• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

car sold while still on finance with out consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: car sold while still on finance with out consent

Thank s for the replies ,no action was taken against my son for what he had done with my car ,but now I have found out this week he has been getting car insurance in my home address and yet he has been living in Dublin for the past twelve months and I have been receiving debt letters from the said companies because he has not paid the premiums. Now I have received a letter from Hellix debt saying they are sending the sherriffs out for the sum of £309 that my son owes for car insurance from kwik fit insurance ,I have reported this to the police and they have informed me not to open the door when they arrive and to dial 999 and give them the crime log number and they will come out straight away,also I have been in-touch with IFB (Insurance Fraud Bureau ) told them what my son has done and they are investigating it as it is a serious crime to obtain insurance at a different address .So now hopefully the law will catch up to him and put a stop to what he has been doing .Any feed back or information about how the IFB will deal with this matter will be most appreciated .
    Last edited by fairy dust 49; 15th February 2013, 08:31:AM.

Comment

I for got to mention that I did telephone Hellix debt company to tell them that the debter i.e my son did not live here and has not done so for the past 10 years ,the person I spoke to was so rude and obnoxious and called me a liar saying every body that receives a debt notice always tells lies and says the one who owes the money all ways seems to live else where.I could not believe the way he spoke to me ,hense the reason why I telephoned the police to have this recorded and logged on their files for my protection in just in-case the sheriffs do call .

Comment

If your son is in Dublin, he is under the jurisdiction of the Garda Siochana, the police force for the Republic of Ireland, and Irish Law. Whichever UK police force is dealing with the matter of the insurance fraud will need to apply to the Garda for assistance.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank`s Bluebottle for reply ,yes the IFB told me that they will investigate the matter over the insurance being in my address and also because my son is using my address then he is not legally insured .Also they are back tracking his previous insurance companies to check on the addresses he has used before ,I do know he had insurance with Admiral and didn`t pay his premium on that one as a debt letter was sent to my address yet again so it looks as if he has done this before .

Comment

I've just done some checking on the IFB. They are an industry body, not police or connected with the police, although I have no doubt they work closely with the police. The police will become involved at some stage, but I suspect that will happen once the IFB have the evidence to justify police involvement.

Comment

Bluebottle if you don`t mind answering a question for me ,when I telephoned Kwik fit insurance over this matter involving my son and I told them that his insurance would not be valid due to fraud - they informed me that they have now put a code against his name ,I told the IFB about the said code against my son`s name and they replied very good news.Please can you tell me what this code is and what it means please as I have never heard of this before. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Yes they did tell me they will have police involved.

Comment

If someone is not allowed to obtain insurance for any reason, say, because they have a conviction for criminal dishonesty, the insurance industry will have some way of alerting insurance companies and intermediaries of this. What Kwik Fit have probably done is put a marker against your son's name because of what he has done. That is not unreasonable. Once the IFB has concluded its investigation and has all the evidence together, that is when they will go to the police with their findings. It is possible that your local police force may be asked to obtain a Witness Statement from you to the effect that you had no knowledge he was using your address to obtain insurance and that you did not consent to him doing this.

Comment

Thank you so much for replying ,and in answer to your last statement of any knowledge of me knowing the answer is no i did not know that he was using my address and depending when he took out the said insurance which kwik fit did not disclose to me ,I have not had contact with my son for nearly 20 months as you know from earlier conversations about his antics and debts he needs to be own up to his dishonesty and pay the penalty .As mentioned before I have already informed the police about what he has done and with out my consent .Once again thank you for your information on this matter and I will keep you posted if I hear any thing in the near future.

Comment

Have again today received another letter for my son from Hellix debt company for the sum of £305 ,but this time it is for green motor insurance based in scotland .I have been intouch with green insurance but they have informed me that no insurance has shown up for this address in my sons name BUT there is two other addresses for insurance in his name, so how can the debt company send the letter`s here in his name ,I have also informed the IFB about this and also had it added to the log number that the police gave me last week. Is it advisable not to call Hellix again to tell them my son is not at this address ,as when I called them last week to let them know the guy on the telephone was so rude and also said I was lying .Should I just wait for the bailiffs to call so I can then have the police in attendance for them to tell the bailiffs they have the wrong address.Thanks for your advise.

Comment

Hiya FD ....I would do exactly what the police said to do,,why should you have to keep contacting pig ignorant people and get yourself upset? Let the numpties knock your door and call the police,,and hopefully they will get the hint to b****r off and leave you alone.

Comment

Thanks Inca for your reply ,think I am passed getting upset now just getting so annoyed at how he can keep doing this .he has so many debts it is unbelievable and I get all his debt mail here at my address some companies have been very good when I have told them my son doe`s not live here but this Hellix company are so rude and obnoxious .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X