• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Irresponsible lending by Barclays Partner Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irresponsible lending by Barclays Partner Finance

Hi there,

I am currently sought after by Barclays Partner Finance because I was deceived into signing a guarantor for my older brother who took up a course with Red driving school to become a driving instructor. At the time I did not know the full implications of being a guarantor and I was under the impression that I was only a reference.

My brother defaulted on the payments and BPF came after me, even though at the time that the finance was issued I was a full time student at university with no income other than my student loan and still was in the same financial circumstances.

All I have received is one letter and lot of intimidating phonecalls. This was several years ago and because of the harassment by BPF I have avoided this problem, which I regret until now because my credit rating is ruined and I just want to move on in my life.

Any help or advice I would be grateful for.

B. Smith
    Tags: None

Re: Irresponsible lending by Barclays Partner Finance

I am afraid that as a guarantor, if the person you are standing guarantor for defaults, you are liable for settling any outstanding sums owing.

However, I note that RED Driving School and Barclays Partner Finance are involved in this and there has been coverage of this in the media, especially on television.

You may well be correct in claiming that BPF have lent money irresponsibly. However, this is a matter you need to pursue with the relevant authorities. May I suggest you make Consumer Direct your first port of call on 0845 4040506 and let them signpost you accordingly.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X