send him a letter with TO BE OPENED BY ADDRESSEE ONLY written on the outside. He's the only person who can open it with this endorsement on the envelope. Give it a try.

Comment

Ill see what they have to say tomorrow after I sent him copes of the emails and reply's I sent to watchdog then ill do what you said about the letter thanks.

Comment

VW customer care have said they can't get involved with this it's down to the dealer to sort it out I still have £500 to pay on the engine replacement I've paid £6000 but it still has this problem with the water light that stays on it wasn't there before they changed the engine so should I hold that £500 back till they have rectified the fault that they caused?

Comment

If it's a franchised dealer, it is their responsibility. The last job I did, we had a Citroen Relay van that kept developing faults. The local Citroen dealer kept fobbing us off. Rang Citroen's UK HQ, explained the problems to them and they informed me the dealers already knew about the faults and should have rectified them. One phone to Citroen dealer from me and one from Citroen UK HQ and faults were rectified within 72 hours. Send the letter to the CEO of VW UK.

Comment

I have wrote a letter to Chris Craft under only to be opened by addressee and see what he can do if it ever gets to him!!! I don't care about getting any money back I just want to be happy that the van is running ok if I did get any money back I would give it to Army charities to share out between them being ex military myself.
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Being the person I am and trusting people I don't believe that this garage is at fault as a whole I think it's down to the fitter on the ground the training that they have had in the equipment they use I THINK ?????
                      Last edited by cheekymonkey07; 17th February 2012, 18:33:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Anyway should I pay this last £500 if the van still has a fault that was not there before they fixed the engine????

Comment

all i can say about these vas are they are a heap of junk.only had mine 3 month and i needed to get a new turbo,dpf,seals,pipes and gallons apon gallons of oil. my vw crafter lwb 2007 model has done more miles on the back of an aa truck. what a total waste of money. and the buisness i have lost its just unbelivable thats me had it with this van im at the end of my tether. mr crafter get a grip and recall all these rubbish vans.you must be making a fortune selling spare parts for these crap vans. come on mr crafty. and if this van breaks down once more i swear that i will put big signs on the sides and back saying dont buy these vans as it will cost more to fix than what it cost to buy.

Comment

I have been running Renault Master's for 5 years with one completing over 450,000 miles and to be honest apart from minor electrical problems and occasional sliding door issues they have been great. I have just bought a new LWB Crafter for the additional length but from what I am reading I think I should have stuck to the Renault or at least done more in depth research.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X