• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help, Got offer from mortgage company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, Got offer from mortgage company

we discovered that our mortgage company has made an error charging an exit fee which shouldnt have applied to us when we remortgaged with the same company 6 years ago.

We have a final offer from the mortgage company, and it sounds good, but the company dealing with the claim for us want to charge us 29.5% on everything to do with the settlement. This includes the account adjustment which will occur after it has been finalised. Can they do this? Our mortgage company have stated in the offer letter that any account adjustment balance should not be considered for compensation. But the company dealing with it have said that their charge will stand.

The way i see it we have two options. Accept the offer in full, but tell the company dealing with it that they will only get paid on the offer part and not the account adjustment part after the offer is finalised. or we can cancel the compliant against the mortgage company entirely. If we cancelled the complaint against the mortgage company, would we still be liable for fees to the company dealing with the compliant for us?

Read more at: morgage exit fees reclamation Need help please - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    Tags: None

Re: Please help, Got offer from mortgage company

bump

Comment

Hiya

*sigh* at Claims Management Companies.....grrrrr

OK, can you scan and show us a copy of the agreement from the CMC please? Remove all personal details including Acc Number.

I'm not sure I fully follow how paying an exit fee has caused an account adjustment, could you explain further.

What sort of amounts are we talking here?

Lastly, which CMC are we dealing with here? Don't worry, you're not committing libel by mentioning their name.

Cel x
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Cel, When we remortgaged within the same mortgage company and extra cash back, they advised that we would not occur a early repayment charge. However they did add a charge on to the value of £3162.40p, now they have agreed to remove this charge plus interest will be paid back to us the sum of £984.00 plus they are giving us a £250 gesture of goodwill payment. Because this charge should of never been there in the first place, our mortgage payments should of been lower for the past 6 years, therefore they have agreed to credit our mortgage account with the difference of the new mortgage monthly payment as opposed to the one that we have been paying for the last 6 years, which equates to approx £15-£20 per month less. This is the account addjustment as basically they are putting our account back to where it should of been. Therefore there will be a credit on our account for about £1200 which we can do what we wish with. The CMC is wanting to claim on the credit on our account aswell as the settlement amounts i.e £3162.40 + £984.00+£250.00. OUr mortgage company has stated in the offer letter that the credit on the account is not part of the settlement. But I not willing to sign to accpet this offer due to they want all the money. Hope this helps. I really need to know If I can just withdraw my complaint from o0ur mortgage company as its putting me into loss in short term, If i accept then i would have to add approx £80.00 from my own money to cover CMC charges. The CMCs name is consumer claims management.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X